PDA

View Full Version : (Strife) spawn?

Strife
12-12-2009, 04:18 PM
made this a few months ago. I spent a few days on it then lost inspiration.

I'm half and half on it..

http://www.truploader.com/view/700318

I'm starting to make shorts every now and then in my animation class, there nothing special but i'll post em up soon.

comments only please, don't need crit, i'm not taking animation seriously anymore.

Etch
12-12-2009, 04:49 PM
You still got it.
<3

Strife
12-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Etch, long time no see!

And i disagree haha, but thanks

Etch
12-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I know right? I've finally decided to pop back into the animation scene.
Hopefully I can come in with a whole new set up and thinking process when it comes to animations instead of just taking from styles here and there. Keep putting some shorts up dude. I've had the best attitude towards animation now ever then I did. Just ****ing do it and not give shit about improving on small details. If it's fun, it's fun. :p

Flood
12-12-2009, 11:36 PM
holy shit your so awesome. your what inspired me to animate, when i first started. im serious, i compare you to terkoiz.

Etch
12-12-2009, 11:38 PM
To Terkoiz? Seriously? If you mean by animation standards as in creative style or something, then yes, but the styles are completely opposite.

Flood
12-13-2009, 01:17 AM
i mean as the enjoyment i get from watching the animation

Tawnik
12-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Is it animation or a slideshow ? Well, to be honest with you, I like the movements, everything seems good, but why ? Because the fps is THAT low, you cant use 12 fps (sorry if it was 16, but I think it was 12, maybe lower) forever, its just for the beginning animators, when they dont have that much experience and they need something that will give them an advantage, because as it is slowed down the human eye thinks that the easing looks good, but wait, there's barely any easing, so if you'd fire this at 24 it would look really bad, even if you added all the inbetweens and tried really hard.Why am I telling you ? Because if you want to move any further with animation you should move to higher fps, people get bored of watching low fps animations, its kind of slowmotion, its cool, at first, but who wants to watch 2 minutes long animation that "lags" (people, the audience dont really know why, but its because of the fps).Yeah you're all right, the animation looks really good and it is, at 12 (or whatever..) fps you used, but they will definitely get bored after like 2 minutes, so if you ever want to do a short movie (5 minutes +/-) then the low fps might move from "advantages" to "disadvantages".This is just my opinion, I said I like it, but this is just kind of warning :)

Nice to see you back, again :D Hope you'll stay this time ;)

Etch
12-13-2009, 03:46 AM
Lololol. Strife can pull 24fps. I've seen it. 12 fps is just faster and the lazy way in my opinion. It's really fun for exaggeration and goofyness in my opinion. Strife always had a lot of exaggeration in his reactions from the animations I've seen by him. 24fps is a lot of work and patience, and he's not necessarily looking for a way to improve or make something for the community. It's all just good fun and a hobby I suppose. :p But tawnik, you are correct. :p

N T
12-13-2009, 09:24 AM
made this a few months ago. I spent a few days on it then lost inspiration.

I'm half and half on it..

http://www.truploader.com/view/700318

I'm starting to make shorts every now and then in my animation class, there nothing special but i'll post em up soon.

comments only please, don't need crit, i'm not taking animation seriously anymore.
Strife??? Back from the dead too? Anyhuw, your animation is rusty in my opinion, but still amazingly fluid and well animated [as always]

Looks like a mix of Halloween colors.

unkn0wnx
12-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Holly ..... I think it rocked

Strife
12-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Is it animation or a slideshow ? Well, to be honest with you, I like the movements, everything seems good, but why ? Because the fps is THAT low, you cant use 12 fps (sorry if it was 16, but I think it was 12, maybe lower) forever, its just for the beginning animators, when they dont have that much experience and they need something that will give them an advantage, because as it is slowed down the human eye thinks that the easing looks good, but wait, there's barely any easing, so if you'd fire this at 24 it would look really bad, even if you added all the inbetweens and tried really hard.Why am I telling you ? Because if you want to move any further with animation you should move to higher fps, people get bored of watching low fps animations, its kind of slowmotion, its cool, at first, but who wants to watch 2 minutes long animation that "lags" (people, the audience dont really know why, but its because of the fps).Yeah you're all right, the animation looks really good and it is, at 12 (or whatever..) fps you used, but they will definitely get bored after like 2 minutes, so if you ever want to do a short movie (5 minutes +/-) then the low fps might move from "advantages" to "disadvantages".This is just my opinion, I said I like it, but this is just kind of warning :)

Nice to see you back, again :D Hope you'll stay this time ;)

Thanks for the crit, I'm well aware though, and I've made alot of animations at 24, even 26 and 28.

The past like 8 animations you've seen from me have been spaced out for months, I'm not looking to make something amazing or whatever, i'm just doing it for the fun of animating.

But yes I do agree.

and thanks for the comments guys ;]

And it could also be considered a style, and i'm pretty sure if i made a 2 minute long animation at 12 fps it would still be kickass. not to sound cocky or whatever.

Mark
12-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Entertaining from begging to end Well Done

Tawnik
12-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes, I know what you mean, of course its a style, but I was more like warning you, if you want to be an animator for living, you should do more 24 fps animations, I dont think Ive ever seen you animating at 16+ fps.. maybe its just my bad memory, idk =D

2 minutes of stick fighting at 12 fps is cool, really cool, people can clearly see the moves and everything seems really awesome, but I guess that something strange would happen if you wanted to do 12 fps character dialog :)

Like you said, its a style :D

Strife
12-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm making a 24 anim right now for you actually, haha ;p.

glad we came to an agreement!

Miccool
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
I like your 12 fps better though.....

Flood
12-13-2009, 05:41 PM
yeah, honestly the frame rate isn't important as long as the audience enjoys the animation :/