PDA

View Full Version : Pip pop pip pop pip pop pip pop pip pop pip pop

RawGreen
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
you got that?
Popping Pippins (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/314919)

Go there and crit

Exile
03-02-2010, 07:57 AM
don't make the bass the same as the melody, ever, please

just out of curiosity, when you write songs, do you just write them linearly and add in things as you go, or do you have an idea of what you want it to sound like before you start?

GreenSheen
03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Okay Imma play the instigator here. That was repeatedly annoying. I just didn't like how it repeated or the sounds used.

Gavel
03-03-2010, 02:38 PM
don't make the bass the same as the melody, ever, please
well there are some cases where it would work, imo, but this isn't one of them

Exile
03-03-2010, 03:37 PM
well there are some cases where it would work, imo, but this isn't one of them

maybe if there are different countermelodies that filled up the chord progression but even then there's usually better things you can do

Gavel
03-03-2010, 08:18 PM
well i don't think it would work best in this genre of music, but in genres where the instrumentals can be a bit simplistic and you want to add some power to the melody, it can work

RawGreen
03-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I add it on linearly I guess. I've never been good as a whole song nor do I know how to make a good outcome of several idea's or whatever.

So I just make a few melodies or a song that the lead plays and have everything fall into it ._.
I've been trying to do randomly made such as you can see with this one.

Exile
03-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I've never been good as a whole song nor do I know how to make a good outcome of several idea's or whatever.

What you're doing right now is good if you had a lot of experience behind you.. I don't think I'd even be comfortable trying to write linear freeform electronica. And FL Studio is one of the most limiting DAW's for writing stuff like that.

When you start a song, start with a chord progression or something simple, instead of melodies and hooks. Those should come from your foundation, not be the foundation.