PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Fantasy 3020

RawGreen
04-01-2010, 11:42 PM
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/322550

Story for the music is on the site.

I'll be perfectly honest, I never wanted this song to end. I cut out an extra minute to shrink it into a more variable sounding song and less repetitive.
One of the things I had trouble with was the volume of bass next to the volume of the sub-lead(during the middle).

I tried hard to get the strings to not click while making it sound spacey. The cut and res proved to make it a little troublesome, but it sounds alright and you can still follow the chords.

I avoided adding an actual bass because it clashed with the other dark or deep tones. Therefore I placed this under New-Wave since it's not actually DeeBee or Techno.

RawGreen
04-03-2010, 11:24 AM
boump .

slipnkot3k
04-03-2010, 01:51 PM
thats cool in a wierd way

Fairytail
04-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I like it, the song is a joy for the ear. It's not completely what I like, I was missing some... speed, bass, some power! But hey, that's what I like.
The song is really relaxing and you definately have talent! Love to hear more of you.
Keep it up.

Exile
04-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I avoided adding an actual bass because it clashed with the other dark or deep tones. Therefore I placed this under New-Wave since it's not actually DeeBee or Techno.

oh dear, don't do that

When a bass would get in the way of low pads, you need to cut the lower frequencies of those pads out. This song would have benefited so much from a gritty saw bass underneath everything, and I think the pads have a bit too much going on in the lower freqs anyway

I honestly don't like the main synth. What it plays sounds a bit random and the way it sounds, it has absolutely no.. I don't know, subtlety? It's very exposed and doesn't blend well with all the dark elements in the track. Put some reverb and delay on your lead synths, too, it helps fill up the song.

Awesome job with the percussion though. The kick could use some more power, maybe compress it a bit?

RawGreen
04-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, Fairytale, glad to see someone new on the forum. Glad to have you here !

Hmm, Exile, I get what you mean on everything else, however, I don't understand how you want me to compress the kick, as in make it louder or more pact ?

Exile
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Bit of both, it's kind of dull and too quiet as is