PDA

View Full Version : C&C Carefully

Peppar
04-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Can you see anything i need to work on? I did not see any flaws. http://filebox.me/files/002wr268g_asdert.gif The PIV file: http://pivotup.com/files/4qv0rcyt.piv

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Here's a constructive idea, how about you actually animate a few realistic movements that make sense and then ask us. Everything is wrong with this >_>

Peppar
04-17-2010, 08:08 PM
1. I want you to c&c this movement. foot placement, easing, smoothness, flow, ect. If i need to improve on those things.

2. Take a break from: <_< I have seen that in almost evrey one of your posts.

Mark
04-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Here's a constructive idea, how about you actually animate a few realistic movements that make sense and then ask us. Everything is wrong with this >_>
How's about this you quit being a prick and give some decent C&C :3
What I want to know is how youll bully on people you know Arnt that expirenced but you wont comment on someones thread like Jutsu's, zed's, or mines?
I know it must be hard to say something nice but at least try to give a LITTLE bit of helpful advice instead of saying something like that?

Well I said what I wanted to about that......
pepper...I think you used to be Cinamonbun right?.....
So then in this animation there wernt to many movements but I guess this was more of a test.
The foot placement is perfect except for one frame where it showed the dots you were using....Heres a tip for that It may take more time but it's worth it animate the entire animation through then go back and edit in the foot placement....Thats what I do
The hands and back were pretty stiff so you should try to add more movement to them.

Finish that kick thingy then post your finished animation.....It seems better that way.Youl get more post.

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 08:26 PM
The most recent thread I looked at that was decent was Jutsu's thread, and apparently if he's going for high intermediate, he should be able to self critique his animations.
This, on the other hand, is an unrealistic, half animated, over-eased, part of a movement. If it were something such as a run or whatever, then I would take the time to criticize it, but why take the time on some this ridiculous?

Mark
04-17-2010, 08:33 PM
The most recent thread I looked at that was decent was Jutsu's thread, and apparently if he's going for high intermediate, he should be able to self critique his animations.
This, on the other hand, is an unrealistic, half animated, over-eased, part of a movement. If it were something such as a run or whatever, then I would take the time to criticize it, but why take the time on some this ridiculous?

So that he can learn from his mistakes.....havent you ever heard of the expression you crawl before you run?
He will start out with test but then as he get's better he may try something longer.He may fail or he may get better It depends on the advice you give
If you tell him that all his movements are incorrect then how will he learn from his mistakes?

Thats all im sayin.....

**** I JUST WASTED MY 888th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vorpal
04-17-2010, 08:33 PM
OMFG guys don't do it, if you start a fight with archangel I will kick your ass. He knows he doesn't need to post on my threads, because I already know what's wrong with it.
Moch, dude seriously, don't get into it with archangel, he will kill you twice before you hit the ground.
Also; archangel <3, you're almost never around these days, why is that?

Oblivion EX
04-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Hrm, I mean for what little animation is there it's decent, and the only flaws I saw were already stated by Moch12.

Anyway, Arch, If you are looking for something to critique, Check out my thread, Unlike Justsu, I am unable to really self-critique well enough. I think you'll find that they might be worth critiquing. If not, hey whatever, it's all good.

Mark
04-17-2010, 08:35 PM
OMFG guys don't do it, if you start a fight with archangel I will kick your ass. He knows he doesn't need to post on my threads, because I already know what's wrong with it.
Moch, dude seriously, don't get into it with archangel, he will kill you twice before you hit the ground.
Also; archangel <3, you're almost never around these days, why is that?
Are you serious?

Peppar
04-17-2010, 08:40 PM
This, on the other hand, is an unrealistic, half animated, over-eased, part of a movement. If it were something such as a run or whatever, then I would take the time to criticize it, but why take the time on some this ridiculous? At least i took the time to animate. And this was just a test. Not a "omfg this is a awesommmme anmationnnnnz" i just wanted to see if i improved on anything.

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 08:41 PM
He's as serious as the sun when it says "alright ima give you some light today".

And I've been busy with some stuff, Jutsu.
Like now. I'm actually working on a simple game that I can go back and edit to make it look beast as shit.
I'll have some of the stuff uploaded tonight. I've already gotten a lot finished.

edit: In order for a test to test something, it must be related to that in which you are testing.
I already told you what was wrong with it, so try another one of your "tests".

Sumfink
04-17-2010, 08:44 PM
FINISH IT. NAO. If that's all you're going to animate and he stops in that position, it's impossible for him to keep his balance for such a long time with all the easing you put it.

And yes, Moch, he is completely serious. I've seen Archangel's flaming, it is not to be desired.

Vorpal
04-17-2010, 09:01 PM
FINISH IT. NAO. If that's all you're going to animate and he stops in that position, it's impossible for him to keep his balance for such a long time with all the easing you put it.

And yes, Moch, he is completely serious. I've seen Archangel's flaming, it is not to be desired.

Not to be desired?!? That's all?
He will utterly annihilate you to the farthest reaches of nothingness, you will be nothing inside nothing, you will be so devoid of anything that you will be less than nothing!
If there's a fly being crushed by a skyscraper, you're the fly and the sky scraper is dragoras awesome might, with such infernal power that even the heavens cringe and shudder beneath it's raw potent aura of ultimate hate and destruction. not to be desired? He spits in the face of your arrogance and some time maybe not soon but your time will come to be destroyed like so many before your self.

Sorry it's so little this time dragora, but I get tired of explaining it so damn often.

Sumfink
04-17-2010, 09:55 PM
-The experience is so intense that I had no way of describing it except to horribly underexaggerate, words just cannot describe it.

-I said that on purpose just to get you to waste time typing out a long explanation.

Pick one.

Vendetta
04-17-2010, 10:25 PM
1. I want you to c&c this movement. foot placement, easing, smoothness, flow
Foot placement: overdone - looks unrealistic
Easing: Legs and body are good, arms not so much
smoothness: Decent
Flow: an animation with only one movement (a very unrealistic one in this case) cannot have flow.

the animation is good for what it is, but I agree with Arch-Angel. This just doesn't make sense, what is the stick even doing?

Zero
04-17-2010, 11:02 PM
He will utterly annihilate you to the farthest reaches of nothingness, you will be nothing inside nothing, you will be so devoid of anything that you will be less than nothing!
If there's a fly being crushed by a skyscraper, you're the fly and the sky scraper is dragoras awesome might, with such infernal power that even the heavens cringe and shudder beneath it's raw potent aura of ultimate hate and destruction. not to be desired? He spits in the face of your arrogance and some time maybe not soon but your time will come to be destroyed like so many before your self.

Sorry it's so little this time dragora, but I get tired of explaining it so damn often.
That scared me. Is he a GOD?!

Covalence
04-17-2010, 11:05 PM
i'm going to keep this on topic because i am a cool person k
finish about two movements or so in an animation before you ask for C&C. you're asking for C&C on 20 something frames of the start of the movement, which is kind of illogical

‹berschall
04-18-2010, 03:35 AM

I'm waiting for that to happen, and you god damn know I am.

Gyohdonz
04-18-2010, 03:41 AM
I'm waiting for that to happen, and you god damn know I am.

Lol, only one in this thread that can take on dragora.

Anyway, peppar, next time, finish the animation. Don't post 4 or 5 frames, finish the animation. Do an actual move, not a wobbling stickman.

Scarecrow
04-18-2010, 04:03 AM
i miss the days when people feared my wrath

Can you see anything i need to work on? I did not see any flaws. http://filebox.me/files/002wr268g_asdert.gif The PIV file: http://pivotup.com/files/4qv0rcyt.piv

there isn't really a lot to comment on as i'm not clear on what the guy is meant to be doing. foot placement is perfect, but because of this it looks more like a brick of ice than a foot. don't forget that it's a soft, flexible foot, moving it around a bit won't kill you. if i assume that's part of a walk cycle, then one leg is fine, the other lifts at the knee a bit too much. i have no clue what the arms are doing.

try actually animating a full walk cycle before asking for criticism next time because it's very difficult to comment on a few small frames

Zed
04-18-2010, 04:56 AM
If you're aiming for absolute perfection on a movement like this there are a few small errors.

Firstly, flick through your frames and only pay attention to the right hand (as in, the hand on the right, not the hand which the stickman would consider to be his right hand. In this animation it appears to be his left, although admittedly he needs to see a doctor about the other one). It doesn't quite flow right. There's a frame where it barely moves and then a frame straight after that where it moves a lot but then jerks up on the next one and so on.

Then there's the upper arm of that hand which is the only uneased part of the animation at the end. It seems to just flick up three or four frames before the end and then stop there.

Lastly the fact that you eased it to a stop there is wrong. If you were only going to ease one side of the animation, on this one it should have been the start. When he began he was balanced. Where he finished he would have fallen over forwards. If you were, in fact, trying to ease the start, you didn't do enough, especially in comparison to the end.

Oh, and the foot in the air jerks upwards as it passes the foot on the ground.

[At this point I downloaded the .piv file and couldn't be bothered to rewrite stuff]

Yeah, the third frame from the end had too small spacing by about four pixels and the last frame had too big spacing by one or two for your easing on that bit, although like I said you didn't really want to ease there at all.

At the beginning you were missing probably two frames worth of easing at the very small spacing end.

That's all that can be said about an animation this short. You need to add more.