PDA

View Full Version : My first walk

StickDavyRobin
12-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey everybody this is my first walk. I learned some moves from the tutorials that members posted in the forum.

P.S.: Can u give some advise to make my walks better ?

aakash77
12-17-2009, 11:55 AM
maybe search up pivot walk tutorial on google or look for one on the forums....

Zed
12-17-2009, 01:29 PM
He said he'd looked at them already.

@SDR: You need to watch the foot placement and start straightening out the front leg once it's past the foot on the ground. Besides that I think it's just smoothing.

StickDavyRobin
12-18-2009, 04:33 AM
He said he'd looked at them already.

@SDR: You need to watch the foot placement and start straightening out the front leg once it's past the foot on the ground. Besides that I think it's just smoothing.

ok but can u give me the link about foot placement please ?

aakash77
12-18-2009, 06:04 AM
well that part is pretty easy (look at the onion skin/grey outline frome previous frame and make sure the foot that is placed on the ground stays in the same spot)

StickDavyRobin
12-18-2009, 08:18 AM
I made A better walk video and I made better foot placements.

Is this walk good?

Zed
12-18-2009, 08:58 AM
It's better. You still need to straighten the front leg out a bit more. Also, try not to let his body slow down too much between each stride. To do that the front leg should be moving backwards before it hits the ground.

aakash77
12-18-2009, 10:21 AM
You also need to work on easing on your hands. That means slowing down before coming to a stop....its kinda like stopping in a car or any object that moves and stops (without hiting another solid object like a wall).

StickDavyRobin
12-21-2009, 09:22 AM
It's better. You still need to straighten the front leg out a bit more. Also, try not to let his body slow down too much between each stride. To do that the front leg should be moving backwards before it hits the ground.
I tried to straighten the leg a little bit more and this is the result.
But I think that the walk before was better.

StickDavyRobin
12-21-2009, 11:03 AM
I've edited the foot placements and the arms and this is the result.

P.S.: I need someone who can learn me all the basics of pivot.

bubbles
12-21-2009, 11:11 AM
I've edited the foot placements and the arms and this is the result.

P.S.: I need someone who can learn me all the basics of pivot.
If you go to piovt tutorials right here on stickpage then look for zeds tutorial then that teaches you all the basics. If you can't find it on the first page then look on the second one.

StickDavyRobin
12-21-2009, 11:21 AM
If you go to piovt tutorials right here on stickpage then look for zeds tutorial then that teaches you all the basics. If you can't find it on the first page then look on the second one.
I already did that ghostly. I just read his easing tutorial and practiced it on pivot. I put the result on a new treath.

Zed
12-22-2009, 05:38 AM
I tried to straighten the leg a little bit more and this is the result.
But I think that the walk before was better.

I don't mean the leg on the floor - I mean the leg in the air. It needs to be straighter before it hits the floor (although it's about right as it's going past the other leg). I think you also need to push the leg on the ground back further before picking it up if that makes sense.

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I edited the walk

Yummerz
12-23-2009, 10:08 AM
well..........

im still learning the basics of pivoy.... i'd say i may be a tad better than you...
so i can give you a few pointers if you want?seeing you asked for it a page back.

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 10:17 AM
well..........

im still learning the basics of pivoy.... i'd say i may be a tad better than you...
so i can give you a few pointers if you want?seeing you asked for it a page back.
Srry but I didn't need your help. I only listen to poeple who already know the basics.:Dope:

Yummerz
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
when i meant still learning....the only thing i really need is um........

maybe psysics and foot placement....but i can DEFINITELY
Help with that walk.....

Topleggedskater
12-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Ugh... Now I have to repeat what I say on every forum T.T. Don't use tutorials and say they are your own animations. They only show you have the ability to copy someone. Compare what you are doing to the tutorial to see what you are doing wrong. Don't copy frame by frame. Also, the arms were too clenched and his legs are spread out too much. Work on it buddy ;)

Zed
12-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Ugh... Now I have to repeat what I say on every forum T.T. Don't use tutorials and say they are your own animations. They only show you have the ability to copy someone. Compare what you are doing to the tutorial to see what you are doing wrong. Don't copy frame by frame. Also, the arms were too clenched and his legs are spread out too much. Work on it buddy ;)

If he used my tutorial (which it looks like he did) then copying frame by frame isn't an issue because I didn't put a frame by frame up there. Nothing more than guidelines; and if he can make an animation with them then he's as good as able to animate it.

StickDavyRobin
12-24-2009, 04:39 AM
If he used my tutorial (which it looks like he did) then copying frame by frame isn't an issue because I didn't put a frame by frame up there. Nothing more than guidelines; and if he can make an animation with them then he's as good as able to animate it.
thanks ZEd I used your tutorial and the walking tutorials from other people and compared the guidelines.

Yummerz
12-24-2009, 07:47 AM
oh.....yeh i f0rg0tz0rz

before making a full walk across the screen walk...try making a looping animation.(it helps)