PDA

View Full Version : Background [T4x4R_O*_Hawk2]

-Hawk-
04-15-2008, 02:21 AM
I have been trying for a whole year to make a decent background. Now, I think I finally made it ! I found a very useful tutorial on the internet. Helped me a lot, thanks Stone !

This is the background : http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backgroundtestafterstondd2.jpg

Any good ? Be honest, but not rude.

rx00worth
04-15-2008, 02:26 AM
i really like it, but the rock looks blured...

is it?

-Hawk-
04-15-2008, 02:37 AM
I used bevel.

WOW SOMEBODY SAID MY BG IS GOOD OMG. Now with this tut it's sumthin' else... :Happy:

Edit : Erm... more comments please ?

Ssjbryando
04-15-2008, 05:24 AM
To be honest its not very good, since its the exact same bg as stone's background. From the tutorial, so all you had to do is just do what he says, and your Bg would look exactly like his, but It doesn't. You can see some things, but the stone doesn't look to good, its looks blurred, I know its not.

And I don't really like the color, of the grass.

sorry if it sounded harse or something =p but Yeah, its ok. But since the background already exists, its not really yours, you just did what he said. =]

-Hawk-
04-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Well umm... yea XD but there is a beginning for everything. I proved I could draw a background then, not actually create it lawl but know I got the technique and I'll make my own backgrounds. :Smile:

Ssjbryando
04-15-2008, 05:35 AM
Well umm... yea XD but there is a beginning for everything. I proved I could draw a background then, not actually create it lawl but know I got the technique and I'll make my own backgrounds. :Smile:

Good! =D I'm not the best in backgrounds either so T_T

Bonk
04-15-2008, 05:39 AM
My main beef is that is has no depth. It looks like a 2-D landscape, but then the rock is there and it throws it off.

The mountains are decent I suppose.

Miccool
04-15-2008, 08:41 AM
It was used from stone's tutorial, but that's alright.. The tutorial was meant to help everyone learn after all.

Umm.. Don't bevel the rock first of all, shade it with a brush or something. The two shades of green need to be closer as in one being green and the other being just a bit darker. Yours is one light and one dark. also try to use more dull shades of green. The light is too bright imo and the grass strokes are too thick. Try zooming in more when doing that.

Well there's my advice. Just keep practicing!
I was pretty bad at BG's too before. So yeah..

-Hawk-
04-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the advice. :Happy: