PDA

View Full Version : Clip Perks

Apples
01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
My laptop with Clip got destroyed, so all old gameplay, screenshots, etc, do not exist within Clip anymore.
I got myself a new computer, and I decided to restart, and I am now in the process of remaking Clip.
So far, what Im showing you is just concept stuff, I thought Id share it to see what you all think and what I should change based on what Im showing.

http://filebox.me/view/71peuhvgg

Vile.
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
YOU ****ING SUCK AND I LOVE YOU

Sup buddy, it looks nice and i told you what i think on msn.

Apples
01-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Love you too <3

poppetje3D
01-22-2010, 12:35 PM
woohoo !

supranova
01-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Thats brutal how you lost all that work, by the sounds of things it was somewhat nearing completion, judging by the screens of an online beta and all.

oh well, to look on the bright side, maybe this way you can improve upon any concepts you had done earlier, though its still unfortunate :/.

The perk concepts look good.

Aycaramba
01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Shit, that sucks. But if you've uploaded the game somewhere you can just use a swf catcher to save it to your HDD, and use a decompiler to convert it to a .fla again. Or just decomlipe it if you already have the .swf.

Apples
01-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Shit, that sucks. But if you've uploaded the game somewhere you can just use a swf catcher to save it to your HDD, and use a decompiler to convert it to a .fla again. Or just decomlipe it if you already have the .swf.

Nawwh man, never uploaded it, and even if I did, most decompilers are shit.
But this way, I can restart from scratch, and maybe make an even better game than it was before.
So far, I've changed up the art direction quite a bit, where I'm giving it a more cartoony look.
I'm just hoping that it will take a shorter period of time to make, because I was working on Clip for over a year, and now its completely gone.

Aycaramba
01-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Sothink SWF Decompiler is quite good acctually. You've mentioned that there were some beta testers, maybe they still have the .swf. I get that you want to restart from scratch, but this way you can get all of the code back.

Fries
01-23-2010, 11:48 AM
awesome man ^^

Apples
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Sothink SWF Decompiler is quite good acctually. You've mentioned that there were some beta testers, maybe they still have the .swf. I get that you want to restart from scratch, but this way you can get all of the code back.

I made them delete it when they finished testing for a day, to prevent the file from spreading around.
Unfortunately, I can't get it back.