PDA

View Full Version : Favorite genre?

Ssjbryando
04-21-2008, 05:09 AM
Just like the title says, Whats your favorite genre. Adventure, action. Rpg's etc.
I havn't seen this tread be made so why not make it I thought.

Mine are Rpg's and hack and slash, and beat em up. But my fav = Rpg's (you can call Fighting and hack and slash the same, but for me there are differenses.

What you CAN do (plz tell me if Im missing some ooptions)

Tell me your top 3 of genre's in a reply.

1. Rpg (final fantasy, kingdom hearts) - Turn based, every doesn't matter
2. beat em up (dbz budokai, street fighter etc) (2d, 3d same doesn't matter)
3. hack and slash (devil may cry !!)

(I like 2 and 3 the same)

Maybe you can also put your least Fav genre

Least fav : Racing.

(**** I didnt put free roaming T_T well adventure Is good I guess.)

OGrilla2
04-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Simulation.

I like flight simulators, life simulators, physics games, etc. Mostly sandbox type games.

Doomdooer
04-21-2008, 07:18 AM
I lean more toward the First Person Genre, but it doesn't have to be a shooter.

Raffi
04-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I remember a few years ago i played nothing but racing games. Now I prefer Action, Racing, Platform and War genre (which you missed).

‹berschall
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Just like the title says, Whats your favorite genre. Adventure, action. Rpg's etc.
I havn't seen this tread be made so why not make it I thought.

Mine are Rpg's and hack and slash, and beat em up. But my fav = Rpg's (you can call Fighting and hack and slash the same, but for me there are differenses.

What to do (plz tell me if Im missing some ooptions)

Tell me your top 3 of genre's in a reply.

1. Rpg (final fantasy, kingdom hearts) - Turn based, every doesn't matter
2. beat em up (dbz budokai, street fighter etc) (2d, 3d same doesn't matter)
3. hack and slash (devil may cry !!)

(I like 2 and 3 the same)
---------------------------------------------
Also.

when you pick a genre tell what you like.
Example.

Action:
Action adventure (also a different genre)
-------------------------------------------

Shooters:
Tactical shooters
First person shooters

Role playing:
Turn-based
Real-time
Massive multiplayers (Also a different genre, but belongs to rpg's)

Strategie games:
Turn-based
Real-time

Racing:
Car/bike driving games
Car combat

Sports: (what sport)
-
-

Puzzle:
Card puzzle games
Solving stuff

Simulation: (sims I guess? )
(Have no options)

Fighting games:
Hack and slash
2d fighters
3d fighters

Platformers: (megaman x8, Those games)
-
-

----------------------------------------------
First person games:
-
-

Wtf is all that shit? What? Why not just make this a normal poll without that questionnaire you have there?

Ssjbryando
04-21-2008, 09:56 AM
you dont have to T_T Its just a thing you can do.

post your top 3 genre's. like you see no one does it. and that ''Shit'' is just information. since there are more types of things. If you say strategie, what kinda strategie games. there are turn based, and real time. maybe people HATE real time, but want turn based T_T it costs a extra second to just write turn or real time.

So I dont see why you bitchin. Its not like they have to copy that and fill it in, its just info over different types of mode things a genre has. like first person, doesn't only have to be first person shooters :S

Tentionmaru
04-21-2008, 10:12 AM
top 3 genres, for me, would be:

1.RPG
2.Action/Adventure
3.Fighting

LakE
04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Wtf is all that shit? What? Why not just make this a normal poll without that questionnaire you have there?

Exactly what i was thinking. Complicate the question to an extreme.

I don't have a favourite. I'm content with playing anything as long as it's not utter bollucks.
I play first-person shooters (CoD4) often. But, i love racing, i love action, etc.
To me, if it's a ****ing game, it's a ****ing game. I wouldn't look at a game, see the platform, then use that in my decision.

So to answer your question;
All of them.
My favourites are all of them.

Ssjbryando
04-21-2008, 10:48 AM
FINE i removed it. It was just info T_T not something you had to fill out, so I don't get the problem of giving some extra info. and ok. cool.

General Douchington
04-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Both RPGs and MMORPGs. Depends if I want to be alone or not.

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Favorite
1. Platformers. Mario, Flash rpg platformers, and many others seem to always entertain me the most. I love the freedom these games give to you.
2. Hack and Slash. Dynasty and Samurai Warriors always gave me a boner. lol. Impossible and violent games are always the best in my book.
3. Puzzles. <3 They always test my mind.

Least Favorite:
3. Racing. Never appealed to me. They seem a bit boring
2. Simulation. I go for the real thing when I look for something. Sims and other stuff seem to be the worst ideas for games to me.
1. Sports. This isn't only fantasy football I'm talking about, I'm including Guitar Hero in this because it has the same effect on people. In my opinion, you can spend the same amount of time learning the game and getting insanely good at it as getting good at the sport or activity you're simulating on a pointless video game. Sports games are by far my least favorite of them all.

Gavel
04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
1. Sports. This isn't only fantasy football I'm talking about, I'm including Guitar Hero in this because it has the same effect on people. In my opinion, you can spend the same amount of time learning the game and getting insanely good at it as getting good at the sport or activity you're simulating on a pointless video game. Sports games are by far my least favorite of them all.
People don't usually play sports games as a substitute for the real thing. They do it because they offer the ability to experience the playing field in the shoes of their favorite athletes. And also because they're sports-nuts and want to get in as much ball movement as possible. Because, you know, you can't play real sports 24/7.

Dragon⁰⁷⁷
04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Platformers, Action, Adventure, and FPS.

I put down platformers, but note:

2D platformers > 3D platformers

rx00worth
04-22-2008, 05:44 AM
nahhh
stratagy ownes =3

like zelda or bomer man on nintendo 64 :D
but nope, now they make friggen first person shooters

oh and RPG are really good aswell :D

sss
04-22-2008, 08:10 AM
MMORPG something like lineage][

Dragonkof
04-22-2008, 08:25 AM
RPG's.

you can shoot missiles out of them.

Ssjbryando
04-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Awesome I made a semi great Topic. since this is the gamer section O_O STICKY?!?!?!??!?!?

Alot like rpgs to I see =D hack and slashs are awesome to

Chunky
04-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Most favourite
1) Strategy
2) First Person Shooting Games
3) Action
Least favourite
1) Rpgs
2) Mmorpgs
3) Racing

‹berschall
04-22-2008, 03:16 PM
People don't usually play sports games as a substitute for the real thing. They do it because they offer the ability to experience the playing field in the shoes of their favorite athletes. And also because they're sports-nuts and want to get in as much ball movement as possible. Because, you know, you can't play real sports 24/7.

And also, because they might not have the ability to play a sport at all. I'd love to play hockey, but I can't affort the equipment at all.

STUFF
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Most favorite:
1. First Person Shooters: (Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory) FPS are just fun overall, but it needs to have complex objectives and stuff. Unlike CS, where it's mainly plant the bomb or save a hostage. Missions like in W:ET where you capture the first spawn point, blow up a bank wall, take crates, repair truck and escape is what I'm talking about. W:ET is basically a strategy+FPS, but any FPS would entertain me.

2. Hack and Slash (DynastyWarriors, SamuraiWarriors) Same reasons for my liking for FPS, except of course this isn't FPS, but third person. Fun and exciting, constant rush of enemies really appeal to me.

3. RPG (Cabal Online, Martial Heroes, etc.) It's just fun trying to pimp out your character by progressing through levels and reaching clothing requirements. Skill designs always encourage me to keep on training, but it does get boring after a while.

Least favorite would either be racing, platformers or puzzles. You just sit there and hold on to a button for racing, maybe use three buttons max for a platformer and probably just your mouse for puzzles. Too boring.

Gavel
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
And also, because they might not have the ability to play a sport at all. I'd love to play hockey, but I can't affort the equipment at all.
Yeah. I can't go down to the basketball courts everyday, and I don't live near a field that I can access on a daily basis. So in order to quench my needs to throw the ball around a bit, I plug in the controller.

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree. I didn't say all people who play them as substitutes, just People. Simulation games overall piss me off because instead of living in Sims you can spend time getting your own job or getting more successful at it. I understand that Sims is entirely different to real life, being able to live a good rich fulfilling life, but simulations tend to waste SOME peoples' time doing the fake thing, while they just as easily can get a job, learn to play the guitar well (or get better at it), or improve on your sports skills. That part of simulation games, not every [of a lot of] parts is what makes me denounce them so.

Yeah. I can't go down to the basketball courts everyday, and I don't live near a field that I can access on a daily basis. So in order to quench my needs to throw the ball around a bit, I plug in the controller.
I understand the need for sports and simulations sometimes such as this. This is a profit I see in them, but overall I dislike them for how misleading they can be.

[/Not a rant or debate against spazz, just justifying my previous post calmly. :3]
NOW LETS DANCE!!!!!! (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/105753)

rx00worth
04-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Most favourite
1) Strategy
2) First Person Shooting Games
3) Action
Least favourite
1) Rpgs
2) Mmorpgs
3) Racing

i rarar at ur selection

btw RARARAR

Gunned.Stick.
04-27-2008, 11:45 AM
I think RPG is boring.
I kinda suck at First Person games
I always get pwnd at ghost recon :(

Krob
04-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm starting to lose my love in FPS games. When you compare them to all the great..non FPS games.

Ssjbryando
04-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Shooters are good, but there all the same. Have one or 2, Thats enough. But rpg's they ALL have a different story, fps are just shooting games. with guns.

80%% Of them are about the world war, or some other war T_T its all war. its all the same, Of course some have different weapons and stuff. But actually just bye the best of the best, and your done T_T Or 2 different ones. like one about the future, and one about now. >_> its shooting anyways.

Not that its not fun. but Its not like im looking forward to the next one.

Schwa
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Shooters are good, but there all the same. Have one or 2, Thats enough. But rpg's they ALL have a different story, fps are just shooting games. with guns.

80%% Of them are about the world war, or some other war T_T its all war. its all the same, Of course some have different weapons and stuff. But actually just bye the best of the best, and your done T_T Or 2 different ones. like one about the future, and one about now. >_> its shooting anyways.

TF2 is not about war. It's about two rival building corporations.

Corporate rivalry, its a fun thing.

Nukem
04-27-2008, 09:20 PM

Portal isn't about war or killing. But anyways

-First person Shooters
-Strategy
-Action

Schwa
04-27-2008, 10:13 PM

-First person Shooters
-Strategy
-Action

Portal is a puzzle game in the first person perspective you twit.

rx00worth
04-28-2008, 02:19 AM
lol
true

strats are still very good, like zelda on N64
old but daing good :D

Myself
04-28-2008, 02:38 AM

Actually it's a building corp vs. demoltions corp

Ssjbryando
04-28-2008, 04:48 AM

Yeah ok, Thats cool. I was more talking about those world war games.

-First person Shooters
-Strategy
-Action

Thats puzzle? Right T_T Or action.

Strategy are fun to, I liked age of mythology, even if thats an old one. The cheats owned.

ATP17
05-01-2008, 08:54 PM
yay! im the only one who prefers racing!