PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 animations programs.

Pkkaster
04-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, I was curious to know if anyone knows what the currect top three animation programs are.

Thanks for the help guys!

Gavel
04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
The only 3 anyone here uses are Flash, Easytoon, and Pivot.

Just try them all out and see what works best for you.

Vervanda
04-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Butt the top ones are like

______
______
______

Index
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
The most popular, or the best quality?

2-D
04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
flash, easytoon, n/a

Fringo
04-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Flash, Easytoon, ToonBoom

Pivot sucks.

FIX'D OK

Pkkaster
04-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Proffesional, but I would assume those are the only ones.

Sparco
04-16-2008, 06:53 AM
maya,3dsmax, idk :D

Raffi
04-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Flash
------
EasyToon
------
N/A
------

Covalence
04-16-2008, 09:02 AM
professionally, i'd have to say flash, toonboom, and easytoon.

to my personal preference, i'd use flash, easytoon, ________.

Kitsune
04-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Flash is one of the best programs. No question. It adds sound, has a top-notch everything, and has a great quality vector. You can imput tools and upgrades to make it even better too.
Easytoon is perfect for making simple black and white cartoons with no sound. Great for practice, and if you're creative, can go beyond what most flashers can do.
Toonboom is great for making cartoons. That's really all unless you want to spend a year learning the program. It's a complicated one.

Maya is the best for 3d no question. Pixar and South Park uses this program, and look at what they do!

Blender is a free 3d program that's complicated, but really gets the job done.

Apparently, the people who put n/a don't know the programs outside this forum. You replace Pivot with N/a because it's not that great, but you forget what else is out there apparently.

Pivot sucks, I agree. But unlike Easytoon it has color, a timeline, and sprites in the buggy 3rd version. It can be useful if you want to focus on motions and physics for your practice.

Sparco, 3d does not equal good. Flash can be 3d, and it's much easier to use.

I'm not listing a top 3 because it's an opinion-based judgment. Try them out.

My personal favorites are:
Flash- I know this program inside and out, so I use it.
Blender- Took me two months to learn the extremely simple basics, but it makes really good quality 3d.
Easytoon- Took me a day to learn, but it's a bit too simple with no timeline in sight last time I used it. It's a quality 2d program that should be used more by people with no money and can't pirate for some reason instead of pivot.

New Generation
04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Flash is the most used animation program I think :D

I always use Flash and other extension tools to it.(plug-ins)

Easytoon is okay. Not much choices than in flash but it's a good program to animate.

I agree, pivot sucks ass. But some can use it wisely.

Maya is easy? How easy?

Got a link?

Kitsune
04-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Flash is the most used animation program I think :D

I always use Flash and other extension tools to it.(plug-ins)

Easytoon is okay. Not much choices than in flash but it's a good program to animate.

I agree, pivot sucks ass. But some can use it wisely.

Maya is easy? How easy?

Got a link?

Costs a lot. Definitely not easy.

New Generation
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Easier than Blender?

And cost is no problem to me, if you know what I'm talking about *wink*

Kitsune
04-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Easier than Blender?

And cost is no problem to me, if you know what I'm talking about *wink*

Blender is possible to learn. I don't have experience with maya. I've only seen its outcomes in pixar and south park. Blender takes a while to learn and is fairly hard. I'm sure maya is a pain in the hole too.

www.blender.org

Look hither.

Google maya and test it out too.

Rather Cheesy
04-16-2008, 01:43 PM
anti-ninja?

Flash is probably the top pick for 2D animations. Some movies and tv shows were made in it. It takes a while to get it down good, but its not confusing enough to utterly confuse you as soon as you open it.

Easytoon isn't honestly that great a program for animating professionally. I've seen some awesome stuff done in it, but its not a very professional program. If you want the top animator programs this doesn't fit it, but it is still a good program

Pivot is just god awful, the ONLY thing I would ecver use it for would be if I needed to work on my physics and movements only. It does 90% of the work for you, and comes out looking like shit. I only know 1-2 pivot animators who I would consider actual animators. not in the top 3.

Toonboom is another professional program, I've never used it but I know alot of the Disney movies and stuff were done in it. From what I hear its alot like flash I would give this 2nd in animator programs.

I imagine maya or blender would get 3rd, but I haven't heard anything about them outside this thread...

Honestly I think its just a matter of preference, Pivfags would probably call pivot the number one animating program, although I call it the worst.

New Generation
04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Cool. Thanks .

Kitsune
04-16-2008, 01:49 PM
anti-ninja?

Flash is probably the top pick for 2D animations. Some movies and tv shows were made in it. It takes a while to get it down good, but its not confusing enough to utterly confuse you as soon as you open it.

Easytoon isn't honestly that great a program for animating professionally. I've seen some awesome stuff done in it, but its not a very professional program. If you want the top animator programs this doesn't fit it, but it is still a good program

Pivot is just god awful, the ONLY thing I would ecver use it for would be if I needed to work on my physics and movements only. It does 90% of the work for you, and comes out looking like shit. I only know 1-2 pivot animators who I would consider actual animators. not in the top 3.

Toonboom is another professional program, I've never used it but I know alot of the Disney movies and stuff were done in it. From what I hear its alot like flash I would give this 2nd in animator programs.

I imagine maya or blender would get 3rd, but I haven't heard anything about them outside this thread...

Honestly I think its just a matter of preference, Pivfags would probably call pivot the number one animating program, although I call it the worst.
LOL WTF I THOT U WUR COOL 'ND LEIKED PIVUT!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

U SRSLY DUN GET Y PIVUT IS SOOOOOOOO GUD.

REESUN 1: STIKFIGURS ARE AWESUM
rEASUN 3: ITS CLEVUR!!!!!
RESON 3: U CAN MAEK UR OWN STIX!!!!

HOW DAR U!!!!!

lol

I might try maya just to see what's up with it. 3d is all on Modeling the things around, so Frame BY Frame (FBF) animation is difficult.

Lightwave has also made some good animations. I had trouble beating one done in lightwave at the computer fair I won first in.