PDA

View Full Version : wow its been like 2 years... here goes

mapex
02-11-2010, 08:42 PM
i was like mid-inter when i quit a really long time ago, and i finally made my first animation in years. here it is, pretty horrible, especially the last move, but whatever. i think rusty is the word? please dont flame

some of you may remember me, some of you may not.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1714/backflip.gif

Vorpal
02-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Naw dude, this section died down a long time ago so you won't get flamed. Nice to see someone who's been a member for a while. I doubt that you remember me though.

A shadow fart
02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I guess its okay

Fries
02-11-2010, 08:52 PM
well....
The flip was choppy and not very eased [oxymoron]. the handstand was not bad. the guy didnt take enough impact upon landing...I dont understand the head thing....thats all i really saw...

A shadow fart
02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey would you report on mine in the beginners section please.

mapex
02-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I guess its okay

Boy, you know it's comments like these that sure make me want to keep animating so I can get better and create good things for you to look at. A post like this is just a post count space filler. it doesnt matter how many posts you have, that doesn't earn you respect. It's about how thoughtful each post is, and how you help people by giving them criticism as to what they could do to become better.

A shadow fart
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Yah i know I was just telling you,I really don't care about post counts
really at all.

Zed
02-12-2010, 03:12 AM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1714/backflip.gif

Yeah, it doesn't look right, but it's kind of hard to pinpoint where you went wrong.

I think you needed to change the way he jumped. Instead of pushing off with both legs, from that position he really needed to hop off only the front one, and then drag that back leg behind him for a while. And he needed to go up, not forwards.

The positions during the backflip then needed to be more ... sort of ... traily? Like, the shape of his body was curved over to fit the path that it was travelling on.

I think the landing still needed a slight bend in the knee even though the momentum was carrying him into the next movement.

I'd say you need to bend the arms during the handstand too, just to absorb the impact of going into it. You could straighten them during the shaky bit.

The come-down from the handstand didn't look right. I'd have done a faster push off from the arms and done it with a little air time, and with more absorption of the impact at the other end.

It's showing a lot of rust, but I think you still remember what flow and physics and all that sort of stuff is. You'll just need a bit of practise and you'll have it again in no time.

Arch-Angel
02-12-2010, 03:19 AM
I seriously doubt that you were Mid inter :/
Maybe here, or Droidz or something.

I was High Inter on DD when I stopped pivoting, I'm about mid inter now but who gives a shit about pivot anymore? I've been using flash for the past 2 years it's seemed. You should change over to flash as well.

mapex
02-12-2010, 06:30 PM
im horrible at redrawing and im not about to drop 100 bucks on a tablet.

Tortuga
02-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Okay, i didn't like that backflip very much at all, he crouched down in a very wierd angle, and i don't think that he could have done any sort of backflip with that anticipation, i would try to get that fixed if you ever consider trying another one. when he was in the air he flipped kind of akwardly and i think i know why. I ran into the same problem attempting a backflip a while ago but it's hard to explain so i'll just show you.

1st Attempt: http://www.truploader.com/view/226430
Notice how the legs don't come in to his torso, that is the problem. Although i believe you could pull off a decent backflip keeping the legs out but i found it much more difficult

Fixed Attempt: http://www.truploader.com/view/038961
On this one, i pulled in the legs closer to the torso and i think it made it look much better but that is just a suggestion, it's your animation, so it's up to you.

I seriously doubt that you were Mid inter :/
Maybe here, or Droidz or something.
Well that was helpfull.

I was High Inter on DD when I stopped pivoting, I'm about mid inter now but who gives a shit about pivot anymore? I've been using flash for the past 2 years it's seemed. You should change over to flash as well.
Sure, let's go into the pivot section, brag about how good we are, comment on how shitty we think pivot is, and then say you should go use flash.

Posts like these are why i dislike you.

Gyohdonz
02-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Tortuga, shut up about Arch-Angel if you don't know shit about him.

mapex
02-13-2010, 01:15 PM

can't we all just get along?

thanks for the tips tortuga, very helpful.

Tortuga
02-13-2010, 01:44 PM

Why? he's an asshole.

poppetje3D
02-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Naaaah .
He's Different.

And you were not Internzorz.

Gyohdonz
02-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Why? he's an asshole.

He's not the bad type of asshole, like vincent. He's the type of guy that's been here long enough to not give a shit.

Because, why the shit would he? Why would we all give a shit? It's the damned internet.

So suck it up, fairyboy.

Tortuga
02-13-2010, 10:02 PM
No, he's the bad type of asshole.

I don't give a care whether he gives a shit or not, he's still an asshole.

Arch-Angel
02-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Well if he was intermediate and made this, why would I want to criticize it when he can apparently do better? If he managed to make mid intermediate then he should know how to improve his animations.

I would much rather come back knowing how good I was, but post a crappy animation over craving criticism from people that don't know what they're talking about.

Let's take your post for example. The guy bends his legs for the jump, but he doesn't bend them enough. There isn't enough anticipation for the movement he did. He should've fallen backwards and off the cliff instead of doing a backflip, but you wouldn't know something like that.

I'm the kind of asshole that goes out of my way to make visual examples of peoples problems so it's easier to understand, rather than letting them try to figure out what I said. I'm also the kind of asshole that pm's people to help explain shit into further detail that way we don't have a billion posts in a thread. And I'm also the kind of asshole that adds people on msn to help them out quicker and more efficiently than taking time to post on the forum.

Anywho, back to Mr guy Mapex dewd.
Your problem is that you're animating these weird as shit movements and stopping the animation for some reason. The whole pause/play effect isn't good at all. Don't use it, ever.

My particular style of easing consists of 1 frame of moving one or two pixels, then about 4-5 pixels, and after that there will be a gradual increase of pixels for about 3 or 4 frames. It doesn't take 6 frames to ease into a movement, humans don't move that slowly. The only time you want to use a lot of easing (5-12 frames) is when easing out into a movement that requires a lot of anticipation. Such as a run going to a crouch which will turn into a flip kick.

Your animation was a bit strange in how you eased into your movements.
Maybe it was the kind of stick figure, idk. It didn't look that good.

If I were you, I'd make an animation of simple, basic movements. Such as a walk that build into a run which ends with a jump that turns into a flip. You will be back up to par if you animate that.

About flash-
You don't have to be able to redraw that well, plus the more you do it, the better/faster you get at it. If you don't want to buy a tablet, just use the line tool. Especially for stick figures. If you were serious about animating and wanted to do full body, that's where you're going to want a tablet, other wise, line tool is just fine. I tend to like more animations done with the line tool than I do brush tool. It's a lot cleaner and gives a more serious feel to the animation. Depending on how you go about animating it.

Tortuga
02-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Well, that was an extremely helpful post, beyond what anybody here could do.

The thing is, that is one of the first times i've seen you make such a helpful post. Usually you seem to simply criticize peoples animations while giving little to no advice.

If you continue to give advice, be that 1 sentence or 5 paragraphs, i think most people would see you in a better light, at least i would.

Edit: Mapex, could i have that .piv file? Cause i would like to see something but i can't with just the .gif

2-D
02-14-2010, 01:29 AM
lol what are all you guys talking about
arch angel is a huge asshole. and maybe not the bad kind, but sure is the gay kind XD!!!

Arch-Angel
02-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Are you sure that it isn't too early to let everyone know about our relationship, 2-D?

zer0gravity
02-14-2010, 02:18 AM
well.... I didn't think that anyone agreed with me about arch angel. I thought you all thought that the sun shon out of his ass, thank god this isn't true. This seems to be the case with CandoBalls though.

on the topic of the animation.

I liked it. You need to add more frames though. its hard to see whats going on.

Arch-Angel
02-14-2010, 02:48 AM
well.... I didn't think that anyone agreed with me about arch angel. I thought you all thought that the sun shon out of his ass, thank god this isn't true. This seems to be the case with CandoBalls though.

Look at it this way.
I don't have a problem spending a minute or two giving someone criticism seeing as how I know what I'm talking about and I'm pretty good at explaining it. Although, if you're on my bad side, I rarely give you any criticism at all. If I comment on your thread, it will say something like- "That sucked, work on everything or don't post anymore". Normally the people that I add on MSN are the ones that get the best criticism, and the most of it. I personally don't care about helping anyone on this site when it comes to animating :/ I don't need to help. I could be animating and shit instead.

Some people get it, others don't. I'm normally a helpful person, yet I am an ass about it. I don't have a problem speaking my mind and calling you all retarded dumb ****s who cannot do shit right :/ You can either try and get on my good side, or just continue to waste your time stating the obvious and making me laugh because you act like I care.

Also, how could you not tell what happened? It was more than obvious what was going on >_>

You need new eyes.

mapex
02-14-2010, 07:18 PM
on the topic of me apparently not being mid-inter: anyone who says rust doesn't exist (i know there are some) is just plain wrong. animating isnt like riding a bike. i was never mid inter on DD your right, i have no idea what i was there. i guess whatever is the equivalent to mid inter here is what i was there.

ill send you the .piv tortuga once i eat my dinner.

also idk arch-angel very well but he doesnt seem like that big of an asshole to me...?

zer0gravity
02-14-2010, 09:28 PM
also idk arch-angel very well but he doesnt seem like that big of an asshole to me...?

he can be if he wants to or doesn't like you. I cant even remember why we don't like each other.........

arch angel, cn u remember?

Arch-Angel
02-14-2010, 09:30 PM
he can be if he wants to or doesn't like you. I cant even remember why we don't like each other.........

arch angel, cn u remember?

One day you were on your period?
If that isn't it then ****. I need to find a new excuse for people's anger :/

zer0gravity
02-14-2010, 11:26 PM
lol... nope...

unrortunately my penis dosn't bleed so I cant have periods....

I ment, when? what started it?

lol

Vorpal
02-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Archangel could destroy you so hard that if a single particle of you existed after what he did to you it would then load a gun and kill itself and that's just with his text, please don't summon his wrath because it will be fierce and swift, although a magnificent sight to behold I don't want to see yet another being battered and broken beneath the weight of their mind collapsing on them then exploding like a pseudo super nova, painting the walls of their house an arterial red, then burning it to the ground with the force of a thousand blazing infernos, leaving nothing but the sight of cinder rising into the sun set as a reminder that some thing's are best left not said because somethings can't be un done.

Gyohdonz
02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Archangel could destroy you so hard that if a single particle of you existed after what he did to you it would then load a gun and kill itself and that's just with his text, please don't summon his wrath because it will be fierce and swift, although a magnificent sight to behold I don't want to see yet another being battered and broken beneath the weight of their mind collapsing on them then exploding like a pseudo super nova, painting the walls of their house an arterial red, then burning it to the ground with the force of a thousand blazing infernos, leaving nothing but the sight of cinder rising into the sun set as a reminder that some thing's are best left not said because somethings can't be un done.

Sorry for the bump.

But HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Jutsu, why don't we have babies yet?

Vorpal
02-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Lol, I dunno.

On topic:Hey mapexzzzz you animating again?

DEMONWINGS
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
is it just me or is it always the physics of things that screws people up?

coopercrue
02-25-2010, 04:28 PM
suprisingly, I do remember you. greetings.