PDA

View Full Version : Anger Managment

Cory
02-17-2010, 10:40 AM
I just blew up over a game of halo where I ran into a limp dick bitch hacker. I started throwing shit and everything I was so pissed. I need to learn to calm the **** down, after all its just a game. What do you guys do to calm yourself down when you get pissed?Besides masturbate, your not funny **** you.

‹berschall
02-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Haha what? If you lose your head over a meaningless video game like that, you need some serious changes including, but not limited to, distraction, other occupations and realizing a hacker on Halo doesn't, or at least shouldn't, dominate your entire life.

MiniMan
02-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Don't manage that.

It makes for great videos on youtube hahah.

Cory
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Well it hits a sore spot when I run into a hacker because back in the Halo 1 days I was on the pro circuit (PC not Xbox) which ended up decimated by hacking fags so naturally I don't take kindly to them, nor their antics especially since I am personally striving to get back onto the pro circuit and make some cash for actually playing. Also duly note that I have an extremely short fuse when it comes to, but not limited to, getting angry or irritated. I don't get to play alot, or at least shouldn't, in the first place because of work. *insert more smart sounding words here to further prove my point that your not contributing to my thread where I ask "What do you guys do to calm yourself down when you get pissed?"*

Don't manage that.

It makes for great videos on youtube hahah.

I don't want to end up like the WOW kid >.>

‹berschall
02-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Usually I'm all over stuff like this, but I honestly have no idea what to tell you other than "calm the **** down". We all have some sore spots and well, some have them bigger and more extreme than others, just like everyone has the right to be angry, but there's just a point where you have to consider how much worth this shit has to you. Now even the "what the hell, it's just a game" thing won't work since it's apparently more than that for you (which is something I do refrain from commenting on). I'm all out of ideas here.

Zed
02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Just try asking yourself how getting angry will help and what the more rational thing to do is. If done right you can become an emotionless automaton :)

But in all seriousness, you just have to try to think about it differently.

Cory
02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Wish I didn't break up with my girl, getting laid could definitely calm me down. Hopefully sometime this or next week (yay for booty calls eh?).

Just try asking yourself how getting angry will help and what the more rational thing to do is. If done right you can become an emotionless automaton :)

But in all seriousness, you just have to try to think about it differently.

It's hard for me to calm down from anything.. I'm perfect military material :D

‹berschall
02-17-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm a little worried you might sock her in the face if you jizz prematurely though.

Cory
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Two problems with that though:
1. I will never EVER hit a girl (I once let a girl beat me up in middle school cuz there was no way I was gonna hit her)
2. I don't prematurely jizz.

MiniMan
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Your first mistake is trying to play Halo, or any other game, proffesionally.

Cory
02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I figure if I did it once, I can do it again.

MiniMan
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
It's not an issue of if you can do it or not. It's an issue of how stupid it is to do it.

Want to know how to be less mad at a video game? Don't take it so seriously. If you're taking a thing of entertainment and attaching all of these stressing issues like winning money and all that shit of course you're gonna get mad you dolt. Because you've taken a game and made it more than "just a game"

2-D
02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
lol cory you so gay
\
2. I don't prematurely jizz.

you say that as if you think people plan to

Cory
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Well ya I'm going to take it seriously because I wanna make money from it (why so serious?). I do still have fun with it, but only if I'm winning.

2D dude, self control. After awhile you begin to realize when your about to splode and if you skilled enough you can prolong it.

2-D
02-17-2010, 11:59 AM
have fun becoming an elitist faggot
oh wait

Cory
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
2D either contribute or leave. Don't need your trolling.

‹berschall
02-17-2010, 12:04 PM
I do still have fun with it, but only if I'm winning.

Haha what the fuck? And you ask what your problem is? You've got it right fucking there.

Cory
02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
meh, maybe. When I'm playing with friends and shit I don't take it seriously then but during matchmaking on MLG, its all srs bsns.

‹berschall
02-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Then don't ask yourself why you've got such an anger problem.

Solved.

MiniMan
02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
If you really couldn't see what your problem was before you posted this thread, you're far beyond help.

Exile
02-17-2010, 01:12 PM
People like you are the reason modern gaming sucks ass. Back in elementary school pretty much everyone had Goldeneye and pretty much everyone played because it was fun, not because they liked winning. And for the most part most 18-20ish year olds seem to still get it, but all the ****ing 12-15 year olds playing Halo and MW2 are little whiny bitches because they never grew up with the idea that video games are supposed to be about having fun, not about having fun under the condition that you're winning.

I have a brother that does this, something about widespread online gaming bred little shits like you that can't have fun unless they're dominating the scoreboards, that's not the ****ing point of playing a game. There's a reason people flipping out to games wind up getting thousands of views on Youtube and get ridiculed by everyone.

If you've gotten to the point where you can only conditionally enjoy a game, then don't bother playing it. If you're in it for the money, get a day job like everyone else and use games to relieve stress, not to facilitate it.

MiniMan
02-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Exilement kiss me.

Now.

Right here right now you sexy mother****er.

Chunky
02-17-2010, 01:24 PM
what i suggest is that you stop playing video games and go outside for a bit and if your already going outside anyway just go out more

Cory
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
first of I am 18, and yes I do play games for fun but I also play other games seriously. Halo I take seriously, if I wanna have fun with it ill do forge or campaign or play a different game such as spore or sims. If halo wasn't meant to be competitive play they're wouldn't be a ranking system, online play, or a MLG. ****ing duh.

How do you think alot of competitive sports started? It was a game that evolved! Holyshit, things evolve? no wai I'm too busy being stuck in the 80's and 90's with my nintendo and black n white tv. I dun wanna evolve i wanna stay primitive >:E.

Thats regardless, the point of this thread is to suggest ways to manage my anger, either do that or gtfo. Quit trying to imitate 2D and stop trolling and start being useful.

Covalence
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
exilement isn't trolling, he's just telling you that your anger comes with competitive gaming and that you're an idiot for not realizing so

the most simple thing i can tell you is that you should stop taking things too seriously, like this thread

Cory
02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I do realize it comes from that, I'm not asking you guys what its from. I already know. I'm asking what you guys tend to do to calm down and/or stay calm. No I'm not gonna stop playing competitively.

Covalence
02-17-2010, 03:03 PM
normally by realizing what your anger and stress stems from, you try to eliminate the factors that cause the stress in that environment

if it's games and stuff that piss you off, you should keep in mind that "wait, i'm not the best player out there, so something like this is bound to happen"
don't overestimate your own ability, etc. etc.

Cory
02-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Don't get me wrong i stop playing when I get angry, I'll walk away and go watch a movie or something but I'm not gonna completely give it up because even if it does make me angry at times, I do enjoy playing it ALOT. I wont be playing anymore in April anyways.

Zed
02-17-2010, 03:24 PM
I wont be playing anymore in April anyways.

There's a piece of bait dangling right in front of me that you know I, or at least someone on this site, won't be able to resist nibbling on. Go on then, you know you want to tell us what's happening in April. Let's get it over with.

MiniMan
02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
No I'm not gonna stop playing competitively.Well then enjoy being mad.

And evolving is about things being BETTER.

If a game that is fun to play with friends with no stress is not better than a stressful game that pays money to faggots who need anger management like you then people are really wacked out. (Namely, you)

zawmbee
02-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Cory, just get a wii. You will never rage on that, but stay away from any super mario game :c

RUiN
02-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Just work out.
Duh.

Exile
02-17-2010, 05:30 PM
If halo wasn't meant to be competitive play they're wouldn't be a ranking system, online play, or a MLG. ****ing duh.

MLG is for faggots, and you are not part of MLG. Ranking systems and online play is meant for competition, but just to add depth to the game. Obviously multiplayer is supposed to be competitive, but not so much as to get people worked up to the point of anger.

How do you think alot of competitive sports started? It was a game that evolved! Holyshit, things evolve? no wai

Oh, don't ****ing patronize me by sidestepping my point. Halo isn't a sport and it's nowhere near the same level as sports or other competitive physical activities. Halo and other video games focus on entertainment and you know that. If you're trying to elevate your position to that of a professional athlete then you're lost in your own world beyond anything anyone here can say.

Thats regardless, the point of this thread is to suggest ways to manage my anger, either do that or gtfo. Quit trying to imitate 2D and stop trolling and start being useful.

You do realize that someone can think someone is an idiot without imitating 2-D, right?

I am being useful, I'm trying to make you realize how ****ing dumb you are by going onto a forum to try and enlist the help of other people because you can't manage your anger towards a video game. You really can't see the idiocy in just saying that? If you get that angry the only thing that you can do about it is to back up and analyze what it is you're getting angry at. It's ****ing immature to get that worked up over something so pithy.

MiniMan
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Pants off, Exilement.

Flood
02-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Cory, just get a wii. You will never rage on that, but stay away from any super mario game :c

oh my god, this. it's impossible to get angry at the wii games.

Zed
02-17-2010, 06:08 PM
I PUT NO FUCKING SPIN ON THAT FUCKING BOWLING BALL, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! caps please, mr portal

Myself
02-17-2010, 06:10 PM
quit gettin mad at video games

RUiN
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
WII is the most annoying game system ever my dads payed thousands in things broken by freaking out over that shit.

The Dude
02-17-2010, 06:21 PM
I feel you dude.
I love playing Halo competitively.

And I also agree with what the others are saying.

On topic: Just take a break, get a snack, get something to eat after like a couple matches start to frustrate you.
Take like a two minute walk or just think of a creative map in forge.

RUiN
02-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Or go back and OWN SUM NEWB @55!!!11!!1
Lol, but seriously. Work out

The Dude
02-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Or go back and OWN SUM NEWB @55!!!11!!1
Lol, but seriously. Work out

Okay, why don't you just keep telling him the same thing, but just put "seriously" in front of it.
That will make him do it.

Not everyone wants to exercise to blow off steam.
For some people it doesn't even work.

RUiN
02-17-2010, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't know because its either that or break something which is tons of fun too.

Cory
02-17-2010, 08:31 PM
MiniMan stop trolling, and don't worry what I'm doing that's my business and rather private. You guys are ****ing useless, I give you a legit opportunity to give advice and you troll. ****ing boobs.

/thread

Gavel
02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
as usual, xcell can't take advice and sees attempts from people to help him as nothing but trolling. no wonder you blow up while you play video games. the reason you get the way you do during vidya games is because you aren't pleased with the outcome, same as with this thread. obviously you wanted people to sympathize with you or something and when you didn't get any of that, you accused everyone of trolling. grow up, xcell

Vorpal
02-18-2010, 12:00 AM
All I can say is just chill, I don't know how to explain it, you just gotta chill. If you let the game make you mad, the game is playing you, just reach the point where it doesn't matter if you lose and you should be fine.

Scarecrow
02-18-2010, 12:04 AM
pro tip: chill the **** out

this man right here, the scarecrow or whatever you kids call him these days, he don't get mad no more

maybe smoke some weeeeeeeeeeeed maaaannnnnnnnnnnnn

Cory
02-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Go through the pages and you'll see half of the posts are d-bags trolling. Barely any one stayed on topic and gave advice. Thanks to those who did, you aren't a waste of a human being. To those who trolled (you know who you are, and if think you didn't troll then you shouldnt take offense to this), leave me alone for **** sake. Every time I post on SPP you troll me, just stfu already its old. We get it, you don't like me.If you unlock this thread then you're a faggot who likes it up the ass, which is already obvious

/THREAD

Gavel
02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
no, i decide when a thread ends and i honestly think you're just being a bitch right now because you couldn't get the answer you wanted. obviously you want some miracle cure to help you stop getting so mad when you play video games. might i suggest scarecrow's suggestion. i hear playing vidya games while high is quite the experience

JEWISHPERSON
02-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Wait for it.. Wait for it.. It's coming.. Smoke a joint, faggot.

:L Just kidding bro. That shit kills. But you should try getting a punching bag so when you get pissed off you can just beat the shit out of a bag. Or defenestrate yourself. Up to you.

Scarecrow
02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
speaking of which i make some really nice joints

JEWISHPERSON
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Oh yeah? Whaddya use for joint paper? Some sticky notes cuz you too little to buy joint papers from the gas station? HAW HAW HA HAHAHA HAW HAW AHAW

Scarecrow
02-18-2010, 03:19 PM
ye- NO!! SHUT UP U FAGT

JEWISHPERSON
02-18-2010, 03:28 PM
:) fslkjdfskdfsdflksdfj