PDA

View Full Version : Ballroom Break[RawGreen]

RawGreen
02-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Don't forget to listen to the whole song before rating and please read my description.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/313534

Thank you.

GreenSheen
02-22-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't mean to seem harsh but that was kinda weird. The rhythm was completely off in various beats, causing them to clash with each other. Don't take this personally but you gotta work on your timing.

Exile
02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't mean to seem harsh but that was kinda weird. The rhythm was completely off in various beats, causing them to clash with each other. Don't take this personally but you gotta work on your timing.

It's electronic music, there's nothing wrong with the timing.

I like how the song kind of progresses, but dude, 2 minutes is not a good time for music as repetitive as yours. I could imagine a bunch of melodic stuff going on above what you have, which is essentially a framework of a song. Not a song in and of itself.

You have some good ideas but I think you need to put a lot of effort into at least one of your tracks soon, don't fall into a pattern of making short, somewhat interesting songs that just stop progressing when the listener expects it to.

RawGreen
02-25-2010, 12:56 PM
It's electronic music, there's nothing wrong with the timing.

I like how the song kind of progresses, but dude, 2 minutes is not a good time for music as repetitive as yours. I could imagine a bunch of melodic stuff going on above what you have, which is essentially a framework of a song. Not a song in and of itself.

You have some good ideas but I think you need to put a lot of effort into at least one of your tracks soon, don't fall into a pattern of making short, somewhat interesting songs that just stop progressing when the listener expects it to.

alright, I'll take that to heart, and try to work on more melodic things.