PDA

View Full Version : My first pivot

Miccool
03-20-2010, 10:44 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2896/particle1.gif

the large end thingy sucks.. but it's so goddamn hard to delete everything. GOD.

Edit:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6151/firststickanim.gif
First Pivot with a stick man

Mark
03-21-2010, 12:09 AM
I QUALIFY THIS THREAD AS EPIC WIN!!!!!!

But thats only because its your first and youve already masterd particles.
Now you must work on foot placement.
Any further questions Just ask.
Nice job
(Secretly wants to Strangle)

Cronos
03-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Fcuk u Micheal.

One try and your already better than me :O

Miccool
03-21-2010, 01:08 AM
no uu .

Zed
03-21-2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah, you're right, the big particle didn't work. I'd have been tempted to fade it out just before it stopped first time. Besides that one little bit, it's really good. The constraints of the programme obviously mean they don't look as good as your flashes, but you can still see all the skill coming through.

bubbles
03-21-2010, 07:38 AM
On the second one the feet were terribly shaky (allthough I'm not really perfect at it either) But I like them.

zawmbee
03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Wait, what? It must be opposite day. Later, off to make a flash animation.

TurboT
03-21-2010, 09:11 AM
The animation is quite cool, but you can't really tell what he's doing if you take a single glance at it for a couple of seconds. The feet are very shakey, so you need to improve on that too. Maybe slow it down a little bit then it will be recognizable.

Saha
03-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Its easy once you get used to it Mic. If you pratice for about a few more times, you'd beat DoD.

Miccool
03-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I still don't get how ppl notice the feet so well. I personally can barely notice it...

bubbles
03-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I still don't get how ppl notice the feet so well. I personally can barely notice it...It's like how flasher notice resizing or wobblyness, we just KNOW.

Zed
03-21-2010, 01:00 PM
I still don't get how ppl notice the feet so well. I personally can barely notice it...

If you hang around down here for a while you'll see foot placement's a big problem for loads of people. It's harder to get it right in pivot because you can't resize the limbs at all. Natural selection breaks people who don't learn to look at feet in terms of individual pixels.

Cronos
03-21-2010, 06:57 PM

People tend to notice alot more in pivot. Seeing as most pivoteers go for complete smooth flowing things. And also, if you tried to animate the same way as what you do in flash, it would probably look crap. Its wierd.

Miccool
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't think it looks like crap cause it looks like my flash, Pivot users would or so it seems. Also foot placement is retarded, so if some guy makes an amazing pivot animation but has fairly poor foot placement, ppl would think it sucks?

megaanims
03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't think it looks like crap cause it looks like my flash, Pivot users would or so it seems. Also foot placement is retarded, so if some guy makes an amazing pivot animation but has fairly poor foot placement, ppl would think it sucks?
Foot placement is important in pivot,if someone did make an great animation but has bad foot placement it kinda ruins it really,just like what the other guy said it's like how you notice resizing or wobblyness in flash animations.

Zed
03-22-2010, 01:14 PM

Wouldn't think it sucked. It would just be hard to do. It would tend to come across as shakiness, and, because of the nature of pivot, wrong foot placement has a knock on effect on the rest of the positions in each frame which can make them look wrong.

Your animation is actually one example of a pivot with poor foot placement that still does look good - it's just that people down here don't know you so well and are programmed to point out whatever flaws they can see so they latch on to the only one available.

bubbles
03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't think it sucked. It would just be hard to do. It would tend to come across as shakiness, and, because of the nature of pivot, wrong foot placement has a knock on effect on the rest of the positions in each frame which can make them look wrong.

Your animation is actually one example of a pivot with poor foot placement that still does look good - it's just that people down here don't know you so well and are programmed to point out whatever flaws they can see so they latch on to the only one available.
It's not our fault, it's just what whe're programed to do :/