PDA

View Full Version : [Moch12] High Intermediate shat

Mark
04-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Knowing that I dont like animating with a purpose unless it's a joint I have been challenged by my own home slice Jutsu.....I like him cause he's mah dawg but now I have to animate more than I want to and thats a no.no.......This will be my new thread until I actualy reach Intermediate Now I have to animate at my best all the time. This will be very difficult for a man lazyer than a sloth

http://i42.tinypic.com/rvefyv.jpg

First animation not finished Idk how to increase frame rate....so......C&C meh.

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Maybe high beginner. No where close to high Intermediate.

Mark
04-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Maybe high beginner. No where close to high Intermediate.

Whoa....High begginer.....so close I can taste it x3

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm not joking =/

Over eased, barely any movements, the movements that you did have were just ease outs, and your teleport effect was terrible.

Try try again.

Mark
04-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm not joking =/

Over eased, barely any movements, the movements that you did have were just ease outs, and your teleport effect was terrible.

Try try again.
O.k....I can work with that more movements?.....done..teleportation effects.I can sub those out when it's completly done. Over eased....It's normally eased I just saved it wrong so now it moves slower Im about to increase the frame rate in flash. Ease outs eeh I guess Ill call that style
me and Jutsu are 2 completly diffrent type of animators He has awesome effects with particles and he has more expirence and stuffems I have slow movements that show what im doing...

any thing else you wanna point out?

Vorpal
04-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Listen to archangel, he is god, he knows the truth, he knows the path and lastly he gives you a choice, follow it or blindly ignore it.

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 09:02 PM
lol wow.
Just animate everything out, and don't really rely on effects. Teleportation is the worst kind because it implies laziness. Whenever I do effects I go for blasts and explosions because there's so much more going on. That's what gets you good. Not deciding that you don't know how to finish a movement so you add a teleport or something. That's dumb and you don't get the practice.

Oblivion EX
04-17-2010, 09:03 PM
You know, I've always, wondered, Where is the line separating High Beg. and Interz? because I do not see one, and to me that suggest the possibility of the "line" being pushed back and forth. ending up with something that many years ago (when the bars were set) was interz will these days either be med interz or high beg. But that is just my opinion on that whole system... I'm done, continue.

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I would post my intermediate, high beginner, and high inter animations if the uploading site didn't go down.

Mark
04-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Listen to archangel, he is god, he knows the truth, he knows the path and lastly he gives you a choice, follow it or blindly ignore it.

rofl wth

lol wow.
Just animate everything out, and don't really rely on effects. Teleportation is the worst kind because it implies laziness. Whenever I do effects I go for blasts and explosions because there's so much more going on. That's what gets you good. Not deciding that you don't know how to finish a movement so you add a teleport or something. That's dumb and you don't get the practice.

But how would I make an explosion in a fight scene like this?Would one guy blow up randomly or the other guy throws a gernade???

Arch-Angel
04-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Or just completely implement special abilities. You don't have to have a source.

Also, I was in the DDC6 when I was low intermediate. I'm theblindsamurai_135
http://www.ddcollab.com/ddc6.html

Vendetta
04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
But how would I make an explosion in a fight scene like this?Would one guy blow up randomly or the other guy throws a gernade???

omfg.

IF EFFECTS AREN'T NECESSARY THEN DON'T ****ING USE THEM AT ALL

Gyohdonz
04-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Would you please never again call yourself intermediate untill someone with knowledge tells you you are.

****ing moron.

Zed
04-18-2010, 05:37 AM
I am going to give a full cc in a moment once I've finished reading the rest of the forums because I can and you want it, but I cannot not write about your foot placement in the mean time. It hurts. It hurts so bad. It would be perfect, were it not for the fact that you seem to have forgotten that you're moving the background around. When the world moves your feet move with it.

Edit: scratch that. You do slide. You just got it a little bit wrong. Be more careful with that.

zawmbee
04-18-2010, 05:41 AM
omfg.

IF EFFECTS AREN'T NECESSARY THEN DON'T ****ING USE THEM AT ALL
Listen to this man.

Don't hide your poor effects over tons of effects. It makes you look lazy, which won't get you intermediate.

Zed
04-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Your leg movements are all bad. You're picking up the dd accent and it is really not helping. You need to keep the knee bent longer when you're moving the leg forwards and then only extend when you're ready to come back again. Don't scuff your feet.

On the uppercut when the black guy flies into the air the physics are off. Even though you've had the slow motion, he still has that forwards momentum. The punch was straight up which should have meant that he went up and kept moving right at the same time.

There's a bit that it's hard to describe. It's like, when the black guy goes behind the red guy for the first time. He rocks back on his legs before going forwards again. Except he doesn't. His legs stay stiff and all the momentum is being absorbed by the camera movement. He needs to bend his legs and take that momentum like a man.

Stick the black guy's non-punching arm out further before that first miss. It doesn't pull back enough.

The red guy's twist is nice but his right-most arm is shaky on the exit. It either needs followthrough or to just be cut and let the other guy's punch make the movement unnecessary.

At the end there's some random movement which I think might be an attempt at a kick from the black guy. If it is, it needs more frames. It's very unclear.

And like everyone's said - don't teleport.

Don't use those lines for trails/particles on the punches. They look bad and a little bit lazy.

If I didn't mention it assume it's good (well, assume that I think it's good. ArchAngel would have more to say, I'm sure). It's not a bad animation really. It's just not the quality you're looking for.

poppetje3D
04-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Or just completely implement special abilities. You don't have to have a source.

Also, I was in the DDC6 when I was low intermediate. I'm theblindsamurai_135
http://www.ddcollab.com/ddc6.html

Wow man , there where almost no movements in there and they say your low intern?

Cronos
04-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Wow man , there where almost no movements in there and they say your low intern?

True that. Now days if you posted that your poll would look something like this:

Lower - 40%
High beg - 69%
Borderline - 1%
Low Inters -
Higher -

It's just the retarted way DD works.

Arch-Angel
04-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Actually, the movements that were in it, easing, physics, etc, plus scenery and environment interaction is what makes it low intermediate.

The standards have probably changed (Personally I wouldn't consider it intermediate, but oh well. It was in the DDC6 which is intermediate+ and it was the last one on one of the skill sections. My High Inter anims looked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better).

I'm sorry, but cronos. Go away. You have yet to contribute to the actual purpose of the thread. And you know nothing about what you're talking about.

Cronos
04-18-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm serious. The people in DD can't seem to see the difference between borderline and low beginner. If you posted that animation now, the votes would be all over the place.

Zed
04-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Watch it, you two. If something develops you're both going to be banned, whoever started it.

Arch-Angel
04-18-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm sure that the person that started it was already reported, thus further confrontation should be prevented.

Cronos
04-18-2010, 07:38 AM
By that post, I wanted you to show me your high intermediate animations. I don't see how thats reportable.

Yummerz
04-18-2010, 07:43 AM
By that post, I wanted you to show me your high intermediate animations. I don't see how thats reportable.

True dat.
Cronos:I'm dfr179 why did u send me a friend request...CLEAR YOUR DAMN INBOX!!!

Moch:Once again you have surprised me,but being a measly low-beginner I cant really tell your rank.

Cronos
04-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Because I want sex. Why else.

Yummerz
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Meh.
Good enough for me.

zawmbee
04-18-2010, 09:30 AM
You don't need good movements to be Intermediate :v

Arch-Angel
04-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Decent movements, easing, and effects can get you inter lol. It isn't hard.

zawmbee
04-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Except you're Buzz, in that case it gets you Veteran, hahaha.

Mark
04-19-2010, 05:04 PM
man I miss the begginers section already o.o
I wanted to post it there.....>
Well this thread got spammed to the highest potential
http://i44.tinypic.com/2zyk5nc.jpg
I flashed this animation and it was still slow.
I rushed the ending because I have to go
(YAY FOR RHYMES!!!!)
I wanted to make some simple moves...run,elbow,reaction,fade

Vendetta
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
The run was smooth but terribly awkward, it didn't look natural at all. The elbow or whatever it was had absolutely no force whatsoever. All of the reactions were shit; the attacker ran on as if nothing at all happened, and the defender fell down with no easing at all; the physics were terrible. Definitely NOT high intermediate.

RUiN
04-19-2010, 07:21 PM

Lol. This and yea he's right man. Its pretty good though.

Cronos
04-21-2010, 07:45 AM

Lately it is quite hard.

Vorpal
04-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Lately it is quite hard.

No not really, being rusty as hell and not really making a long animation I scored low intermediate.