PDA

View Full Version : Pivot request/help/thing

John4
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey.
I posted something lime this before, that was a request/help thread (i'm not sure what to call it). I posted it in the General Help place, because I didn't know where it should go, but they told me to post it here next time I have a problem like this.
I'm trying to make a game (please, dont ask any questions about the game. Last time I mentioned it, everybody started to ask stuff about it, and it started some flaming. Besides, this is a Pivot discussion) that involves Stick figures fighting. I'm using pivot to animate the Stick Figures, and I'm having trouble. You know in a game like, in a fight scene, the character is in his/her fight stance, and is kinda bouncing his/her knees, or moving his/her arms around? I want to do something like that, but it' a little hard. Whenever I try, it comes out as if the Stickfigure has a bad case of the wiggles. http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/Kenth7/poo.gif 0-0
Vera horrible. I'd like some, either advice, or just an animation that I can use. I have tried seriously 12 times, all coming out not what I want. I dont want it to use more then 11 frames, either. How can I do this? Is there a tutorial I should look at? Please help. And if this isn't where I should be posting this, please

joeyodaguy
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Slow it down, make him bend his knees and go up and down, and move his arms back and forwards a tiny bit in each frame. If you don't understand, just tell me which part. P.s- I know you said not to but what are you making the game on. If flash, why animate with pivot?

John4
04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Okay, thanks.
(I'm making the game with a program that probably a lot of people havent heard of. Adventure Maker. it uses frames, and I am setting a timer at 0.4 seconds for each movement as an animation. I'm not sure if thats confusing or not, but hey. I didnt wnat to talk about it.)

SRC
04-16-2008, 05:41 PM
lemme guess... ur using game maker amirite?

Covalence
04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
lemme guess... ur using game maker amirite?
read below

Okay, thanks.
(I'm making the game with a program that probably a lot of people havent heard of. Adventure Maker. it uses frames, and I am setting a timer at 0.4 seconds for each movement as an animation. I'm not sure if thats confusing or not, but hey. I didnt wnat to talk about it.)

'nuff said