PDA

View Full Version : How smooth is this short fight clip?

fish
01-15-2010, 11:56 PM
http://filebox.me/view/ppp3j2pv0

^ ^ ^ ^
i use filebox but im not sure if this works. pls tell me if it doesnt and ill be happy to try again.

im trying to work on the fluency of my sticks so pls leave any tips you can and tell me if you like it :)

also, im having trouble sticking with a way of doing my animations. i dont know wether to use brush or pencil or what size or how much zoom and all that jazz. i know it prolly just a preferance but the good animaters have there ways of doing things and i was wondering if sum1 can give me sum direction on how to go about drawing my sticks.

TY SO MUCH XD

Bonk
01-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Not that bad, it is pretty choppy though. Try upping the framerate to something like 18 and then making twice as many frames for the same amount of action.

FoShizzle
01-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Filebox is the best uploading site. you shouldn't worry about that.
As Bonk said, you should up the framerate because right now it looks choppy rather than smooth.

zer0gravity
01-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Filebox is the best uploading site. you shouldn't worry about that.
As Bonk said, you should up the framerate because right now it looks choppy rather than smooth.

nuff said ^_^ .

fish
01-16-2010, 02:24 AM
k so the more frames and higher the frame rate the more slick it will look?
ty im gonna edit it tomorrow then ill post again XD

Scarecrow
01-16-2010, 05:42 AM
That's pretty much how it works, just keep in mind that if you put too many frames at too low a framerate then your whole animation will become slow.

fish
01-16-2010, 06:19 PM
http://filebox.me/view/nvg8cjxex

18 fps
pencil - size 8
zoom 400

i know the arms arent good. I was mainly focusing on the leg physics.
so is this an improvement???? :D

Scarecrow
01-16-2010, 08:06 PM
it is quite smooth, but the movements are odd. it looks more like he's stomping on the ground than walking calmly. do you see what i mean?

Arch-Angel
01-16-2010, 08:26 PM
it is quite smooth, but the movements are odd. it looks more like he's stomping on the ground than walking calmly. do you see what i mean?

I disagree.
It didn't look that smooth. Try easing out a bit more, about one or two more frames.

You also need to work on your movements a bit more.

Scarecrow
01-16-2010, 08:42 PM
i dunno, it flows pretty nicely. the bouncing around of the upper half might be making it look choppy. zoom in on just the legs, they look pretty good

Arch-Angel
01-16-2010, 08:48 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/934699

This is a decent example.

the first set of "arms" with onion skin on the left resembles what your animation looks like. The two on the right look better, it all depends on your preference of style. I would defiantly add more frames if I were you.

As for your walk, the two upper bodies on the right show where your arms are on your walk, and where they should be. You're throwing the arms out like the person is trying to walk slowly and of some wierd fashion. It doesn't look normal because most people walk with their arms and legs barely extending unless they're speed walking or something. Another note, the head should always bob, on the step, it should be in the air, as he's landing (Getting ready to step) his head should go down.

An easy way to do that is to draw the figure, then on another guide layer, draw a red line that is going horizontally across the top of his head. When you first start animating the character, that will put him into the step, so the head should go above the line. When he lands his back foot (the one that bends) it will extend and bend once it takes the weight of the body, which is why the head will go under the line once he finishes a step and begins a new one.

Scarecrow
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
not sure if it's just me arch, but that doesn't seem to be an animated flash file

Arch-Angel
01-16-2010, 08:59 PM
That's because it isn't an animated flash file, my good sir.

lol just kidding. You have to click it.

LN3uq
01-16-2010, 09:17 PM
clicking on this all day every day and nothing happens, archangel

your character looks (to me) like he's walking around like a toddler, and hasn't mastered the fine art of barely picking up your feet. If you watch yourself walk or watch somebody else doing it, you might notice that there's actually not a whole lot of up and down movement. That's why you might scuff the heels of your shoes and wear them down over time, since you don't pick them up very high

also it doesn't really look like his arms cross his body at any point, which, well... this should be pretty obvious, but they're supposed to.

fish
01-17-2010, 06:45 AM
yea arms have been my kyptonite. lol
ok well thnx for the help ill be posting more soon :)

Arch-Angel
01-17-2010, 10:42 AM
clicking on this all day every day and nothing happens, archangel

your character looks (to me) like he's walking around like a toddler, and hasn't mastered the fine art of barely picking up your feet. If you watch yourself walk or watch somebody else doing it, you might notice that there's actually not a whole lot of up and down movement. That's why you might scuff the heels of your shoes and wear them down over time, since you don't pick them up very high

also it doesn't really look like his arms cross his body at any point, which, well... this should be pretty obvious, but they're supposed to.

Well ya see. I was kidding when I said you have to click it.
:p