PDA

View Full Version : Snap Slide style

RawGreen
03-17-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.truploader.com/view/153683
Experimental style, give it a try, now...NOW.

it's a lazy style for making things appear over powered and having a very fast pace. It seems to work fairly well at the climax of a battle when everyone is powered up and ready to smack jaw.
It snaps to a position or attack and then the smooth flow of movement after-wards until the next attack commences, and repeat.
or
a powerful attack from someone who's already powerful enough as it is.

was fun.

stick B pilli
03-17-2010, 05:54 PM
lol it seems a bit like how rabstar animate

Vendetta
03-17-2010, 07:15 PM
An interesting style, I like it. The only down side to it that I see is that the attacks don't have enough anticipation, and therefor look a bit jerky.

RawGreen
03-17-2010, 07:38 PM
An interesting style, I like it. The only down side to it that I see is that the attacks don't have enough anticipation, and therefor look a bit jerky.

hahah, you can use the style however you want. I just derived this from other animators and put a ton of thought into it.

Tawnik
03-18-2010, 04:09 AM
This is a good idea, but in my personal opinion its really extreme, Id still add a few inbetweens so it looks smoother, because short animations are cool, you know why ? They arent repetitive, you dont have to watch them for 1 minute, they arent boring, you just through like 100 frames and people, watch what I did, but if you were using this style for like 2 minute animation I think it wouldnt be looking that great, it would look a little bit odd, this is just my opinion but I think that this is good only for shorts, not longer animations and I also thing that this is good only for, as you said, making things appear over powered, so combinating this style with some walking or running or jumping might look weird, I dont know, havent seen anyone doing this kind of animation in a while, you can give it try and nicely surprise me.

But yeah, it works, those hits look powerful enough to smash down a guy.
And yes, Vendetta's right, you should definitely add more anticipation for everything, this might be really interesting if you put the anticipation there, because it cant be this "snappy" because anticipation needs to be clear and it needs to be the opposite of what is going to happen, you know what, I start to like this idea, try it out in another animation and post it, I want to see how it looks, add anticipation and walking before he starts to kick and punch around =)

And the last thing that I want to mention is that I have a bad feeling about reactions, about the timing of the second character thats get hit, this guy is like snapping from one to pose to another because he has a lot of power and the other guy thats just affected by the power shouldnt look that snappy, should be more fluid and then comes in place the thing that if you look at the scene, in my opinion, you should really see 2 different types of animation (snappy vs smooth) Buut, these are just my thoughts, Im really looking forward to see how you can handle this.

Good job, keep it up ! :)

Rabstar
03-19-2010, 07:23 AM
lol it seems a bit like how rabstar animate

._.'
I am much better than that :3
Lol jkes. xD
But yeah...wait...Do I even know you!?

RawGreen
03-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Well Tawnik, like I said it's just a style...and well um,...I personally couldn't see a whole animation like this either, but I like your inspirational thoughts and observing. Right now I gotta personally focus on other things like what I'm going to do for the next song I make and school since it's so ****ing important.
But I would like to give what you said a try.

And rabbi, everyone pretty much changes their names too much these days.

stick B pilli
03-20-2010, 01:27 AM
i never changed my name i just saw some of the rabbi animations '