PDA

View Full Version : Noooo, Mr. Robotooo :(

Tawnik
02-13-2010, 05:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lnhVTxC7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_YB9mmbiA

alternative links (also higher resolution)
http://tawnik.xf.cz/robot5P.mov
http://tawnik.xf.cz/robot5S.mov

he died.

also check this out, thats the previous animation, but finished,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gllq6YQqjBg

Wsheerio
02-13-2010, 06:03 AM
You're very good at 3-d animation, I can't find a problem with it.

Joshua ice-knight
02-13-2010, 01:48 PM
They're great
One question, how do you do it? I'd really like to know

Zed
02-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Stop being epic. It makes me feel bad :(

Poor robot. The animation looked flawless to me.

Tawnik
02-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Thank you all for the great response,
Wsheerio, you sure can ;)
Joshua ice-knight, I was born with one head and two arms.Oh and the software I work in is called Maya :)
Zed, if you say epic you mean epic, right ? But, since I want to be EPIC I cant stop being epic right now, I wont be epic anymore when I'll be at least epic, ok ? ;) Thank you :D

Schwa
02-13-2010, 02:26 PM
OMFG Tawnik. Remember when I told you I loved you before? I love you even more now.

That's really quality stuff, it looks like you have the modeling down (robot looked sexy) as well as the 3-d animation shtick (they both look really good) are you planning on making a bigger project?

Tawnik
02-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Well the rig (the robot model) isnt mine, Im focusing only on animation.I can model, but I dont really like doing it, the background, the sword and the helmet are mine, but the rest isnt.I really appreciate your comment, Its always nice to know that someone likes what Im doing, thank you :)

alcaknight
02-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Awesome stuff, Tawnik. You've improved by bounds.

Arch-Angel
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
It was just there for me :/
You need to reach your potential, My good sir.
You should make a bad ass environment and then animate the people on it.

I did like the Norman upgrade to a robot though, that looked nice. There's just a lot more that you could be doing.

Miccool
02-14-2010, 12:04 AM
wow, your getting really good at your movements. The chest part needs a bit of recoil after hitting the ground though, otherwise, it's excellent.

N T
02-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Very good animations.
Smooth, nice work. Maya won't work on my computer :[
I like the knight.

FoShizzle
02-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Tawnik, amazing as usual. I <3 it all

Scarecrow
02-14-2010, 06:27 AM
my only complaint is that he dies too suddenly. he seems to be doing just fine and then he just conks out unexpectedly. maybe make him slowly slow down, and then just before he dies, make him reach out, or struggle to stay up, or something?

other than such small tweaks, it's great.

Rabstar
02-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Epiic (: with TWO i's! :O!!
I'd just say make the actual body parts a bit more smoother, it looks too obvious its animated :3 (Im not sure if you can do that, but yeah, if you can, it'll become EEEEEpiiic) :P

Tawnik
02-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Thank you, I was thinking about the stuggle and trying to get himself in move again, I think that if I do this it will become a really good piece.
Rabstar, I can do this with offsetting the keys, thats the last thing I do when animating in 3d, since this wasnt final version I wasnt offsetting them, I will do that right after I do the final struggle.

Thank you for the support, more animations are comming soon, Im going to render them, I learnt a few things about lighting and rendering, now I have to get some skills at modeling and rigging..

Scarecrow
02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
i'm gonna have to install maya again

where are you getting models from? last time i got caught up with trying to build a character and eventually i was like **** this shit and then i stopped using it

Kitsune
02-16-2010, 12:37 AM
incredible. I wish the robot had some more struggle before he falls, he seems to have some clean crawls and then he just abruptly falls.

But yeah you're going places. this looks very ****ing impressive.

Arch-Angel
02-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Robots aren't like humans. His batteries could've fallen out D=
Or his power could've been cut off.

Mr Scarecrow guy, Modeling in 3DS Max isn't hard :/ A lot of extruding, playing with your polygons, and your vertex's. Then there's the whole adding bones part which doesn't take long at all. Maybe if you make the bones larger. The only hard part is the rigging of the character.

Tawnik
02-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Thank you, I was thinking about the struggle and I dont really think I could do that now, I dont want to be like "oh, I can do that, sure thing" and then get discouraged because I was just thinking a lot, I think that I will leave it as it is and I'll focus on some Norman animation again.

Im getting the models from www.creativecrash.com, I know something about modeling, something about rigging and skinning but I just like animating more than doing these things, I might dig into it later on, but not now, I want to get some skills in animation, then I'll move on.

Yes, modeling is like extruding and tweaking the extrusions :) but then there is nurbs modeling which is quite different, from what I know.Polygons are kinda easy and fun to work with.I might watch some tutorials, but, I still have the Lamborghini galardo un-finished, so I should finish that first.

What I want to learn is rendering, Id like to have good backgrounds but since there are quite a lot of free characters to use I dont really worry about character design, character rigging or character skinning...

Kitsune
02-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Robots aren't like humans. His batteries could've fallen out D=
Or his power could've been cut off.

I dont care about how robots realistically function, I just think it would look better if he struggled before he died. It's usually nice to have organic qualities like that in non-organic things. I think it's a part of some principle in animation actually. Not sure.

Tawnik
02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
This epic thing was rigged and modeled by Tawnik

http://tawnik.xf.cz/robot1.mov

YO !

Zed
02-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Awww. He dropped his box :(

Physics on the box bounce looked a bit off. Other than that it's pretty nice.

FoShizzle
02-16-2010, 11:00 PM
That was awesome too.. But as Zed already pointed out, when the box fell it seemed totally off.