PDA

View Full Version : download my computer game!

bobthekilla
03-28-2010, 11:56 AM
www.filehosting.org/file/details/128061/mega_grav.exe

its thread got deleted for some reason................

anyway its a pretty fun game called mega grav.

Zed
03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Because it seemed like advertising. Failing that, you can go in community originals which I just remembered exists.

Edit: well I never. It's not actually a virus or anything. I've never used that programme before so I don't know how advanced what you made was, but it was moderately fun until the blue balls went crazy at which point it became impossible. Maybe some way to randomise levels or something would be better, and a points system. Still, good work.

Peppar
03-28-2010, 05:18 PM
www.filehosting.org/file/details/128061/mega_grav.exe

its thread got deleted for some reason................

anyway its a pretty fun game called mega grav. Its good your experimenting with codes. But I reccomend flash for game making.

Wartooth
03-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Why would you recommend flash for game making,
Flash may be ABLE to make games be it isn't made for game making. It's also quite useless, unless you're planning on basing it plainly on web design.

Now, if it were I who was making games, I would choose a program which can build applications.
Unity is cool, GameSalad is good for Mac applications and iPhone Apps but there's no 3d, Xcode is a great mac programming tool as is Visual Basic for windows.
I personally use RealBasic whenever I program something, but people usually hate that as you'd have to learn a new language to use it.

doc
03-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Why would you recommend flash for game making,
Flash may be ABLE to make games be it isn't made for game making. It's also quite useless, unless you're planning on basing it plainly on web design.

Now, if it were I who was making games, I would choose a program which can build applications.
Unity is cool, GameSalad is good for Mac applications and iPhone Apps but there's no 3d, Xcode is a great mac programming tool as is Visual Basic for windows.
I personally use RealBasic whenever I program something, but people usually hate that as you'd have to learn a new language to use it.

Actually, flash is great for game making. The only problem is that it costs a lot of money, but the vast majority of online games are made with flash. I honstly don't like game maker that much, just because of its simplicity and graphics. I've honestly never used it, but ive never seen a great game made from that.
As much as the game itself is concerned, its a very good idea. It's something original, i've never seen it before. So for that i applaud you. However, it is VERY basic, and the coding is pretty rudimentary, but that may be just because of the program you used. I would definitely recommend switching to something else.
Anyway, nice job overall. And uh... ya, thats it lol

Wartooth
03-31-2010, 11:47 AM
I was stating that Flash isn't the best because it's geared towards webgames.
If you work with VisualBasic, you could build an Xbox 360 game or an actual windows game, one that could be burned on a cd and sold.
VisualBasic is also free, and if you want to build Xbox 360 games with it it costs 100 bucks to join the community where you can do that.
Flash can't compile on its own thus you can't make a standalone application with it.
Many other programs can create standalones.
Look at Unity,
It has the simplicity in coding, as flash does, but it's made for 3D.
Flash, well, as you CAN do 3D, it's not really the best idea.

If you're making games,
create something with a real dev kit like Unity, REALBasic, VisualBasic, Xcode, GameSalad, etc etc etc.

doc
03-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Oh, I see what you're saying. Well I guess that depends on personal preference, and what kind of games he wants to make.