PDA

View Full Version : (Arch-Angel) Playing With Fire+Instructional video =D

Arch-Angel
02-17-2010, 01:25 AM
http://www.truploader.com/view/741558
I thought of the brilliant idea, "Maybe there should be an underground explosion that blasts everyone out of the cave and onto an entirely new battlefield.

This is just the animation I had, which is just a few frames long.
The video of me animating it is uploading on youtube so blegh. Link to come soon. Go check out Samurai comp thread for screenshots and where I am no with the animation. Which is at 48.4 seconds long right now. It's getting slightly more epic every frame =D

you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgzjrQ5f4_s

Ssjbryando
02-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Looks good so far :P I hope it looks as good finished as the startup does, which would prob be a bit harder.

The top of the lines is abit wobbly, but awesome so far mang.

zer0gravity
02-17-2010, 02:54 AM
wow... thats awesome. only tip I can give is that the light circle was a bit weird.....

Vendetta
02-17-2010, 03:36 AM
The fire's great, but there's something wrong with the ground... it doesn't work very well with the fire, and I think the whole thing should be more eased.

Arch-Angel
02-17-2010, 03:52 AM
There's nothing to block the light yet, and I animated the light first. It will look better when finished =D

As for the ground. In Scene 4 or 5, the characters are in an underground tunnel type thing, In scene 5 or 6 it switches back to above ground. The characters get above ground by being shot out of the ground due to a firey explosion underground. This is a different flash file than the anim I'm working on. I made a new .fla and just made the explosion a movie clip. That way I didn't have to manage even more layers and shit when it comes to the actual animation.

Also, Vendetta. You cannot really see so much easing in real life.
There are some things that are noticible, and some things that aren't. There is actually a term that is rarely used called over-easing. It's rarely used because no one takes the time to think that their movements may have had too many frames easing in and out of each other. Which is why I don't prefer an over-eased style. It doesn't seem realistic to me.

That's also why I prefer an Adam Philips style. He animates at 30 FPS when doing brackenwood. Which is great. Working at a higher FPS allows you to capture fast paced movements a whole lot more effectively. He just double frames all of Bitey's normal movements. Which would be 15 FPS.

Vendetta
02-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Well then. Good luck and you better finish it

Arch-Angel
02-17-2010, 06:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgzjrQ5f4_s
youtube video is up

Miccool
02-17-2010, 09:42 AM
the light circle is weird and the dirt stuff only has like two frames. It's cool I guess, but it doesn't really look like fire... or even a cartoonish fire; looks like a detailed smoke/particle thingy. Cool nonetheless.

Cronos
02-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Tis quite the eye candy.

Arch-Angel
02-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Finished it =D