PDA

View Full Version : [Arch-Angel] 6seconds of lol

Arch-Angel
03-05-2010, 01:12 AM
I was bored
http://www.truploader.com/view/225685&lb=n

I'm going to be working on changing my style for a game I'm working on (Which will be done in full body, not stick figures lol). Literally, everything about my old style will change. Such as this animation. I upped the FPS from the usual 18-24 to 30. I zoomed in three times and kept the brush at the 5th size. The only thing that I didn't do was the scenery for it. Which is a 3 point pressure line with draw inside highlights.

Just for you all that like to watch stick animations like they have some real point :)

Oooooor. If ten people post saying that I should post my latest full body animation on the forum, then I will do that Sunday. Otherwise it will remain with all of the others that I don't think you all are ready to see just yet. All in due time though.

With that being said, this was a fun 30 minute project for me to do before I go to sleep. Catch you all on the flip side.

Cronos
03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
It was decent. Run cycle looked kind of weird though.

Arch-Angel
03-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Yah, only used a few In-betweens and there was a delay on the steps.
I don't care lol. It's a stick figure animation.

Vile.
03-05-2010, 06:39 AM
I really like the feeling of being on the moon.

Cronos
03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Yah, only used a few In-betweens and there was a delay on the steps.

you care... Deep down you care. But seriously, it was quite sexy.

Arch-Angel
03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I really like the feeling of being on the moon.

It was supposed to be a cliff, but the fact that the moon can have cliffs and the way that it is drawn kind of gives the feeling of being on the moon. Why not?

you care... Deep down you care. But seriously, it was quite sexy.

Well, stick figures are a good base to atart with and get a good idea of movements down, but you cannot go anywhere with them unless you join competitions with cash prizes :/

I'm actually thinking about making a picoday entry for newgrounds. I could win some serious money as long as Johnny Utah doesn't make an entry.

Vile.
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
i ment because your physics are wierd

Tawnik
03-05-2010, 02:15 PM

: (

Arch-Angel
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I love my physics =D

Yet it makes no sense that they could be on the moon because of the physics. The dude isn't in the air long enough.

Cronos
03-06-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm actually thinking about making a picoday entry for newgrounds.

Doooo ittttt nao!

Tortuga
03-06-2010, 02:05 PM
The very beginning was probably the best, after he jumped off the rock it looked a bit choppy but i'm sure you already new that.

Rather decent.

Miccool
03-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Show your fullbody.

Also there are tons just as good Johnny Utah or even better since he's just humour based, so it might be quite hard to place in the top 5... or 10 or w/e.

Arch-Angel
03-07-2010, 12:47 AM
I know.

Drawing Full Body is one thing, animating it is another.
I'm decent at drawing, better at animating frame by frame.

And that's one person, nine more D=

Ssjbryando
03-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Yea the physics are off, and the hit didn't have much force.

But nice. </3 FOR HATING STICKFIGURES lol. I would get movements with sticks 100% down though, since it would be way easier then to get FB down.

But yea you can win some great stuff if you win competitions, but overall sticks would probably make you more (Since its almost impossible to win best of the month on NG with all the great entries. And that alone is like..100 bucks? as well right)

But if you mean as in further in animating, then yes I guess =3

Arch-Angel
03-07-2010, 03:23 AM
I could win best of the month on Newgrounds :/
Not with stickfigres though.

Also. It isn't necessarily me having to work on physics. When I animate seriously, I pend about 80% of the time watching the animation over and over again and revising things. I once spent 3 hours on .7 seconds of an animation because I wanted it to be better than what it was... Which was ****ing sexy. I should post that anim. You would be like, whoaaaaaa.

But that would mean that i'd have to search throughout all of my folders >_>

Scarecrow
03-07-2010, 03:39 AM
do it

Miccool
03-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Yeah, actually it is pretty impossible to win top 5 of the month. Have you seen what's winning these days? Unless they have a terrible month, you better make something rather amazing to even rank. Plus monthly winners are judged by the ppl not by score, so chances are a lot of comedy based anims will win as well.

Scarecrow
03-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Having made the decision to elaborate on my previous post, I'd just like to say:

I'm getting sick of this. As I hope you know, I don't hold grudges, especially for things like this, but I have always been one to give advice to further people's personalities as good people (feel thankful that I don't think you're a lost cause - otherwise i wouldn't be bothering to write a wall of text at you right now). And that's why I'm going to say this now: Demi, you can't keep telling everyone how amazing and great you are at animating if you don't even have anything to show us to prove it.

I've been avoiding making this rant for some time, hoping you might be going through some short, temporary period of mindless, cocky, jackassery, but this has been going for too long and it's time for me to put my foot down.

You have posted absolutely nothing here that reflects even slightly this greatness you keep telling us you are capable of. You say you're mind-blowingly good at animating? That's nice, we don't care. Show us some mind-blowingly good animation and we'll be happy with that statement. You say you can get best of the month? That's nice, we don't care. Go get best of the month, and then maybe we'll give two shits what you think of yourself. Your hollow claims are getting extremely tiresome.

Honestly. "I could win best of the month on Newgrounds :/"? Who the **** do you think you are? You think you can make a claim like that without some evidence to back it up? You think you can even make a claim like that to start with? You think a text emoticon is going to blind us to the huge amounts of cockiness that choke up that sentence? What the hell is this? Someone who wouldn't be immediately considered a jackass would have said "One day, I hope to get best of the month on Newgrounds". But no, you just have to go right out there and tell us that you can. Why haven't you done it yet? You're "too lazy"? You haven't been "animating seriously"? When are you going to start animating seriously? How come, according to you, you are supposed to be some legendary animator, and yet we've never seen anything that surpasses what used to be called intermediate standard from you?

You can't keep giving us this bullshit about how great you are unless you actually post something that proves how great you are. And even then, who the **** do you think you are to go around boasting about it? Have you heard of modesty? Have you no shame? People these days don't even know I used to animate, because I don't make a big deal out of it.

Either go and win best of the month, or shut the **** up and get over yourself.

Deflate your enormous ego you goddamn buffoon.

That is all I have to say on the matter and you should consider this an "intervention" because I still love you :)

Arch-Angel
03-07-2010, 10:42 AM
I ****in love you mayin.
lol

Bonk
03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
...but try and heed his advice. How about you post all your best stuff right now in a thread and we can all make up our own minds?

Miccool
03-07-2010, 07:17 PM
"agreed 100% with scarecrow and bonk."

Also your response seemed rather carefree and sluggish.. Please take his word with more seriousness. kthnx.

Scarecrow
03-07-2010, 08:26 PM
yes plz

Arch-Angel
03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
All in due time, you guiz =D

Bonk
03-07-2010, 09:38 PM
But why not right now?

Arch-Angel
03-07-2010, 10:03 PM
That's like bungie releasing everything about where they are with halo reach right now.

Bonk
03-08-2010, 12:19 AM
No, because we're asking you to show us the equivalent of halo 1,2, and 3 that you keep using as your basis of your skill level.

Covalence
03-08-2010, 08:15 PM
do it before i start animating, so that i can look at your best work and be like "oh hey that's not bad"

Arch-Angel
03-09-2010, 02:30 PM
No, because we're asking you to show us the equivalent of halo 1,2, and 3 that you keep using as your basis of your skill level.

Yeah, I'm definantly saying that I'm that good >_>

@Dark. I may. I really hate stick figures though.
I might have some stuff for you guys that's pretty good.

Then again, everyone on my MSN gets to see shit that the community doesn't, so idk.

Miccool
03-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Add me on msn miccoolssj@hotmail.com

kinto
03-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Then there's me. Just....better.

Arch-Angel
03-09-2010, 09:49 PM
You haven't animated in forever you slut, lol.
I have the ****ing urge to text you now >_>

Steel your xbox from your mom so we can play halo :3

kinto
03-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Ya word. Text me sometime and I'll p33l my sexbox outa my moms overly authoritative grip. Seriously though, I can have it now haha I'm old enough to not take shit anymore. With the courage from a good friend Mr. Jack Daniels, I'll grab it and hop on.