PDA

View Full Version : Kicks

/base
02-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Heh, I couldn't even get to bed because of this idea. It gripped me, and filled me with energy. I had to make it, I had to make it good. And I had to post it. Now of course, it is 1:20 am, I can't fall asleep, and I have school tomorrow, D: . So, I really hope you enjoy this animation. Hm, then again, there always seems to be one night in the week I can't fall asleep, :P.
It's a good thing that tomorrow is Friday, because on Wednesdays and Fridays, the library has coffee and hot chocolate, yum. Thankfully, I am a library aid (thank you study hall first period, ^^.), so I get a cup free. Wow, I rambled on...anyway, enjoy the animation, :3.

Kicks (http://pivotup.com/files/536et9gk.gif)

And the end is a little messed up, I just can't seem to fix it...

rival2
02-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Try making one kick first. It helps in seeing how to put the footage right. The legs should go a bit higher, A little more rest can't hurt, and I suggest there is more follow through.

The first foot that comes down from the kick should be placed a little bit further, this is actually with every foot that comes down. You need to make a bigger place for the stick to walk on then yes, but now you tried to place three kicks in a way too small room.

I'd actually think that he's bumping his way through the kicks. He goes up and down to fast. He should go up high, one kick. go down. Go up high, second kick. go up high, third kick. Relaxed motion instead of haste. But that's my opinion.

zer0gravity
02-05-2010, 05:33 AM
well...... that sums it up pretty well..... do what he said

Gyohdonz
02-05-2010, 10:15 AM
well...... that sums it up pretty well..... do what he said

Next time, just don't even bother posting.

ROCKduhHOUSE
02-05-2010, 10:37 AM
to add to Rival, the arm placement looks odd. I'd fix that too. his back should bend when he kicks, you got that. also, your smoothness is like this:

|--|---------|---------|--|

I think it should be more like this:

|-|--|----|------|----|--|-|

There's also him barely leaving the ground, that looks a little odd. other than that, you're on the right track!

Zed
02-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Everything Rival said, plus:

You need a new stick with more back joints. That one was looking a bit stiff there.

Foot placement slid a little on the first landing.

I thought it wasn't bad though. Considering it was gone midnight, you did a reasonably good job.

Matty607
03-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Liked it but the back did seem a little stiff at the end