PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah, song search

‹berschall
04-20-2008, 09:20 AM
There's that song you propably know, where the chorus is all like "Hallelujah". Pretty slow and a little older. Tell me what it is. there's too many songs called hallelujah and I don't remember enough of the lyrics.

Sunder Forge
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Do you mean the one used in Shrek one?
Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright

StrunG
04-20-2008, 02:28 PM
The original version was by Leonard Cohen. The one that you're probably looking for is either by Jeff Buckley or Rufus Wainwright, like grubber said.

Also, if you're not looking for a specific version, Damien Rice does a pretty good cover of it.

‹berschall
04-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Ahhhhhhh thanks strung. It was indeed Jeff Buckley's version I had heard at CSI Miami or House, iono. Well thanks a lot, Rice's version's also very nice. I hate Wainwright's version though.

Covalence
04-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Bon Jovi has also done a cover of the song, the one I first listened to was this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rlc4HspgPU

Try to excuse the bad quality. Look for a different video if you can.

StrunG
04-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Ahhhhhhh thanks strung. It was indeed Jeff Buckley's version I had heard at CSI Miami or House, iono. Well thanks a lot, Rice's version's also very nice. I hate Wainwright's version though.

No problem. I actually found all that because I was listening to some Damien Rice about a week ago and then I felt compelled to find the original.