PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Zombies With Guns

AsSeenOnTV
02-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Here are your zombies:
http://www.truploader.com/view/487532
http://www.truploader.com/view/609352 progress video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUr5DRXfjeE&fmt=18)
http://www.truploader.com/view/455714

Here they are in a game:
http://www.truploader.com/view/471736
(score problems)

I don't have a blog, so follow my progress and other things on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ASOT6

doc
02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
hm, ok, its good that you put multiple points to shoot them. You might want to work on the drawings of them though, they don't look very intimidating. And are you going to make them come at you?

FoShizzle
02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Lookin nice, but as Doc said.. might wanna fix up the graphics

Miccool
02-10-2010, 06:15 PM
oh nice. I like how they have a different way of dying depending where you shoot. I like

Tawnik
02-11-2010, 03:46 AM
oh nice. I like how they have a different way of dying depending where you shoot. I like

indeed it makes it a lot more realistic, I also like how you can shoot in the buttons and I have a question for you.Would it be possible to make some script to shoot in the walls, I mean, to damage the wall the place you shot at ? Here is my idea (Im not any good at script, more like I cant script)
Background is one object (background) and the cursor is the second object (cursor), if you press the mouse button then the cursor changes to another symbol (cursor_fire) and I know that there is a script called something like "hit test" or some cool future that will do something when two things collide (I guess you used it when scripting shooting the zombies in different parts of their boddies) and as soon as the script knows that cursor_fire collided background it will create a new symbol (bullet_impact) at the place where those two symbols collided.Its just an idea, but I dont know if its possible.

Btw, I really like your style of animation, you redraw a lot and that makes those zombies a lot more "alive" I feel their weight and I SEE that they're made of flesh, really good job.

The camera work should be better, go frame by frame, dont tween.. or if you have cs4 there is an option to do arc tweened, that adds it more beliveable feeling, I really really dig this idea, everything but the art is awesome, you should definitely practice drawing because you have HUGE potential in animating.

AsSeenOnTV
02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
indeed it makes it a lot more realistic, I also like how you can shoot in the buttons and I have a question for you.Would it be possible to make some script to shoot in the walls, I mean, to damage the wall the place you shot at ? Here is my idea (Im not any good at script, more like I cant script)
Background is one object (background) and the cursor is the second object (cursor), if you press the mouse button then the cursor changes to another symbol (cursor_fire) and I know that there is a script called something like "hit test" or some cool future that will do something when two things collide (I guess you used it when scripting shooting the zombies in different parts of their boddies) and as soon as the script knows that cursor_fire collided background it will create a new symbol (bullet_impact) at the place where those two symbols collided.Its just an idea, but I dont know if its possible.
I think you know more about this than I do. And you shot the buttons!

Btw, I really like your style of animation, you redraw a lot and that makes those zombies a lot more "alive" I feel their weight and I SEE that they're made of flesh, really good job.
Thank you for the appreciation! I work hard to keep the style going.
Would having the whole room redrawn be too much?

The camera work should be better, go frame by frame, dont tween.. or if you have cs4 there is an option to do arc tweened, that adds it more beliveable feeling, I really really dig this idea, everything but the art is awesome, you should definitely practice drawing because you have HUGE potential in animating.
I know the camera's bad. Fbf would be the best choice. More freedom anyway.

everything but the art is awesome

You might want to work on the drawings of them though, they don't look very intimidating. And are you going to make them come at you?

Lookin nice, but as Doc said.. might wanna fix up the graphics
I see you're all not fond the simple drawing. I'll make more zombie figures along with levels tomorrow. For now, sleep.

LIST OF OBJECTIVES
SCORE
-If anyone knows how to get a number (score) to go up every time a certain movie clip is played, (when the zombie headshot clip is played, add 10. Chest, add 5. ext.) please tell. I think it could work.
DETAILS
-The bullet hole idea Tawnik had is worth looking in to.
-Any awesome ideas you guys have wont hurt if you share them.

Devour
02-11-2010, 09:50 PM
How about making the zombie's arms and chest shootable also?
Everything's pretty awesome so far though.

Flood
02-11-2010, 10:07 PM
you should also try and make the gun recoil more the more you shoot it, because if not we can just click as fast as we can and kill all of them easily.

rival2
02-12-2010, 12:13 AM
I can't seem to get how a zombie gets sliced off at the foot by a GUN. Imo it should splatter, instead of slice.

Tawnik
02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Dont redraw the room, that would be silly, let static things static and dont move them ;)

I cant script anything, I just like thinking about it.. try to contact M1CKEY or Mesmay, Vile was also coding some games, I cant remember others right now but there a lot of good AS coders around here.

AsSeenOnTV
02-13-2010, 04:16 PM
New zombie. Face is the same.
http://www.truploader.com/view/609352
I recorded myself during the entire 2 hours I spent making it. I'll put up a progress video as soon as it's done saving.

I'll also be working on better camera angles and a LEVEL 2!

AsSeenOnTV
02-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Progress video's up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUr5DRXfjeE&fmt=18
Now you'll appreciate it.

Riazaki
02-13-2010, 05:37 PM
It's ok.But I like it.

Vorpal
02-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Lol, awesome man.

Scorpioxxx
02-13-2010, 06:21 PM
LIST OF OBJECTIVES
SCORE
-If anyone knows how to get a number (score) to go up every time a certain movie clip is played, (when the zombie headshot clip is played, add 10. Chest, add 5. ext.) please tell. I think it could work.
DETAILS
-The bullet hole idea Tawnik had is worth looking in to.
-Any awesome ideas you guys have wont hurt if you share them.

First, inspired me to make a small coding thing in AS3 to see if I can re-create my old shooter thing, something to do tomorrow.

Now, score, I'm assuming AS2:

In the frame add a variable "score" or whatever and make it equal 0.

Place dynamic text where you want your score to be shown and in the box labled var: or variable: place the name of the variable you made in the above step.

The at then end (or start) of the movieclip, and have the following added either within either:
'onClipEvent(enterFrame){}' if the frame is played once.

or

'onClipEvent(load){}' if it stopped on the frame you want the score to be added on.

"_root.score += AMOUNT YOU WANT TO ADD" is the code you put in the relevent place.

Note that it is the middle of the night, I'm not reverencing code or anything so there might be debugging required or unneeded code to remove.

Scarecrow
02-13-2010, 09:35 PM
SCORE

on main movie first frame:

_root.score = 0;

whenever you want the score to go up by however much (eg on a frame in a movie clip)

_root.score += 10;

and then select your text box and make it "dynamic" and give it the "variable" of _root.score

AsSeenOnTV
02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Now THIS is addictive.
http://www.truploader.com/view/574504
Can't get the score to work. I can get it to work with buttons, but not movie clips. Can I add a code to a regular FRAME to add points?

Zed
02-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Level two might be too easy. Level three took me about four gos. Great work. Can't help you with the scripting problems, unfortunately.

AsSeenOnTV
02-15-2010, 01:17 AM
A rather large update
http://www.truploader.com/view/586391
I made the music :3
As soon as I get the scoring going, the game's done!

zer0gravity
02-15-2010, 01:49 AM
holy shit!!! thats so awesome!!!!!!!

hope crazy jay will put it on stick page portal.

AsSeenOnTV
02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/471736
I NEED TO FIGURE OUT THIS SCORING
I added scoring thingys.
There's an intro-type screen.
I also made Zombie1's jacket the right color during the chestshot.

Wsheerio
02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
The title makes me think that you will be adding more guns, is this correct?

AsSeenOnTV
02-15-2010, 01:28 PM
The title makes me think that you will be adding more guns, is this correct?
Unless someone wants to script some automatics, no.

doc
02-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Hey, i can help you out with the score and the automatic guns if you want. I mean, i won't code it, but i can help you with the how to's.
Just pm me if you want help

Scarecrow
02-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Unless someone wants to script some automatics, no.

hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

AsSeenOnTV
02-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Scarecrow, you've helped me out before. PM'd.

If anyone's interested:
http://www.truploader.com/view/118130

First aimer, same.
Second aimer, shotgun.
Third aimer, automatic.

Knock yourself out.

ABOUT THE SCORE
I want to be able to put a code in a frame that changes the score whenever the frame is played, in a movie clip or somewhere else. That's all I need.

zer0gravity
02-15-2010, 09:33 PM
what he needs is like...

_root.onRelease(button instance){
_root.score.text += 5;
}

so that he can make the button release code for a button on a differant frame.

Vendetta
02-15-2010, 11:24 PM
why the **** would the feet score the lowest if they're the hardest to shoot?

I can't help you with the score situation, probably what zero said, it makes sense.

zer0gravity
02-15-2010, 11:39 PM

I can't help you with the score situation, probably what zero said, it makes sense.
that is a good point, but in shooting games, its quite often that the head scores the most.

if by "zero" you mean me, Thanks ^_^. That code wasn't correct... I was making an example to help a better coder(doc or scarecrow) understand what I meant.

Scarecrow
02-16-2010, 01:57 AM

because why the **** would you want to shoot a zombie in the foot

zer0gravity
02-16-2010, 02:03 AM
because why the **** would you want to shoot a zombie in the foot
hahaha...

but could you please awnser ASOT's problem?

trigering an on(release) for a button on a differant frame???

Scarecrow
02-16-2010, 02:29 AM
i already posted the answer 2 pages ago

zer0gravity
02-16-2010, 02:37 AM
would this work?

on(release){
_root.score.text += 5;
}

?

Scarecrow
02-16-2010, 02:50 AM
you need to change a variable that is linked to the text box,

not what the text box says

do you know what a variable is

zer0gravity
02-16-2010, 02:55 AM
no........ lol

I have to go now. ill be back tomoro.....

Scarecrow
02-16-2010, 03:18 AM
1. go and learn what a variable is
2. go and learn what the "variable" option for a text box is
3. read my post on page 2 again

zer0gravity
02-16-2010, 08:54 PM
ok. thanks for the advice.

I know how to add a scoring system/dynamic text.

EDIT: I read the explanation of variables but I can't find any link to a scoring button click method...

Tawnik
02-19-2010, 08:16 AM
The progress is really nice, I like where this is going, perhaps you could add there some other sound effects, I dont really like the shooting sound now.. sounds quite odd, I think you can find a better one ;) and maybe, you could use two or three, so its even more cool..

Devour
02-19-2010, 03:42 PM
By the way if you shoot the zombie with the brown trench coat in the arm, you hit him in the chest.

And if you dont shoot the zombie that comes into your elevator at level 5, nothing happens.

Paul B
02-23-2010, 12:02 AM
for such a simple and overused game system this is actually pretty fun.

zer0gravity
02-23-2010, 12:05 AM
What do you mean by "game system"?