PDA

View Full Version : OGrilla's Write-OFF

OGrilla
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
What is this? Who am I? Does anyone know what's going on?

Coming to the rescue is I, the only member capable of bringing truth and justice and fun to this forum, yet I stay in the dark and prefer to watch as the world crumbles. So for your entertainment and perhaps your confidence, I will host the challenge called for by one unmentionable who decided to take it upon himself to judge you. In his place, you have OGrilla. You're welcome, all.

Please, post links to stories, rather than posting them in this thread. I would prefer to visit or open them in a program meant for reading text as opposed to scrolling through a block of words in this rather unfriendly format.

The rules are minimal:
-Any genre.
-Any style: prose, rhyme, no punctuation etc
-Must be a story with a compelling conflict, though exceptions will be based on writing ability and appeal.
-The size is really a huge variable, though I will have to say that more than three pages in 12pt Time New Roman, single spaced and properly justified is going to be the maximum. If you can do more with less, amazing and all the better.

I would like to be the only judge, but as I have a biased taste for literature, we will have a poll. However, votes will only count if the voters review each piece and write at least one full sentence on each in their post.

Deadline will be made after the roster is full, but it will likely last a while. I am definitely entering into this competition, so please bring all your talent to the table if you're going to compete.

Awards will be given to the top three winners and they will not disappoint, so if you're willing and able, get your fingers to tappin'.

The tentative deadline is April 10, 2010. Open to a vote for a one week extension if necessary.

Entrants:
1 OGrilla
2 Zed
3 Devour
4 Lupercus
5 Bonk
6 Chunky
7 A Kindly Gentleman
8 Smashdudd

Zed
03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I will join this. I have been very much in the mood for wall o' text construction this week, but haven't had the planning permission.

Devour
03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Sure, I'll join this.
Now to think of something to write about

Lupercus
03-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Why not... I'll post one of my stories already made because I don't have time right now. I might later but for now, here http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113036.

Bonk
03-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah I'll give it a shot, considering I can't do flash and I feel like contributing.

OGrilla
03-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Sorry, Lupercus, I'd like to have an original, solo project. You're asking for help and I realize you haven't gotten any yet, but I'd prefer they all be revealed at the same time so the judging process is less biased toward entries that have a head start on gaining popularity.

Feel free to work on another one, though.

And now that we have five competitors, I'll set up an end date. This competition will never run out of empty spots, though, so any and all who want to enter can.

Chunky
03-19-2010, 05:30 PM
i may give writing a go, although i will almost definitely forget

ahaha i've done 3 pages of 12 times new roman, do you want it pm'd to you or posted itt?

OGrilla
03-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Hold onto it until the voting begins. They'll all be revealed at the same time for a fairer chance of winning.

Zed
03-21-2010, 02:42 AM
I can't decide whether to do a poem or a story. Or both. A story would probably get more votes, but a poem would be more literaturarily high quality. Doing a story with a poem in it is what I'm thinking right now, but I worry that it'll sound too forced and people will ignore the quality of the poem to judge the story. Oh, the troubles of a writer.

And literaturarily is totally a word.

Bonk
03-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Oh, that reminds me. Are we aiming for literary merit or popularity?

OGrilla
03-21-2010, 10:41 PM
I want it to be on quality writing rather than popularity so go all out with your mastery of the english language. However I cant say people wont vote on what they enjoyed the most regardless of skill.

Devour
03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I'd be voting for what writing I enjoyed reading the most, and not which one had the biggest words in it, if I was voting.

A Kindly Gentleman
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
I want in on this.

Smashdood
03-22-2010, 01:38 PM
I would like to join as well.

OGrilla
03-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Done and done.

Vorpal
03-29-2010, 03:19 PM
In .