PDA

View Full Version : Importing to Flash

Zed
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Yes, I'm cheating by trying to import a pivot animation and tracing over it. No, I didn't have time to do it the proper way because I'm going too fast and don't have the experience to prevent resizing.

Now then, I have a pivot file saved as separate .bmp's 000 - 115. When I try to import it into flash (file -> import -> import to stage -> select .bmp 000 -> [would you like to import all the images in sequence] -> yes) only the first 96 images appear, as follows:

Frame 93:
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx353/Zed31415/Flashscreenie1.jpg

Frame 100:
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx353/Zed31415/Flashscreenie2.jpg

All the layers below that extend as far as those ones you can see on the left so there's nothing covering it.

I have tried deleting the first ninety six frames and then importing again on a separate layer. I have tried closing and restarting flash and importing again. I have tried imagining the frames exist and putting a vcam over them to see if it shows up when you view the movie which it doesn't. I have tried re-saving the pivot file as .bmp's.

What am I doing wrong here?

If it matters, I'm using CS3, AS2. There are exactly 50 layers, and the problem is occurring on the 895th frame out of 922. I have added no scripting myself, but there are four tweened items including one vcam.

It would really help if I could get an answer quickly, since I wanted this finished tonight.

Schwa
01-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Have you tried exporting the Pivot Animation as an animated gif and then importing it into flash?

It will import as a series of images in a layer.

Maybe the names get messed up at a certain point?

Open a new scene after put all of the unimported frames in a new folder, import from that folder into the new scene.

Zed
01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
They're in their own folder already, but I haven't tried different scenes yet. Animated .gif would lose some of the quality of the background, but since I was planning on tracing anyway I could do the background separately. I'll make that plan B.

Zed
01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Now importing to stage is importing to library. That cannot be a good sign.

Edit: and the animated .gif bombed out at frame 51. My beautiful software is dying...

Scarecrow
01-29-2010, 08:37 PM
why don't you just import again and this time select bmps 97 - 115?

Cronos
01-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Just keep trying all the different shit. Export as jps/gifs/bmps. Then try exporting as moving gifs. Should work eventually.

Zed
01-30-2010, 07:23 AM
why don't you just import again and this time select bmps 97 - 115?

Tried it. None of them appeared.

Just keep trying all the different shit. Export as jps/gifs/bmps. Then try exporting as moving gifs. Should work eventually.

As in, keep on going at it again and again until flash admits that it's the one making the mistake and lets me do it just to get me to stop? I could try.

Cronos
01-30-2010, 07:28 AM
That you should. Just tell me what to do and ill do it for you.

Tawnik
01-30-2010, 07:56 AM
If there is an option how to call that BMPs. then call the first one "1" so when its out its a file "1.1.bmp" the second one should be "1.2.bmp"
Or, try to open new Flash document and import all of those images there, if you can see all of your pictures then export the .swf and then import it to your scene.
Or, send me the .gif animation of your project and I will try to do that on my own, to see if its you doing something wrong, or the animation thats wicked.

Edit, or, could you send me the whole Flash .fla ? Then I can see if there is anything wrong with it, or if the problem is somewhere else..

Zed
01-30-2010, 08:51 AM
I'll send both of you the .fla and .piv files so you can have a look.

Edit: the .fla file is 70mb and is only uploading at 32kb per second so this could take a while.

Cronos
01-30-2010, 09:03 AM
k well im logging off and wont be on till tomoz so i probly wont be any help.

Zed
01-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Sent it just before reading this. Oh well.

Edit update: just tried importing to flash on a different computer. Same problem. Ergo it's more probably the pivot file or bmp that is the problem.

Zed
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Bumped because the problem persists. Anyone?

Gyohdonz
02-01-2010, 12:15 PM
How about threatening your computer until it co÷perates?

Zed
02-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I win. I'll post the solution on the basis that the problem may occur for someone else.

I got another computer on the same network as the first, installed pivot, installed flash, opened the pivot file on this second computer, saved the file to this computer in a new file as .bmp, imported into a new flash file on second computer, saved this file to the second computer (just to be safe), saved the file to the network, opened both the flash file I wanted the pivot in and the new flash file on the first computer, and copied the frames across into a new layer.

Still have no clue why it refused to go for me the proper way.

Edit: Not enough Virtual Memory. That was the ****ing problem. Had to allocate more memory to it.