PDA

View Full Version : Some of my Projects (Includes Rocket Boots)

Hermit Solmu
03-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Dudes and guys. I wonder if there's any of you who wonder what I've been up to. Well, here it is, haha. I'm working on a couple bands right now, Rocket Boots, which is a ska/punk number gigging around central Illinois, and SO, which is just a little studio side project me and my buddy do. Check us out.

Rocket Boots recordings (gonna get more up soon):
www.battleofthebands.com/rocketboots

For this one, just to prove I'm not advertising, don't sign up and vote. We don't really care we have enough to qualify. Just wanna show you guys our songs. We should have 1-2 more tracks soon.

System Overflow:
www.myspace.com/sysoverflow

Only one track on there right now, primarily done in FL. Me and my bro need to get some time to track some shit out haha.

Thanks for looking, guys. Lemme know what you think. Love you all.

Exile
03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Rocket Boots is pretty cool, your levels could use some work. The guitar was really quiet.

Teaser was pretty awesome, loved that one.

I had no idea you lived around St. Charles -- I live in Hampshire, where do you guys perform?

Hermit Solmu
03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
We gig out and around Aurora, DeKalb, St. Charles, Glen Ellyn, and Bartlett. Yup yup.

Thanks for the comments man. Yeah all of our recordings are indie so we're learning sound design on the fly haha. The teaser was just me screwing with FL-- SysOv is gonna be so much fun when we get our gear set up.

Thanks a lot man nice to see you again.

limped
03-10-2010, 03:03 PM
TOMOHASHIIIII

I was just thinking about you the other day man, nothing bad, just thinking of the old times.

I've always been a fan of ska, and I think that if you get your levels fixed, as Exiled00d mentioned, you'd have some pretty sick music goin' on.

Exile
03-10-2010, 03:51 PM
DeKalb, huh? If you ever have a show around NIU I'll definitely check it out, that's where I go.

AsSeenOnTV
03-10-2010, 06:26 PM
This reminds me of a band called No Torso. I like this sound so much.

Hermit Solmu
03-16-2010, 10:00 AM
This reminds me of a band called No Torso. I like this sound so much.

Is that about RB or SO? And I will for sure look up No Torso, primarily because that's a badass band name...

And dudeman, we play the House Cafe out in DeKalb every once and awhile. No ****ing way you go to NIU, that's crazy. I'll mos' def' let you know next time we get over there.

Exile
03-16-2010, 10:41 AM
And dudeman

:[

I've been to the House Cafe before, good deal. Definitely let me know when you're playing there

Hermit Solmu
03-18-2010, 06:44 AM
:[

I've been to the House Cafe before, good deal. Definitely let me know when you're playing there

Hahah so I totally was just using dudeman as a creative pronoun. Completely forgot it's relevance on SPP. Recall that I haven't been on in awhile. Is Dudeman still around?

Exile
03-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Oh, haha. Yeah he's an admin.