PDA

View Full Version : Flash has run out of memory?

Cronos
03-13-2010, 04:03 AM
So I'm working on a project, when Flash suddenly closes with an error message. I re-open and attempt to "test movie". It doesn't load the movie, followed by a message saying "Flash has run out of memory. Close Flash and allocate more memory in the system properties dialogue".

After that, the swf of the fla that I had saved on my desktop dissapeared.

So yeah. Every 5 minutes or so, the swf re appears and Flash starts to work properly again, but then it eventually fails and the same shit happens.

ALSO! it seems to only happen with the fla I am working on. No other flas have the same problem.

Help?

Scarecrow
03-13-2010, 04:10 AM
is the file you're working with particularly large? i used to get the same error trying to open decompiled madness episodes on my old computer because they were too much for my computer to handle all at once.

Cronos
03-13-2010, 06:19 AM
No, thats the thing. Its actually pretty small. Its dimensions are small and its only about 250 frames. I have had 10,000 frame animations that dont get this error.

TurboT
03-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Maybe your save file is full. I take it you don't want to delete any saved animations?

Zed
03-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Have you been importing bmps? That's what tends to do that to mine.

Tawnik
03-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Here are 2 things that I would try,

Save the project to another .fla
Copy all of your frames and paste them in a new .fla
Export your animation (File>export>swf) and import it to new .fla (file > import) then save it as new .fla

If that doesnt help start over.

Cronos
03-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Yep, thats what I did with the part I was working on. Just copied the frames into a new .fla, and it worked fine. Although, if I copy all of them into another .fla, I dont think it will work.

-Fantastic-
03-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Same here but it mine didn't close on my face.
It said"Flash is out of memory, plz save the movie and reset Flash."