PDA

View Full Version : [Scarecrow] centerrotation.gif

Scarecrow
04-16-2010, 11:20 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2qm19c5.jpg

credits to bolt for the stick

Arch-Angel
04-16-2010, 11:45 PM
I don't know how good you've been, but it needs a lot of work if you're serious about animating it and trying to get better.

Scarecrow
04-17-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't know how good you've been, but it needs a lot of work if you're serious about animating it and trying to get better.

i know, i haven't animated in quite a while. thing is, nowadays i just animate something small like this every couple months or something and it's always of mediocre standard. i have no time, motivation or inspiration to keep me going

after i'm done with year 12, i'll likely be getting serious again

Gyohdonz
04-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Holy shit, didn't know you animate.

Looks like you were good, but a lil rusty eh?

Zed
04-17-2010, 06:18 AM
I like the floor splinters and stuff. That bit was well done. I think the main issue was the physics, and the way he started or stopped turning in mid air. There was also some shakiness on the arms and a lack of easing on the crouch.

So yeah, not exactly your best, but I think you know that and when you get started again properly you'll be awesome again in no time.

AsSeenOnTV
04-17-2010, 08:34 AM
The camera shake was off and the splinters should have bounced more, or at least differently. I think this is only the second animation I've ever seen from you.

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 11:16 AM
You have to at least appreciate the fact that he never moved the orange dot on the stick figure, so he had to move all of the limbs and all of the scenery accordingly.
Which is harder to do.

Vorpal
04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
You have to at least appreciate the fact that he never moved the orange dot on the stick figure, so he had to move all of the limbs and all of the scenery accordingly.
Which is harder to do.

True that, dragora.

Oblivion EX
04-17-2010, 05:50 PM
God, it's been ages since I've seen your stuff, and yeah, I know you know it's not as good as your usual stuff, but God am I glad to see that you will soon be getting serious about this again.

Vendetta
04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
omg, all of the old retired animators of SPP should get together and do a collab. That would be amazing.

On the animation, it's not bad, but as Zed said the physics were the main problem. A few of the movements were pretty shaky too. Don't stop!

Scarecrow
04-17-2010, 08:32 PM
You know, i just realized i don't think i have ever made a non-one-sided 1v1 fight animation. i think i'll do that right now