PDA

View Full Version : Full figure full color!

sunnygo
01-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi people, It's almost time to become a real animator for me :D

So here's an animation with full color, background and full figure!

Give me your opinions!

Youtube:

Watch post BELOW~!

sunnygo
01-29-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJN8UBBECno

This is the youtube site >.<

Zed
01-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Your links are broken.

sunnygo
01-29-2010, 03:47 PM
I clicked that link and it works...!

But to be sure, here's another one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJN8UBBECno

AsSeenOnTV
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
You seriously made this?

sunnygo
01-29-2010, 06:00 PM
You seriously made this?

Yeah I did :) It is a lot of work though. 4 days at most :Bricked:

Sunder Grubs
01-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Did you REALLY make this?

Arch-Angel
01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
WEll think about it this way. All he needed was someone to make the background for him, unless he's really good at toonboom or photoshop.

I could have animateed the character :/
that wasn't that impressive.

Scarecrow
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Great colours, great shading, great animation in general... my only problem is with the water ripples. Otherwise it's fantastic, probably the best thing I have ever seen posted here.

AA, I don't like to have to be the one to say it, but go deflate your ego a bit. You've never produced anything even close to this. Sprite animation is hardly comparable to animating an entire sequence like this in blankframed fullbody, let alone in just four days.

Arch-Angel
01-29-2010, 11:14 PM
WEll Mr. guy, lol.

The only thing I really like about it was the background and the fact that the character went well with the background.

The reason I'm not that impressed is because all it is is a character coming out of the ground and taking a step or two. Anyone that can redraw could probably do that. However, the shading on the leaves was nice. Most people wouldn't have thought about doing that.

My only problem was that it wasn't that long.
I think I could make something like this if I could stop being lazee lol.
It's just an opinion, no need to start swingin :P

Scarecrow
01-30-2010, 12:51 AM
what i mean is that you seem to have missed completely how much time and effort it takes to make one frame transition as smoothly to another as this. when you're doing a slow sequence like this one, resizing, wobbling, and poorly done movements suddenly become really obvious

...however, there is none of that here :l

anyway i'm just sayin', don't go telling everyone how great you are compared to someone else until you've posted something just as great or greater than what you're criticising

Arch-Angel
01-30-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm about to go make an animation because of you lol.
I haven't done anything full body in about 3 months :/ Since November.

Airec
01-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Cool stuff. The background on this looked really nice. There was one section, the ridge on the left side that looked like it should have been a little bigger. It seemed like it was just as deep as the ridge on the left side with the tree but it felt smaller and less detailed...so think about perspective a little basically. But overall it was really cool. As far as the animation goes I thought the beginning where the mandragora comes out of the ground one hand at a time looked really good. The limbs seemed a little garbled when it was moving into the pose where it starts pushing to the left, so maybe just lock those down more. And I'd think about creating more appealing poses for the creature too. At the end, for example, it's just sort of standing there facing flatly towards the camera. A pose more descriptive of how the character's feeling would tell us a lot more and probably be more appealing too.

FoShizzle
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Excuses. I've heard them all and laziness if by far the most pathetic.

. .

Miccool
01-30-2010, 03:41 PM
I really like it. You have great talent in both art and animation.

Invert
01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Nice job over all I liked how I could tell she had to use force to pull her root hands out of the ground but when she steps out of the ground her foot steps out then comes back way too fast, nice over all anyways.

Arch-Angel
01-30-2010, 06:12 PM
. Originally Posted by Arch-Angel http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1647150#post1647150)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-Angel http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1646176#post1646176)
Excuses. I've heard them all and laziness if by far the most pathetic.

I hope that wasn't some attempt to show that I would contradict myself.
I didn't say anything about not making an animation in 3 months because I was being lazy. 3+ months ago I was working on my Game, Pressure Point, then my computer took a shit in November. ****, that's almost 3 months ago, just like in my earlier post. What the ****? I defiantly haven't made a full body animation in the past 3 months due to laziness, not because my computer took a shit. Way to go. You can read my like a ****ing book.

sunnygo
01-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks people :) Yes I know it has flaws. I really want to improve them but you see I had a deadline for this and so I have to leave it like this :S Because I'm going to have to put it in a demoreel and start searching for a job soon :P

It's funny that all of you notice that halwayf the animation got sloppier, that is because I skipped a lot of frames in order to get it done for my presentation... And you know what sucks? My teacher was sick that day so all my work for NOTHING!!! ...ah the sleepless nights T_T

sunnygo
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Well I really made this (background and all), It's pretty harsh to get no credit for your own work. But I understand your point of view though. It's very difficult to prove myself on the internet, and making another one like this is going to require a lot of motivation and time... perhaps in my next vacation then...

But then again, I really don't have to prove myself here, because it's only really important to me and my future.

@ arch angel, you're somewhat right. But the animation was a lot of work, and it's never easy to just draw frames identical to the previous ones, that's timeconsuming hehe. But Originally she was supposed to stand, that was all it was supposed to do, I just added the rest otherwise it would be boring. arch-angel, looking forward to your stuff then :)

@airec, I like the comment you gave me, you gave me something to work for :) The final pose? yeah, I was out of ideas and time... bad excuse but next time will be better I hope :)

Yummerz
02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY38seQseXQ

Holy cow!

no offence arch angel but take a look at some of his other stuff......

i think its safe to say....HE IS AMAZING!

doc
02-02-2010, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY38seQseXQ

Holy cow!

no offence arch angel but take a look at some of his other stuff......

i think its safe to say....HE IS AMAZING!

haha that really wasnt all that amazing. I mean, it was really good, but the low fps really hurts it, imo.

But for the animation at hand, that was spectacular. A few minor flaws there, but the artwork and the movements of it were really good. And i noticed the skip of a few frames, but that's about it. People here are giving you a hard time because you are new to the forums. Honestly, when i came and saw someone with 78 posts or whatever, i expected some wobbly piece of stick-crap. But that was really good. Most people join the online fluidanims/stickpage/whatever else community by the time they get this good.

And i dont think i can remember the last time AA gave a good review, lol. Not to flame him or anything, but hes a critic.

Arch-Angel
02-02-2010, 05:20 PM
The fact that I cannot "give a good review" is that nothing is going to be 100% perfect. There is always room for improvement. Which is why I hate beginners threads. 10 noobs will call another noobs animation jesus, and when someone tries to be honest, their opinion is immediately shot down because it's different. Therefore the person who made the animation continues to make the same shit until he/she makes a thread and realizes who is right.

Dfr guy, I've seen his other animations. Calm down.
Nothing too special about any of them. Sure there are many good points about them, but they also have areas that don't hold up to the same consistent quality.

Airec
02-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Nah he's pretty much amazing. I'm really diggin that slowmo-snappy, anime-feeling timing. Looking forward to more of this :]

sunnygo
02-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for looking at my other work :P I didn't inbetween that fighting animation because It was for myself. I focused more on the poses.

And that's why I always do battle animations like this, but if I were to make it for someone or some company, I would make fully inbetweened and colored and shaded stuff. That would take a lot more time offcourse ^^;

@ arch-angel that's a good attitude I think. Always looking critical at work. Good way to improve.

doc
02-03-2010, 02:34 PM
so were gonna see more of your stuff in the future, right? You are one of the few people here who could bring something different and actually worth watching, for entertaiment instead of just CCing.

sunnygo
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
so were gonna see more of your stuff in the future, right? You are one of the few people here who could bring something different and actually worth watching, for entertaiment instead of just CCing.

I'll try, the school I attend stimulates ideas that are out of the ordinary. And I love battles next to that :)