PDA

View Full Version : Steal the painting

Tork
03-11-2010, 02:48 AM
hiya.
I am making a game, wich is about sneaking through a building, probably a musuem.. not sure yet.
Now this how far i am, i will update it whenever i add some lvls, and stuff.
its far from finished, but i'd like to show you :)

PS. this is my first game ever

PSS. special thanks to: Doc!

http://www.truploader.com/view/214970

EDIT!!
it's finished guys.. this is part 1, there will be a part 2, i'll keep it secret for now.

Play the game right here:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/enimy6/steal-the-painting

Yes, it are different names, but yet.. we are both the same person, okay?

Bonk
03-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Looking good so far!

First of all, though, clean up your hitTesting. You shouldn't be able to go halfway into the wall!
Secondly, some of the guards in the earlier rooms were just guarding empty space that you didn't even have to pass through... why bother with them? Just wall off that space and take out the guards. It may not seem like much, but when games get more complicated one has to think about CPU usage, which means you have to cut unnecessary stuff anyway.

But yeah, the dark room was a bit confusing but overall good work! With some music and a little bit of variety in game play it will be pretty decent!

Wsheerio
03-11-2010, 05:49 AM
In future levels you could add doors and keys to make the game a bit harder, Aside from that. this game seems like it would be a good idea if you went through with it.

Tork
03-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Looking good so far!

First of all, though, clean up your hitTesting. You shouldn't be able to go halfway into the wall!
Secondly, some of the guards in the earlier rooms were just guarding empty space that you didn't even have to pass through... why bother with them? Just wall off that space and take out the guards. It may not seem like much, but when games get more complicated one has to think about CPU usage, which means you have to cut unnecessary stuff anyway.

But yeah, the dark room was a bit confusing but overall good work! With some music and a little bit of variety in game play it will be pretty decent!

Yeah, thanks for the tips :) i'll work on the wall thing.
and maybe these guards are unnecesary indeed.. i'll take em away :d

In future levels you could add doors and keys to make the game a bit harder, Aside from that. this game seems like it would be a good idea if you went through with it.

Hmh, not sure if i'm going to use doors, but maybe i will! thanks :)