PDA

View Full Version : A clean slate

bubbles
04-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi, you homies in the pivot section have propably heard of me. But pivot, well it's gotten boring. And I don't have the money (yet) for flash, so the closest substitute is easytoon. So I'm gonna be hanging around here a lot longer. Cause at the moment I suck at eztoon and I'm starting from basics again, so please give detailed critisizm on my animations cause it's what I really need.
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2438/myfirsteztoonwalkingani.gif
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7008/easytoonballanimation.gif
CC?

bubbles
04-03-2010, 09:27 AM
>.>

This place is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaddddd.

bubbles
04-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I bet I could post dozens of random comments and no-one would even care would they? I mean I wouldn't mind cause it's just been a day but it's not even had any views. At all. NO-ONE has clicked on this thread, nevermind comment on it. Oh god, poppet was right! SPP IS DIEING!!

Tortuga
04-03-2010, 10:42 AM
>.>

This place is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaddddd.

That's an understatement.

Now for the walk.

It appears that you looped half of a walk sequence, if you want it to look like the arms and legs are actually switching then go ahead and loop a full sequence. That is something i used to have trouble with but doing that seems to have helped me at least. The arms don't look like they are switching to be honest, and the legs are a bit iffy, but still better than the arms.
Now, in depth on those arms.
The front arm, when reaching the point where it is supposed to switch to the backside, isn't being lowered enough to give the illusion that it is switching, and then when it goes out, it seems to jitter quite a bit.
The back arm, it looks like you were going for a bit of flowyness on this one and it was looking good until it abruptly stopped, if you wanted to keep the flowyness then you need to have that forearm swing to a point where it is bending just a bit backwards, rather than how it is supposed to bend. If you were going for a more realistic fashion, than you should not have the forearm swinging anymore than the other part of the arm (what is this called?).
Not much to say about the back as it seems pretty static.
The legs.
The legs seem to be looped better than the arms but still look a bit off.
They are spread to far apart, this can be done but i suggest you save that for a later date as it doesn't look very good right now.
The back leg, which is supposed to switch into the front leg, picks itself up and moves too quickly to the point where it is supposed to switch, if you can make that a bit more fluid that would help.
The front leg, doesn't move it's thigh nearly enough in comparison to the shin, and the shin seems a bit jittery.

Now for the ball animation.

The initial movement. Its horizontal movement starts off really slowly, then you tried to put some heavy spacing on the gravity, when you do that you can not increase the horizontal movement, for when something is falling in the air, its horizontal movement will stay constant while the vertical movement will increase exponentially. In your animation the ball starts to move at a pace it did not have in the original movements which will throw off the entire animation.
Also if you are going to heavy space the first bounce, then go ahead and give that second bounce a higher vertical max, and heavy space that movement, dim down the heavy spacing a bit on the third bounce, and from there on you probably don't have enough space to be heavy spacing anything.
I have no idea what happened on the last couple of bounces but it didn't look right. The one thing i noticed is that the ball lost it's momentum way to quickly, the only way something is to lose its horizontal momentum is by air friction, and surface friction, i assume you are not applying air friction, cause that isn't really necessary in a animation such as this, which leaves you with only one way to slow down the ball, surface friction. This means that the only way the ball will slow down is when it's on the ground, and because it's not going to be on the ground very long when it bounces it is only going to slow down when all vertical movement is gone and it is rolling across the ground, which definitely didn't happen.

If any of that confused you, just ask.

Edit: Holy shit that post took me over 10 minutes.

bubbles
04-03-2010, 11:02 AM
That's an understatement.

Now for the walk.

It appears that you looped half of a walk sequence, if you want it to look like the arms and legs are actually switching then go ahead and loop a full sequence. That is something i used to have trouble with but doing that seems to have helped me at least. The arms don't look like they are switching to be honest, and the legs are a bit iffy, but still better than the arms.
Now, in depth on those arms.
The front arm, when reaching the point where it is supposed to switch to the backside, isn't being lowered enough to give the illusion that it is switching, and then when it goes out, it seems to jitter quite a bit.
The back arm, it looks like you were going for a bit of flowyness on this one and it was looking good until it abruptly stopped, if you wanted to keep the flowyness then you need to have that forearm swing to a point where it is bending just a bit backwards, rather than how it is supposed to bend. If you were going for a more realistic fashion, than you should not have the forearm swinging anymore than the other part of the arm (what is this called?).
Not much to say about the back as it seems pretty static.
The legs.
The legs seem to be looped better than the arms but still look a bit off.
They are spread to far apart, this can be done but i suggest you save that for a later date as it doesn't look very good right now.
The back leg, which is supposed to switch into the front leg, picks itself up and moves too quickly to the point where it is supposed to switch, if you can make that a bit more fluid that would help.
The front leg, doesn't move it's thigh nearly enough in comparison to the shin, and the shin seems a bit jittery.

Now for the ball animation.

The initial movement. Its horizontal movement starts off really slowly, then you tried to put some heavy spacing on the gravity, when you do that you can not increase the horizontal movement, for when something is falling in the air, its horizontal movement will stay constant while the vertical movement will increase exponentially. In your animation the ball starts to move at a pace it did not have in the original movements which will throw off the entire animation.
Also if you are going to heavy space the first bounce, then go ahead and give that second bounce a higher vertical max, and heavy space that movement, dim down the heavy spacing a bit on the third bounce, and from there on you probably don't have enough space to be heavy spacing anything.
I have no idea what happened on the last couple of bounces but it didn't look right. The one thing i noticed is that the ball lost it's momentum way to quickly, the only way something is to lose its horizontal momentum is by air friction, and surface friction, i assume you are not applying air friction, cause that isn't really necessary in a animation such as this, which leaves you with only one way to slow down the ball, surface friction. This means that the only way the ball will slow down is when it's on the ground, and because it's not going to be on the ground very long when it bounces it is only going to slow down when all vertical movement is gone and it is rolling across the ground, which definitely didn't happen.

If any of that confused you, just ask.

Edit: Holy shit that post took me over 10 minutes.Ah, thank you so much man. Oh and btw are you the only person who posts here now?

bubbles
04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Here I was just practising my drawing skills.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/82/easytoonthingywierdthin.gifThat's wierd, the framerate's gotton lower.

Opted
04-03-2010, 03:38 PM
The walk loop is a little weird.
1.)Try to make it so the legs move together and apart at the same increments, right now it seems you have one sliding past the other at a faster pace.
2.)Also put emphasis on each step, make sure to make it obvious that the stick figure is putting weight on its feet. An obvious way to show this, is to make the stick figure bob down as his knee bends while he pulls through with each step.

Those are the main points you should be focusing on, but also try making the whole thing more fluid. Apply easing to each arm that is about to come back down, etc. It is all about attention to detail.

The ball animation is alright, although you kind messed up with the small bounces at the end. The ball shouldn't be able to pull to the right so fast after bouncing already. (Again, just attention to detail)

I don't know what to say about your latest animation. :U But, you seem to be on the right track. Keep at it.

bubbles
04-06-2010, 08:25 AM
2 new animations here...
beam test using fo-shizzle's tutorial
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/381959eztoonbeamtest.gif
particle/explosion test
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/790785eztoonexplosion.gif

VirusX
04-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Honestly, I think you're better at physics than me. I dunno how the higher-ups think about my particles, and smoke. Which, if I do say so myself, are my forte. So if you need any help with effects, I could try to help you with anything I know.

But you should go to a pro for the physics. 'Cuz I don't know what the **** I'm doing when it comes to physics.

Edit:
Is there a filter set for me? Or are you just not allowed to "swear" in the forums?

bubbles
04-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Honestly, I think you're better at physics than me. I dunno how the higher-ups think about my particles, and smoke. Which, if I do say so myself, are my forte. So if you need any help with effects, I could try to help you with anything I know.

But you should go to a pro for the physics. 'Cuz I don't know what the **** I'm doing when it comes to physics.
Why thank you :D and yes I would like help with the effects cause I think that's what makes an eztoon animation look awsome.

VirusX
04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Well first, if you don't mind, I'd like you to make animations showing what you can do with what I'm best at.

Make a dash test animation.

Then make an in-air dash test animation.

Then we'll find something new to go onto from there. Sound good?

bubbles
04-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Well first can I show you what I've just been doing?

VirusX
04-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah, go ahead.

You can start on the other, test animations whenever you're ready.
I'll be around to help you continue whenever you do.

bubbles
04-06-2010, 09:00 AM
:D
It's a random combo...
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/624990veryawsomeeasytoonanimation.gifAllso I need help with how to save it properly :P

Zed
04-06-2010, 09:15 AM
'Cuz I don't know what the **** I'm doing when it comes to physics.

Edit:
Is there a filter set for me? Or are you just not allowed to "swear" in the forums?

Yeah, it automatically filters the words fuck, cunt, and Bethany. Something to do with the advertisers. There're a couple more too apparently but I haven't found them yet.

bubbles
04-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah, it automatically filters the words fuck, cunt, and Bethany. Something to do with the advertisers. There're a couple more too apparently but I haven't found them yet.
O_O

Filter fail.

Zed
04-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Special people know how to bypass the filters :)

bubbles
04-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Special people know how to bypass the filters :)What do you mean by "special"?
Zed... is there something your not telling us?
EDIT: btw virus heres that dash animation you asked for...
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/198780eztoondashanimation.gifI REALLY need to know how to save these buggers properly.

the darkest white
04-07-2010, 01:46 AM
The dash needs more anticipation, also the speed lines you added just before he dashed looked terrible. What frame rate are you using?

bubbles
04-07-2010, 02:59 AM
The dash needs more anticipation, also the speed lines you added just before he dashed looked terrible. What frame rate are you using?20fps, but the gif rapes it.

VirusX
04-07-2010, 04:33 AM
I'll work on one in a bit and* post it. Just a simple one.

VirusX
04-07-2010, 06:32 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/097/6/0/Simple_stickdash_by_Mephisto_C.gif

I tried to go a bit easy on the effects this time, I'll save it for the number two test. To try and see what the best-looking dash test is I can make. ;)

As you can see, I added a little cloud of dust to shoot up when he moves.

Because he's kicking off, with so much force (Hopefully my animation has a little life in it) that he's basically teleporting. Thus, the dust shooting up from beneath his feet.

The lines at the end were an attempt to show some detail in his movement and not make it look like he was just

starting here [ A ] And then unnaturally appearing.... [ B ] Way over here. :p

Well, for better effects, study how the speedlines at the end when he appears at the end of the screen from his dash, reduce to particles, to nothing.

Practice them yourself, and when you get good at them, you can easily move on to a more complex form of particles.

P.S. I hope someone can teach me a little more of the basics, though. I think my physics are horrible.

*Edit*
I'm also aware that his body gets smaller when he appears after the dash. Nothing I can do about it, now.

*Edit # 2*
Oh hell. I forgot to add my signature. God damn a bear.

bubbles
04-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanx, oh btw, how do I get my animations to not look all pixilated and horrible? I'm currently using the 3 beta version.

VirusX
04-07-2010, 07:34 AM
What do you mean by pixilated?

bubbles
04-07-2010, 09:14 AM
What do you mean by pixilated?
Where everythings a little square. pah never mind.

VirusX
04-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah...? Eztoon is a gif animation program. If you wanted all the lines to have a smoother definition, you should go with a different program.

If that's what you meant.

bubbles
04-07-2010, 10:01 AM
New animation.
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8705/eztoonstickscuicide.gif

Kieran.
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey dude, looking awesome with easytoon, I suggest you keep using it.

For the time being, I recommend you to increase the thickness and try to keep the figures less stiff. Remember in easytoon, If you draw a frame that looks nothing like a stick figure, it will still turn out all right.

bubbles
04-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey dude, looking awesome with easytoon, I suggest you keep using it.

For the time being, I recommend you to increase the thickness and try to keep the figures less stiff. Remember in easytoon, If you draw a frame that looks nothing like a stick figure, it will still turn out all right.
^^ Why thank you, I didn't think I was any good at eztoon.

VirusX
04-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Aw, I wasn't trying to say you weren't good by making an animation that... Looks a little bit better..

I'm sure that someone out there has a big list of flaws they see in my animations that they just don't feel like telling me, because the list is too long.

Lol, seriously though. You should ask a pro to teach you. I'm still learning much, myself. :o

bubbles
04-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok...DAAAAARRRK!!!!

the darkest white
04-08-2010, 03:57 PM
*wakes up* yea, wadda ya want?

bubbles
04-09-2010, 05:16 AM
*wakes up* yea, wadda ya want?Could ye help me with mah easytoons?

Kieran.
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Thats like saying to god : Can you help me with building the earth?

bubbles
04-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Thats like saying to god : Can you help me with building the earth?Hahahaha...lol.
Anyway, I have an animation :D
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/665103eztoonsmokereffecty.gifI think it's my best to date and REEAAALLLYYY likes it. :3

Sumfink
04-09-2010, 01:25 PM
An explosion needs particles. Real particles, not shading. A big flash or something at the beginning would also be cool.

I'm a noob at EZToon, but this is the one thing I do really well. Trust me.

Tortuga
04-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Thats like saying to god : Can you help me with building the earth?

But don't worry, i got god to say yes.

Covalence
04-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Ok...DAAAAARRRK!!!!

what do you want

Kieran.
04-10-2010, 03:12 AM
what do you want

hahahah,

But about the animation. You should make it disappear at different speeds, so the top slower than the bottom, or the left quicker than the right. And generally it should have one prominent direction.

bubbles
04-10-2010, 03:32 AM
*wakes up* yea, wadda ya want?

what do you want
Huh? now im rather confused. Well I guess 2 is allways better then 1 ^^
Anyway, how can I make my eztoons better? Any tips?

the darkest white
04-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Hmmm, the explosion was too basic, its more of a rapidly disappearing dust cloud.

It needs particles and more explodey effects, like shockwaves and spikes n stuff. Also, it should stick around a tad longer.

bubbles
04-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Hmmm, the explosion was too basic, its more of a rapidly disappearing dust cloud.

It needs particles and more explodey effects, like shockwaves and spikes n stuff. Also, it should stick around a tad longer.Right, what about this?
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/829085eztooncloudexplosionmancloudexplosion.gif Oh and I made a random sword combo too.
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/007797eztoonswordcombo.gif

Sumfink
04-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Lol, looks like he's swinging a baseball bat.

It's not just the outline of the explosion that should break up, theoretically it's a cloud of dust and debris so there should be lots of particles inside it too.

bubbles
04-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Lol, looks like he's swinging a baseball bat.

It's not just the outline of the explosion that should break up, theoretically it's a cloud of dust and debris so there should be lots of particles inside it too.

Aaaah man, I hate particles.

Vendetta
04-11-2010, 01:52 AM
2 new animations here...
beam test using fo-shizzle's tutorial
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/381959eztoonbeamtest.gif
particle/explosion test
http://www.truploader.com/uploads/790785eztoonexplosion.gif
I would take out the blacked out frame, it doesn't do anything for the animation. And the particles in the second one looked great, I never thought of doing them that way

bubbles
04-11-2010, 03:54 AM
I would take out the blacked out frame, it doesn't do anything for the animation. And the particles in the second one looked great, I never thought of doing them that wayI like it, I think it gives them power.

the darkest white
04-11-2010, 05:32 AM
The blacked out frame can be useful sometimes, but don't use it too much k?

The new explosion, tbh, was worse than the first, maybe you should try something more basic, like particles, then come back to explosions.

The sword was too fast, it needs more anticipation and a lot more easing and that screen shake was way off. When making a screen shake like that you have to lessen the amount that the screen moves with each shake. So say it goes 3 pixels, then 2, then 1. Easy ya?

I think its fair to say that when drawing a sword, it needs to be straight and pointy, not squiggly and blobby. Also, a little trail might not hurt.