PDA

View Full Version : Norman, the knight.

Tawnik
02-07-2010, 06:36 AM
http://tawnik.xf.cz/normantheknight.mov

Started thinking about it 2 days ago, drew a few sketches and blocked in the main poses yesterday, finished it today, so far my personal best, yay.

FoShizzle
02-07-2010, 06:49 AM
That was sooooo cool, but It could use some work. It was just a bit stiff, and I didn't really like that slow-mo effect when he stabed the.. pole thing. And when he landed on the ground, the acceleration seemed unreal when he started walking. That might just be me though, besides that I really liked it.

Tawnik
02-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Thank you for the feedback, I had two maya files, one without the slow motion at the end and one with the slowmo, I just liked the slow motion version more so I was tweaking it.. I can still get back and work on the second one but well, I kinda like that, maybe I should edit the slow mo here so it looks more "cool" and more "fun".And hes supposed to be running after he lands, but since the landing wasnt perfect he has to help himself with the right arm, so he doesnt fall down..could you give me some ideas how to make that "okay-looking" ? :)

Zed
02-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Was there an issue with the colours flickering around, or was that just my computer? I think it's incredible.

Tawnik
02-07-2010, 09:25 AM
No colours flickering on my computer, check out the youtube version, with updates..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VszVqSzRRGc

also on my website, for BIGGG version :D

http://tawnik.xf.cz/normantheknight2.mov

sunnygo
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Wow that was cool! Did you rigged everything yourself? And I think the guy getting stabbed should react a little like he's in pain or something.

doc
02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
that was really good! Are you gonna keep going with this?

Devour
02-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Man, that makes me want to get Maya. It's great. Even though the recovery from the landing was awkward. Maybe having him do a forward roll once hit hits the ground to keep his momentum, could look much better?

Also, I'm probably going to find a copy of some 3D animator program somewhere and try getting into this. Think I could have a little bit of help getting started with the basics, once I do?

Zed
02-07-2010, 03:07 PM
I was thinking about looking at 3D too, but how much memory space does Maya take up? Flash is already pushing the limits of my ancient machine; I may have to delete stuff.

Tawnik
02-07-2010, 03:13 PM
sunnygo, no, the character is downloaded, but the awesome sword, bg and helmet are mine :3
doc, this is the end of the scene, I wont add anything new, I think, but I will tweak this :)
Devour, just to tell you, this took me a year to learn and Im still having nightmares every night :| 3d allows you to create stunning animations with cool effects and beautiful backgrounds, but its really easy to be disappointed
by the result of your weeks work, as for the start, you should really be interested, you should watch tutorials, you should do just basics, dont want to do the big things as I wanted, dont use characters, use basics, balls and boxes, cars ! are really good practice as well.Feel free to ask me whenever you need something, Im here to help you ;)

as for the landing, I know, I have to put some more weight to it and it will look better, its really hard for me to do such movements now, since Im not that experienced yet, but I wont redo the whole thing, replace it will roll or something, because that would be A LOT of extra work and I would probably have to redo the whole animation cause it would be really hard to connect the roll with the running and the stabbing.. but thanks for your opinion, I will work on that area.

Thanks for your time guys, I really appreciate your comments.

Devour
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Awesome.
I got 3D Canvas, and it's very interesting to me so far. I made myself a little figure (a square, pretty much) to work with, I'm not able to find out how to create more frames. lol. Halp? I've been figuring out everything else pretty well, though.

Also Zed, the mac version of Maya is 1 GB

Zed
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM
So assuming it's similar for PC, it'd single handedly take up about half of my computer if I didn't have anything else here to start with. Riiiiight. Ima need a new computer.

Devour
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
You should get 3D Canvas first. It's better for beginners and you can still animate with it. It's only 11 MB also.

Miccool
02-07-2010, 04:34 PM
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9994/animation4ym.gif

Upps
02-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Wait, you're using maya? I thought this is 3ds.
Well, this is really cool, very motivating indeed and shows alot of skills.
one thing that I think should be fixed is the axe when it falls on the ground. The blade has alot of mass, but the handle doesn't so, make sure it doesn't bounce and falls down fast blade first.

Vile.
02-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Where do you get your rigged models? i cant find any for 3ds :/ i liked the slow motion but i think the guy getting stabbed should jerk forwards abit more.

Ssjbryando
02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
So heres where you are Tawnik <3 rarely check flash section anymore since all good animators left :c

Doesnt really load here ;-; but that Bg thing looks good lol

Tawnik
02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Im going through the animation and Im polishing everything, once Im done I will upload it to my website and to youtube as well.

Yo Ssj, I uploaded something on youtube yesterday, with a lot of flaws etc, but you can check it out so you have an idea what are we talking about ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VszVqSzRRGc