PDA

View Full Version : Myself plaguises the x-files theme :D

Myself
01-11-2010, 06:34 AM
So I remembered today that I have FL Studio, and I took 15 minutes out of my day to make this.

Doesn't get going until like 40 seconds in, so be patient.

afo;aldfnb

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=NjzVki

Myself
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
NOBODY LOOKS IN THIS SECTION >:Cz

Exile
01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh dear, those three synths clash pretty hard.. the tapeworm flute and pluck are more than enough, things get kinda hard to listen to after that string comes in

Also, stay away from syncopating the melody and using it as a bass, it makes the song sound awkward.

Other than that.. uh, is there any kind of musical passage in this entire song besides the 8 measure melody played by different sytrus synths? You used it as the bassline, you used about 7 or 8 different synths to play the same thing, and you added a kick and hi-hats that changed needlessly.. add some harmonies, a counterpoint bassline, some strings or a pad to play the chord progression, something other than the same melody for 4 minutes.

Little bits of the song might work but it's not a particularly interesting melody and hearing it over and over again with different synths, kicks and percussion just gets old after a while.

Myself
01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
YAY

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM

Oh dear, those three synths clash pretty hard.. the tapeworm flute and pluck are more than enough, things get kinda hard to listen to after that string comes in

ye, i realise this

Also, stay away from syncopating the melody and using it as a bass, it makes the song sound awkward.

i have no idea what syncopating means, but I'm guessing you're referring to the bass synth that's out of time. if so i agree.

Other than that.. uh, is there any kind of musical passage in this entire song besides the 8 measure melody played by different sytrus synths?

16, and no.

a counterpoint bassline
I'll google this, then take it on board

Little bits of the song might work but it's not a particularly interesting melody and hearing it over and over again with different synths, kicks and percussion just gets old after a while.

Ye.