PDA

View Full Version : I have been inspired by Shock but i need some serious help.

Wormy1789
12-12-2009, 12:17 PM
OK i have been watching shock by Turqoiz; (idk how to spell it) which inspired me to do my own, but i need help. I know how to animate all sticks and stuff and im good (im a top animator on flipnote hatena) but i dont know how to have all those sticks in there and be able to animate some while others dont move and i need a little bit of help on animating the sticks so it looks almost as if it were an epic version of pivot ps i have flash CS4. Plz plz help.

Zed
12-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Are you saying that you are trying to make a flash animation look like a pivot animation?

Wormy1789
12-12-2009, 12:46 PM
no but Shock looks as if it were animated in pivot but it wasnt im talking about the sticks they look perfect throughout the entire animation as if they were premade i have an idea and i think its just redrawing them that way but it just seems way too perfect.

Zed
12-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I must disagree with you. I have shock open in another window now, and I'm seeing an incredible amount of resizing in the legs; especially during the runs. Redrawing accurately is the only way, I'm afraid. In theory you could get a tape measure out or count the pixels, but really it's just a matter of practice. Sorry.

Wormy1789
12-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah thats what i figured anyway i dont wear my glasses much and i cant see resizing with the speed of the animation oh well but about my other thing. how does the creator make all those other sticks attacking the red guy move at the same time while some stay where they are. Im trying it by keeping the main weak enemies in one layer and then when they die into another layer but it still is hard to make one move or multiple while others stay where they are.

Zed
12-12-2009, 01:04 PM
I suspect what he did was to animate people in the order that they died, so he would animate one persons actions until they needed to be still, copy that frame fifty times or so, go back and animate the next guy to die, delete all of those fifty frames that didn't get used, create fifty more frames which now have two dead bodies in them, and repeat. At least, that's what I'd do. Flash isn't exactly my forté, but that'd be the simplest way that I can see.

Wormy1789
12-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Ah i can do that type of thing animating one guy then animating in the next guy but what about the part where all the sticks pile on top of the red guy?

Zed
12-12-2009, 01:15 PM
He'll have animated each stick individually in the run up to it, and then made a load of frames where everyone was perfectly still after that. Then he'll have gone back through animating the red guy into each frame again.

Wormy1789
12-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Oh but in his animations his facts say he uses a crapload of layers 20-70 and figured it may have been for the multiple enemies. idk im just a flash nooob im used to flipnote hatena but i likes flash better.

Zed
12-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I'll be honest with you; I'm a pivoteer. I have never been able to get the hang of layers. He may well have used hundreds of different layers for it - I'm sure it would work just as well, if not better - but all that I've said here is educated guesswork based on a few basic flash tutorials that I've watched.

Wormy1789
12-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Oh i see well i have a pretty good idea on how to do all this ill just expiriment with different methods and see whats good. thnx for trying to help.

LN3uq
12-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I'd assume he used several layers for all the enemies, so that once one died and didn't have to move about the screen anymore, he could just leave that layer as it is