PDA

View Full Version : Hand Haiku Illistration

Kitsune
04-20-2008, 02:49 AM
I made a haiku after making a drawing. It's a bit gay, but it sorta works with the okay drawing.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/sertymopler/art/HandHaiku.jpg

It isn't so bad, right? I just drew a candle on a mat, then drew a hand over it. I thought of a semi-neat haiku after seeing the final product, so I put it on...

C&C as much as you guys can please.

The heat of your blood
Is candles in a dark room
To be put out soon.
~Marc K

Bubba Jones
04-20-2008, 02:51 AM
woops! i think you put a candle in his hand.

Kitsune
04-20-2008, 03:00 AM
woops! i think you put a candle in his hand.

Lol, Avatar matches your 911 post count.

Seriously, any C&C?

LakE
04-20-2008, 03:52 PM
It looks as though you've traced around your own hand.
I don't know, it's just.. I dis-like it. Maybe it's the sketchy shading style you've added. it's good work, but, yeah.
don't have much to say, can't pinpoint what i think is off, sorry.

Kitsune
04-20-2008, 06:17 PM
It looks as though you've traced around your own hand.
I don't know, it's just.. I dis-like it. Maybe it's the sketchy shading style you've added. it's good work, but, yeah.
don't have much to say, can't pinpoint what i think is off, sorry.

If you look at the actual picture of my hand next to the actual picture of this drawing, you'll see that the drawing is 1.5 times bigger on the hand part. I looked and drew for practice. :3

Bubba Jones
04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
get a new hand to draw with.

OGrilla2
04-21-2008, 07:26 AM
The fingers are rather thick, the palm isn't long enough and the flesh for the pinky finger is further down his arm than it should be. I like the drawing, though, and the haiku was creative.

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 06:09 PM
get a new hand to draw with.
I'll be doing different portraits of different items. Hands are for pracice. I'll be doing them a lot though. :P

The fingers are rather thick, the palm isn't long enough and the flesh for the pinky finger is further down his arm than it should be. I like the drawing, though, and the haiku was creative.
I look at my hand, and yeah, my fingers are much more proportionally skinny, and my palm is taller. Nice catch. I'll look out more in my proportions in my next drawings. The pinky is positioned when I looked at my hand about the same, but it is a tad low to a normal hand. The pinky position bothered me while drawing. =/

Thanks for saying it was creative. :3

the afro ninja
04-22-2008, 01:55 AM
All that I can see that should change is the thumb. Move it closer to the Index Finger and try making it a bit thicker. The candle looks wierd, make it taller and/or make it look like melted wax. I think the drawing bundled with the poem really completes the idea. Nice work Kit. ;)

Kitsune
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
All that I can see that should change is the thumb. Move it closer to the Index Finger and try making it a bit thicker. The candle looks wierd, make it taller and/or make it look like melted wax. I think the drawing bundled with the poem really completes the idea. Nice work Kit. ;)

The candle is of it's own kind. There are small candles out there just like that! :3

I thought the thumb looked fine. =/ I see some shading was a bit off. I have a skinny thumb. =/

Jackanack
04-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Dude. His hand's on fire o.0

the afro ninja
04-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Dude. His hand's on fire o.0

Wow, what a really gay newshit post. Read the description, in symbotic asshole.