PDA

View Full Version : Music for the those who like beat.

Vorpal
02-25-2010, 07:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvKAxf2px3c
I made this up and I like the outcome.

Exile
02-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Your hi-hats are veerrryyy sharp in the upper frequencies, turn them down or cut them a bit. Your crash is a bit loud for what's going on, too, it sounds more like one of those double-crash cymbals used in orchestras instead of a crash on a drum set, which is probably more like what you'd want it to sound like.

Everything's panned to the right, too, that's kind of odd..

It's a cool song, wish there were more melodic things going on but you have a good feel for percussion.

Don't upload stuff to Youtube, use Tindeck, Soundclick, Soundcloud, hell even use Newgrounds if you have to.

Vorpal
02-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh, thank you. Yeah it's my first track ever so I was getting a feel for the percussion, I can't seem to operate the piano in it like I can in real life, but that will just take some time to figure out.
What's so bad about youtube though? It's not like I care about the trolling or spamming, I don't think the audio quality gets butchered too bad.

2-D
02-25-2010, 01:42 PM
that's what you get for thinkin

Exile
02-25-2010, 03:00 PM
It's not like I care about the trolling or spamming, I don't think the audio quality gets butchered too bad.

Why would you want it to be butchered at all when you can upload it to an audio-only site just as easily without worrying about it?

Vorpal
02-25-2010, 03:09 PM
I want more people to hear it, if it doesn't reach the ears of others does it have any point in existing?

‹berschall
02-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Your primary goal should be reaching the ears of people who know what they're talking about at this point, whereas people who are on youtube are generally not the kind of people who know stuff.

Gavel
02-25-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah, go with soundclick or tindeck. it's just...better

also, i gotta go with exilement. the hats are really overpowering and that crash doesn't quite fit. everything else is good but at times i found it hard to follow where the beat was going because the snaps are way under everything else.

Vorpal
02-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Exile
02-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Your primary goal should be reaching the ears of people who know what they're talking about at this point, whereas people who are on youtube are generally not the kind of people who know stuff.

+1, you're not writing for an audience yet, you're writing to figure out what the hell you're doing. People learning how to play an instrument don't go out looking for stages to practice on, same principle.