03-18-2010, 02:01 PM
A tribute to Exiled:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/319165

And now for the corny smiley icon :Love<3:

C&C is appreciated.

Exile
03-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Well this is definitely better

My only concern is the progression, it's 4 chords that fit within 2 beats. Typically chords should last a measure or two, otherwise the whole feel of the song just feels very repetitive. The chords are a bit odd, too, I can't say they're "wrong" but you should read into how to develop chord progressions. What chords should follow what chords, cadences, how to use inversions, etc. There's some good stuff online but I can't specifically direct you to any of it, it's been a while. You obviously don't need to follow any of those "rules" but it'll give you a better idea of what you're doing later on.

My favorite thing about this song is the beat, especially later on. The piano is interesting but it sounds a bit random. You should focus on catchy, simpler melodies for now, and once you get a more natural ear for what sounds good, you can try going for really complex stuff.

Another thing to work on would be transitions, you kind of just drop things out and bring them right back in. Use stuff like crashes/reverse crashes, snare roll/kick roll buildups, reverse kicks, stuff to give things like the heavier beat more impact when it's dropped in.

This is definitely a better effort than your other tracks, good job.