PDA

View Full Version : Getting fit

Automaton
03-15-2010, 10:12 AM
So, I want to lose weight and become more fit. I weigh 11 1/2 (161 lbs) stone and am 15, though I don't look quite that fat. I've tried before, but every time I've quit. We're buying a treadmill (not just for me, my mom and sister will use it too), and I'm only going to be eating salad. Anything else I could do? Also, motivation is a big downside for me.

quake
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Eat plenty of meats and shit, lay off soda and fastfood. Work out once a day. Strength and cardio. Join a sports team if possible. Eat good breakfests. Drink plenty of water and just try to stay active at most. I've lost about 20 pounds in a month from working out everyday, walking everynight, watching what I eat, no soda, ect ect. And with me being my size the wrestling coach has gotten me to consider trying for freestyle and greco wrestling, and then next year i'll join the school team. Just stick with it cuh.

TurboT
03-15-2010, 12:57 PM
You could start riding a bike, like a mile a day or something. And only eat 1 burger every 2 months. Work out as much as you can, and try to lay off fast food or soda. Get out and about as much as you can, and that's all really. Do that and you will progress faster than you think.

-Hawk-
03-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Besides eating healthy and working out, make sure you have your meals at the right time. Eat regularly and in good measure. Also, for workout, try a gym. It will be far more efficient than home workout, and you have the mass potential to get really fit (heavy but not fat-looking as you say you are).
Consider your sleep schedule as well. Don't stay up too late, tireness causes disorders, and, well, need for energy, hunger... Regarding motivation, you could make a weight-loss schedule with certain goals, or set yourself a minimum that you want to lose per week or month. I do this sort of scheduling with my homework, and it's very motivational. Good luck! ^_^

Kieran.
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
School have a sports team? Sport you want to do?

Join it/do it. I've been doing them all my life and never felt I have been unfit. Most of my mates who are i sports teams are also very fit.

Oldest but probably most efficient method of being fit. Also improves confidence, strength, team skills and brings you many companionships and friendships.

Gavel
03-15-2010, 02:41 PM
you don't sound that big even for a 15 year old (even though you're about 10 lbs heavier than me). a good way to lose weight is to just stay active. it would help to join a sports team like the others said because you're pretty much forced to work out then. either that or get out and play sports with your friends. it's a good way to stay active and have fun (sorry, there's no multiplayer online or leveling up in the game of "outside")

Covalence
03-15-2010, 02:43 PM
So, I want to lose weight and become more fit. I weigh 11 1/2 (161 lbs) stone and am 15, though I don't look quite that fat. I've tried before, but every time I've quit. We're buying a treadmill (not just for me, my mom and sister will use it too), and I'm only going to be eating salad. Anything else I could do? Also, motivation is a big downside for me.
Doing about 15 minutes on the treadmill should be enough. If you want, start off walking for 10, then slowly go into jogging. As for only eating salad, you don't really have to do that. To start off, I think you should eat foods you normally eat, but only eat portioned amounts, and on a schedule. 4 meals, proportionate so that you don't overeat, but you eat enough. Take this one step at a time.

As for motivation, keep posting daily in this thread or else I'll ridicule you for being a pussy-ass quitter. (Not really)

Exile
03-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Don't just eat salad, most salad dressings are really high in fat and it's overall not a healthy diet.

Brownoser
03-15-2010, 07:39 PM
http://4pack.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/stevia.jpg

height=400 width=400

GreenSheen
03-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Exercise, and lost of it. I lots like 40 pounds myself in like 2 1/2 months with dieting and exercise Feels good man.

Fusion
03-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Salad is for faggots. Just eat regular portions and don't eat ice cream and potato chips and shit every day. Exercise regularly. It's not a great feat.

Ashlander
03-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Do pushups and situps everyday when you wake up and before you go to bed. Just set a certain number to do each time and gradually raise it every few days. You could also do like 5 pyramid pushups, but those are not fun at all, i hated doing them in basic training.

ani
03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Don't just eat salad, you need to eat everything your body needs to be on a healthy diet, meat, dairy, breads, veggies, etc. From personal experience, I'm not a big fan of running on the treadmill; it can get really boring when I'm running over 10 miles, I recommend running outside and find a loop to run. A trail would be a nice area to run if you have any close by. For strength training a good idea would be to do some crunches and push ups when starting, start small and work you way up. For running try to run a 0.5-1 mile for an easy day, then 1.25-1.5 miles for a hard day. Also take the weekend off. Make sure you stretch before and after workouts. The best thing is the dedication and motivation to get fit. Or do a sport at school will really get you in shape.

Ashlander
03-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I just came back add running to my post but i see you beat me to it lol. I would've said more like 3 miles, but i guess thats up to how much time he's willing to spend a day.