PDA

View Full Version : My first easing video

StickDavyRobin
12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I practiced on my easing and used a ball. Will u give me some advice pls?

this is a bouncing video

bubbles
12-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Both go way to fast.

Zed
12-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Mmm.

Top one needs a couple more frames of easing and either to slow down at the middle or to have a couple of ghosts.

Second one needs more time slow at the top of the bounce and bigger differences in the speed from start to finish.

It's good that you're starting off with stuff like this though.

StickDavyRobin
12-22-2009, 08:48 AM
I edited my bounce and my ease a little bit

Zed
12-22-2009, 08:59 AM
I'd thought I'd commented on these already somewhere, but if not, the bounce needs to hang in the air for a bit longer each time, and the easing one's not too bad.

Fries
12-22-2009, 09:35 AM
one the first one, its pretty good, the ball skips and i know its just the end and its repeating but its really disturbing lol(just dont even reply to that)
the second one needs some work...the ball needs to fall a bit slower...mehbee add a frame or two depending on the frame rate...on the first bounce it jumps way to high and skips...add a frame between the ball hitting the ground and the first bounce...on the bounce keep the ball in the air dont just automaticly make it go back down...and make the other bounces to the same thing just lower and lower each bounce...

StickDavyRobin
12-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I edited the bouncing video. Now I've let the bal ease after each bounce.

poppetje3D
12-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Much better !

Fries
12-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Im sorry if you are done with mah constant comments of improvement(i had to go through this to b4 mah groundsmash[located in signature]was perfect) but the bounces skip alittle...the first bounce is good, but the other bounces need some work...

Zed
12-22-2009, 11:26 AM
It's a great improvement. my only criticism would be that it looks like you're dividing your animation up into the easing part and the normal speed part. Really you should be easing all the way through. What you're doing is:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You want it to be more:

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 02:25 AM
It's a great improvement. my only criticism would be that it looks like you're dividing your animation up into the easing part and the normal speed part. Really you should be easing all the way through. What you're doing is:

You want it to be more:

I don't understand u. Can u explain it please?

Zed
12-23-2009, 05:37 AM
I'm saying you've got the small spacing at the start of the movement and you have the big spacing in the middle but you don't have any medium spacing between them.

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
ok thanks I got it.

Zero
12-23-2009, 06:32 AM
You improved in the bouncing part but the easing was a little weird.

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 06:47 AM
I edited my bounce a little bit with more easing

bubbles
12-23-2009, 06:54 AM
I edited my bounce a little bit with more easing
No that's not as good. It goes to slow now. I think you should look at a tutorial or something because it's good, but it's not perfect.

Zero
12-23-2009, 06:56 AM
Ehhh.

Stickdavyrobin maybe you should put a line so you would know where it would bounce and yeah ghostly is right you should increase the FPS.

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 06:58 AM
ok I will do that . I edited my easings I little bit more

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 07:00 AM
No that's not as good. It goes to slow now. I think you should look at a tutorial or something because it's good, but it's not perfect.
Is it good that I delete some frames? Or will the anim then be stupid?

Zero
12-23-2009, 07:09 AM
It improved but there is a slight error. You miss a frame. Why dont you look at it again. In the left side.

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 07:15 AM
It improved but there is a slight error. You miss a frame. Why dont you look at it again. In the left side.
I didn't miss a frame. It always stops and begins again. U must look at the ball and not at the anim endings

Zero
12-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Just look at it. Theres a missing frame where the ball in the end stops then goes back to the beggining. Why dont you add one frame there.

StickDavyRobin
12-23-2009, 09:57 AM
I edited the two and now I'm going to improve my walking video.

Fries
12-24-2009, 05:01 PM
ok i dont think he gets wat we are saying...if you dropped a ball with no force...just dropping it regularly, would it do that? thats wat i do when i want to animate but i do something wrong, just do it in real life(as best you can)the 2nd one is good but the bounce is still kinda weird....keep practicing and work on the bouncing one

Automaton
12-29-2009, 11:35 AM
IMO the third bouncing one you posted was fine if you were going for a heavy spaced style. But for grasping the basics, you need to get it a bit better.

1) When a ball's falling from that distance, keep increasing the velocity, don't let it go at the same speed (at that distance or less).
2) When it's on the way back up, you want something roughly like this (-s representing distance, and | to | representing a frame):
|------|----|--|-|
Maybe not exactly like that, but the proportion of each distance to the next is about right.