PDA

View Full Version : Depth Test

RawGreen
02-28-2010, 02:42 PM
I've noticed that I've been dead with animating with frankly posting anything online.
So here I'm posting up a "depth test" for your criticism. I've been working to fully utilize all my vector based programs, as I used Photoshop, Swift3D and Macro-media Flash all together at once.

Use the left and right arrow keys to scroll frame by frame through the loop, and use space-bar to play the animation again.

http://www.truploader.com/view/555948

I found the grass somewhat difficult to manage as the png file used I had to copy/paste allot and change the grass blade colors. It looks cheap right now but I'm trying to find a neat way to do this simple and more realistic than this fashion of "grass blades" somcl so with that said...The highlights on the car are a little too much but I couldn't just go and fix it as it was rendered that way and I'd also have to go through all 85 frames to do that so I was like, nah. But that's something I'm taking into consideration for any future tests as it is most embarrassing.
The sun with the fade, I'm pretty sure that's how it's done but then again I'm here for help on that as well.

Crit and Comment please ;)

Yummerz
02-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Looks good.
Apart from the scenery seem to be being squashed.

Oh.and btw.Whats your whirled name?

Tawnik
02-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, this is really cool, I really love it, I like the grass, looks good to me, the only thing that ruins it for me is that the car doesnt ease at the beginning, it just drives off, that makes me sad, apart from that I really cant see anything wrong with it, everything looks good =) I like the fading sun shine, but I think it should grow, not shrink, because as the buildings go out of the sight then you can see the sun clearly and that should cause the shining become stronger, does it make sense ?

Good job.

RawGreen
02-28-2010, 03:22 PM
@DFR179, my whirled name is the same as my name on here.

@Tawnik, Well, my problem with the car is I had two options I didn't know how to use. First off in SWIFT3D I don't know how to use easing yet as I have recently stumbled upon 3D animation using that software(off topic.dunno about making bones either). My other option was to make the car drive from behind the camera or have the camera under the car as it came in. I couldn't do this second option because the car would flip upside down and do barrel rolls as it followed the trail of movement -_-"

The part on the sunshine really really helps, I didn't think of it that way when I put it in, so thanks.

Tawnik
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Probably youve just messed something, because normally it should roll or flip or anything, Ive never used swift but I think you've just miss-keyed something on the car, I cant really help you since I dont know the software.. :|

AsSeenOnTV
02-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Things shouldn't be getting shorter or taller, just going up and down. Everything else seems to be fine.

RawGreen
03-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Probably youve just messed something, because normally it should roll or flip or anything, Ive never used swift but I think you've just miss-keyed something on the car, I cant really help you since I dont know the software.. :|

you use maya right?

降世神通
03-01-2010, 03:51 AM
0.0........ 3D MAX?or Google Sketchup?

Tawnik
03-01-2010, 07:30 AM
you use maya right?

Yeah, maya :)