PDA

View Full Version : Skins

LakE
04-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure where this should've been posted, so if somebody wants to re-direct me, would be appreciated.

Anyway, I watched the season Finale of Skins last night, it's a breakthrough of a show, no doubt about that.
During the funeral of one of the characters, a speech was said which i found to be pretty amazing, here it is;

Captain Joe Cotinga. In 1960, climbing into a foil balloon, Captain Joe was sent 132 kilometers into the stratosphere and then, armed only with a parachute, he jumped out. He fell for four minutes thirty six seconds, reaching 714 miles per hour, before opening his parachute five kilometers above the earth. It had never been done before, and it's never been done since. He did it just because he could. Link to the actual thing. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=thtM5-yXQV4)

If some of you aren't familiar with the show, then you should search around for the episodes. 90% of you should know of it anyway.
It's a shame it's ended and a shame the next season is going to be utter bollucks.

Well,
/thread.

Raffi
04-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Whenever I watch a seires and it ends or becomes crap, I just switch o a better series.

It first happened when I used to watch the Naruto English dub (2 years ago i think), and the series was getting more retarded, with half of the story removed due to violence and stuff. Instead I watched the Jpanese version which was better. But now I'm not too bothered with the Naruto series 'nemoar.

Gray
04-15-2008, 10:27 AM
THAR IS A FORUM FOR THIS LoLOLO

2-D
04-15-2008, 10:28 AM
looks pretty laaaaaaaaaaame

fitzy
04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure where this should've been posted, so if somebody wants to re-direct me, would be appreciated.

Anyway, I watched the season Finale of Skins last night, it's a breakthrough of a show, no doubt about that.
During the funeral of one of the characters, a speech was said which i found to be pretty amazing, here it is;

Link to the actual thing. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=thtM5-yXQV4)

If some of you aren't familiar with the show, then you should search around for the episodes. 90% of you should know of it anyway.
It's a shame it's ended and a shame the next season is going to be utter bollucks.

Well,
/thread.

since skins is an english programme, most of the people here will actually have no idea what it is. so 90% of the forum will not know it.

Chimaera
04-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Skins is awesome, I had my hair cut like Maxxie for a dare.

I reckon Season 3'll be good.

Jeremy
04-15-2008, 11:34 AM
since skins is an english programme, most of the people here will actually have no idea what it is. so 90% of the forum will not know it.

Its popular world wide, actually.

LakE
04-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes, there is a forum for it. I'm aware. Although it's a gay forum.

I know people living in Canada who have watches episodes of this. Just because it's English doesn't mean it doesn't exist in other countries.

Season 3 will be fail, IMO. New cast? I reckon they should do a sort of spin-off. Showing their lifes, and that shit. Would work way better, if you ask me.
I was originally posting this thread to find out what you think season 3 was like, but i got dragged off to go finish my coursework so i left it short. Sorry.

2-D. It's a class-A show. Sex. Drugs. Death. What more could you want?

Chimaera
04-15-2008, 12:21 PM
I reckon Tony shouldve been a more central character.

Cassie was a shit character. RIP...

LakE
04-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah, he should've. Chris was the best character if you ask me.

Couldn't agree more. Cassie had shit parts throughout the series.

fitzy
04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Its popular world wide, actually.

meh, i didnt know, i dont watch it but sorry anyway. i didnt even know if it had started in america or anything yet so thats one of the reasons i said it.

but like i said ive not watched it

LakE
04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
meh, i didnt know, i dont watch it but sorry anyway. i didnt even know if it had started in america or anything yet so thats one of the reasons i said it.

but like i said ive not watched it

You're from England, but haven't watches Skins?

EVER?!

Whoa..
Just, whoa.

Storm1
04-15-2008, 07:14 PM
i love skins
but season three is gonna suck

Dragonkof
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
never heard of it.

lul.

the priest is one of the psychos in 'The Bill'