PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with my brain holy shit help

Myself
02-28-2010, 09:41 AM
right. as many of you may know i have insomnia. now normally this simply means i dont get much sleep, and have a haed time getting to sleep, but tonight shits hit the fan in my brain.

every time i close my eyes i immediately become disorientated and confused. i half forget where I am, and think something is going on. eg, at one point i thought i was in the vietnam war, and shit was exploding everywhere, and I was all scared and shit. another time I was in the s.t.a.l.k.e.r universe being chased by mutants. the logical part of my brain was still aware that i was lying in bed, but i was still perceiving what was happening, ie seeing it, hearing it. As far as I can tell I was dreaming while awake, with extrely vivid dreams. On top of this, whenever i close my eyes I start getting a blinding headache.

This isn't just delirium due to sleep deprivation, which I am familiar with. I haven't been doing any hard drugs recently and have not been through and harsh emotional turmoil. So I don't know what the ****

once my parents wake up, in a few hours, I'll go to the doctors. sorry for the terrible typing but I have a horrible headache

so, what the **** is going on?

Zed
02-28-2010, 09:54 AM
I used to do something similar (to the visions at least), where I'd be just about to fall asleep and the dream would kick in early so I'd sorta know that I was dreaming but not be properly aware, and then I'd usually try to run in the dream and find that I just kicked the wall which would snap me out of it.

Disorientation I tend to get when I'm mildly ill and try to sleep. Blinding headaches, maybe if I'd been looking at a load of bright light that day, like if I was skiing or something. But I've never had all of them at the same time.

It does sound like you're probably sick in some way. Best I can suggest is to get a glass of water and some asprin. Maybe try having some fun in the dreams, I dunno. Kill some Viet Cong.

doc
02-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Wow i have no idea, that sounds pretty insane though. I'd say wake your parents up and get to the doc asap

Myself
02-28-2010, 09:59 AM
It does sound like you're probably sick in some way.

Yeah, I do tend to have vivid, retarded dreams when I'm sick.

Maybe try having some fun in the dreams, I dunno. Kill some Viet Cong.

I would, but the headaches man. Also for some reason I'm scared during it. Now I don't mean to be an internet badass here, but there are very few things in this world that make me feel that pit of despair in my gut due to fear, and this is one of them. So **** that shit.

Myself
02-28-2010, 10:02 AM
also i forgot to mention, i have really sensitive and painful hearing, like when you have a bad hangover, but I haven't been drink recently.

MiniMan
02-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Time to see a doctor.

That sounds like some really weird intense shit.

Myself
02-28-2010, 10:46 AM
doctor in 3 hours

Flood
02-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Yep, definitely see a doctor. I used to have the same thing happen to me, but it wasn't as intense as that. Maybe take a break from video games or something, because the scenarios in your dreams are common video game scenarios, especially with you being in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R universe and all.

Real
02-28-2010, 11:10 AM
My guess is insomnia-induced delirium. I'd wager a doctor would end up sending you to a sleep center of some sort for treatment.

If that's not it, a physical brain abnormality certainly is within reason.

I hope it's not too bad, dude. Good luck with the doctor. Make sure you tell him/her EVERYTHING. Leave nothing out. It's all important for a proper diagnosis.

Scorpioxxx
02-28-2010, 11:24 AM
I've had the dreaming while aware I'm doing it/still awake thing and I've been told it could be related to my (minor) schizophrenia which was only really noticable between the ages of 10 and 14. I usually get these odd dreams after showing signs of depression and the like during the previous day but I don't think to the same intensity as yours. I notice no real confusion or such when it happens or me and any head pains are minor and fade within a minute or the 'dream ending'.

From the sounds of it I'd say something along the lines of what Real is saying, the sheer build up of lack of sleep is just hitting you in the form of metal exhaustion which would explain why your brain is drifting into intense daydreaming (?) to try and rest. Even though you said you're used to delirium from lack of sleep, it doesn't rule out a far higher intensity of it cause these effects.

Schwa
02-28-2010, 11:25 AM
You can probably come up with some way to get the doctor to have your parents leave the room if you don't want to tell them about your drug and alcohol abusing / using habits. Doctor's are at least supposed to have 'doctor-patient confidentiality' so they're pretty much required not to tell your parents about what you told him without your permission.

MiniMan
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
You know what he needs?

Some bitch tits to cry into.

Real
02-28-2010, 06:20 PM
You know what he needs?

We all could use some of those, homie.

Myself
02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
You know what he needs?

I wish I had me a Robert Paulson.

Anyway, back from the doctor. Says the symptoms point to severe post dramatic stress, but then ruled it out, since I haven't had anything that could cause that happen. The second diagnosis was a mix schizophrenia and sleep deprivation, but since I never have shown any signs of schizophrenia before he says it's probably safe to rule that out. He says to much playing of the vidya can cause this, but not on this scale, although combined with severe sleep deprivation it might be a possibility. I also got his Steam username, he plays TF2. :U

I also had a brain scan, which came out clean, and a blood test, which the results haven't come back yet. He wants me to go back tomorrow, and gave me some super strong sleeping pills to use if I can't get to sleep tonight. He told me to message him on steam or by phone if anything minor came up, but if it gets any worse I should call a ambulance and send for him from the hospital, since this sort of thing can sometimes be really severe.

Also I got a lollipop :)

Schwa
02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
tldr: The steamy doctor let myself suck on his lolipop

Myself
02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
also i was grabbin pillz

‹berschall
02-28-2010, 09:16 PM
It's the second kidney, dude.

But in all seriousness, I hope it's nothing serious and that it goes away like that. The brain scan coming out clean is something good already I guess.

Gavel
02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
he has two livers not kidneys, dude. everyone has two kidneys, lol

unless they're on dialysis or something

‹berschall
02-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh, yeah, **** me. Typo.