PDA

View Full Version : Training Area(James Moer)

New Generation
04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
This is my training area. I will post my latest practice shorts/action scripted tests here.

Training movements,punches,kicks,blast & particles:

http://antiup.net/view.php?id=38612633337training%201.swf

I haven't been really good at beam/blasts. Any of you know any good beam/blast tutorials?

Updated practice short 1:

http://antiup.net/view.php?id=71710893034training%201.swf
http://www.*************/open/1208358090

Okay, so I updated the short, I've done everything you guys said.
In my opinion I think the blast looks much better without the straight edges. What about you guys?

I just love my spin in the air :333

OverDose Presents 3D Logo:

http://www.antiup.net/view.php?id=458148038783-D%20overdose%20logo.swf
http://www.*************/open/1208358157

I need to seriously find some new sounds lol. Like when the logo appears, and when the needle hits the floor.

Realistic water effect:

http://www.*************/open/1208358001

*Fixed the water :D

3D Orb:

White background: http://www.*************/open/1208379694

Black background: http://www.*************/open/1208379797

Jousteh
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Wow, you have improved since you were banned.
Nice, I liked the animation.
Though the bg could be detailed and stuff.

Lixu
04-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Ki-Beam sound was a bit too early but it was nice :) Nice style

Ssjbryando
04-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I see your effects are stil kinda the same =p it was better, but I didn't like it, you filtered it to much. The bg could have more Details, and the crack in the ground didn't look to good, a good tip is. To like make one frame black, before he shoots the beam, black with a white Beam kinda in it, if you know what I mean.

It boosts the effect.

Lixu
04-14-2008, 12:34 PM
And he should load the blast first with a tiny ball so its easier to see.

Oh yes and try v-cam! It rocks!

New Generation
04-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys.

I already used the v-cam thought lol, didn't you notice?

SSJBryando can you explain more to what you said about my special effects and the hole? Maybe pm me, I didn't quite get it :/

Joust: Okay, I will make a better one in my next one.

Mesmay
04-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Youre getting there...
You've definately taken in what we said at last :D
But work on the beam, a powerful beam shouldnt take that long to reach the target, especially if the target it visible on the screen.
The red glow REALLY wasnt needed, it kinda puts an outline on the beam making it look really 2d and out of place. If I were you I wouldnt keep that glow in. The edges of the beam need to look a bit sharper, it makes it look more deadly if its fire, so zoom in when you draw it and try and think about what youre drawing before you do it.
The background was very... bright... it was ok but perhaps you should convert it to a movieclip, then tint it black just a bit until it looks more realistic.
Work on blood? Im not going to tell you how to improve on that
a) Because im not that great at blood myself
b) Its hard to explain for me

I like the combo at the start.

Ssjbryando
04-14-2008, 02:26 PM
About the hole, I just didn't liked how it looks, and the effect is good tho =P

I ment, that a frame before you shoot. make that frame, (in the white area where you animate) Black. so that you can't see your dude and stuff, and then put like a white Blast thing, for 1 frame, in the spot the blast goes. kinda =p Then it looks like a quick flash, and because of the white it looks good, and then you start the blast when its already expended instead of, extending it durring the movie.

But Nvm that =p since thats how I do it, but alot don't do it that way, but are still mega good =D so.

New Generation
04-14-2008, 02:34 PM
MESMAY: Yes thank you. In this animation I tried a new style of blood but it seems it isn't good enough. Should I make it more realistic or cartoony, it's hard to draw realistic blood lol. I will remove the glow. I'll tint the background too. Then I will post it :D

SJJBryando: Thanks a lot. Now I get it. *Slap himself* Why didn't I use that before?!

Omega
04-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, your particles have gotten better.
The stickfigure animation... not so much. It's pretty much the same. Bad use of the blur; don't blur the entire stickfigure. Instead, select a limb and convert it to a symbol. THEN blur it.
And work on background detail.

Let's hope you'll better than last time.

Your attitude, I mean.

Rather Cheesy
04-14-2008, 06:43 PM
The blood and the ground coming up after the beam were the worst parts. Work on blood, theres tons of ways to animate blood, you just haven't found which one works best for you yet. Also the purple guy is missing part of his outline in one of the early frames. The beam/fire thing looked OK, its good enough that it doesn't take much away from the animation. But not good enough that it looks bland. Maybe make it break up into more smaller particles.

You have dramatically improved in your animation skill since your ban. I hope you keep your cool or you'll probably end up getting banned again...

New Generation
04-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Can you PM me some good blood tutorials, I seem to be bad at blood lol. How was the ground bits coming out after the beam blast bad? explain more :S

Rather Cheesy
04-14-2008, 06:51 PM
They just didn't seem right to me, I dunno.

I honestly don't know any good blood tutorials, I usually check our tuts section then Google when I try to find tuts. Or I watch and study alot of animations that have what I'm after.

the afro ninja
04-14-2008, 07:25 PM
......skills, i love the style of stickmen, i shall steel dem

New Generation
04-14-2008, 07:59 PM
You steal, I crack your head open and burn your brains. JK ^^ just don't steal, people don't like it. Come up with your own style.

Apples
04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
I now respect you as an animator.
Its good to see you improve.
:]

New Generation
04-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Is this really coming from Apples? O.O!

rx00worth
04-15-2008, 02:34 AM
me likes, keep it up!

New Generation
04-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah. Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it.

BUMP. ANyone going to comment on my new tow flash animations that I've added?

Also I've continued making Elements of Fury :D

Schwa
04-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Just a little thing.

I think your logo may look better if you made the liquid in the needle actually animated.

Instead of just being there.

New Generation
04-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Okay. Maybe I will edit it. I don't know.

Mesmay
04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I love the blast so much more now.
I think that the blast is fine now so dont change it any further.

New Generation
04-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Sure will not change it lol.

Any more comments >3

Plz comment on the orb one :/

Mesmay
04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
The orb is ok, but get rid of the drop shadow.
Because it makes it look more like its 2d.
If you dont get why then look at it a lot. Lol.
Then ask me.

New Generation
04-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Ok I fixed the orb.

MORE COMMENTS NOW! >:O

I guess there's nothing left to comment on, I might make something else now. Another practice short maybe. I'm buys right now with the making of Elements of Fury. ^~^

Aycaramba
04-17-2008, 08:20 AM
I want to make a realistic water effect so bad.
Make a tutorial about that.

dawG
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Well, that was good, but just make more paticles one the beam/blast :D

Covalence
04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
The beam looked a bit weird, I thought it was a bit too slow in my opinion. But good shit man.

Mesmay
04-17-2008, 02:13 PM
You got rid of the wrong shadow ._.
I meant the black one which goes round the ouside of the orb, or the reflection.

New Generation
04-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Yep I did. Thanks for the advice :D

Raffi
04-18-2008, 11:20 AM
That was... good. The stickfigure animation isn't the best but it's definitely better than last time. The beam was good, and the 3D intro has good sounds in my opinion. The woosh needs a new sound though.