PDA

View Full Version : PodStick

Apples
04-21-2008, 07:16 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2342/podsticklogoch0.png
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2342/podsticklogoch0.png

http://www.filecram.com/files/spp copy.png
Ad made by Audix

The thought had occurred to me about 3 months ago to start some sort of audio conversation with others to talk about the SPP community and projects the members are working on.

I hope to make this into a reality with PodStick.
A weekly podcast talking about the SPP community.
Mainly a podcast from SPP members, for SPP members.
I was thinking that there would be 4 main hosts on all the time, and having guest appearances once and a while.

I was hoping I could get some support and have some people volunteer for the following:

Hosts for the podcast:
1. Apples
2. Spazzy
3. ???
4. ???

Substitute:
1. Stuff

Music:
1. Audix
Number not limited for music.

Editing,
Rss feed,
Music (Background, while conversations are in progress.)

If you volunteer for a job, I would like an example (IE: Your music, editing skills), unless your hosting, then I will have to pick and choose.

Other jobs can be added if suggestion comes by.
Thoughts?

Garuda
04-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Is Apples qualified for this sort of stuff?

Epic
04-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah, he is.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I could do music every once in a while, but once my dad buys me my microphone, I could host and stuff.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 07:31 PM
My voice is too sexy and low to be kept to myself.

Index
04-21-2008, 07:32 PM
this sounds cool

but it's going to take some awesome shit to work

Apples
04-21-2008, 07:32 PM
I could do music every once in a while, but once my dad buys me my microphone, I could host and stuff.

Give me an example, if I like it, then your in.
EDIT: I have listened to your signature, I need things like background music, if you can do that, Ill let you in music.

Covalence
04-21-2008, 07:33 PM
whoa, maybe we'll hear apples pre-pubescent 10 year old voice

sounds like a good idea, an internet radio show, about the internet

but the thing is, where would this be hosted, and how will it be done, live, pre-recorded?

Index
04-21-2008, 07:34 PM
I haf a premature child voice if you need one

Apples
04-21-2008, 07:37 PM
whoa, maybe we'll hear apples pre-pubescent 10 year old voice
My voice is quite deep (at least for my age) so you wont really have to worry about being annoyed by a pre pubescent voice.

sounds like a good idea, an internet radio show, about the internet

but the thing is, where would this be hosted, and how will it be done, live, pre-recorded?
Pre recorded, in case we need to add or cut things from the audio.

Comment' d.

Covalence
04-21-2008, 07:51 PM
it'd be so ****ing awesome if JohnnyUtah came as a guest appearance

Paco
04-21-2008, 07:52 PM
not putting it down just a few questions,
-whats it about?
-length?
-whens it gonna happen?
-how often?
i think it could work.

Apples
04-21-2008, 07:52 PM
it'd be so ****ing awesome if JohnnyUtah came as a guest appearance

Its about the SPP community.
Not newgrounds.

not putting it down just a few questions,
-whats it about?
-length?
-whens it gonna happen?
-how often?
i think it could work.

Stickpageportal community, and internet.
30 minutes give or take.
Weekly, on weekends when we have free time.
As said above, weekly.

StrunG
04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
It should be monthly rather than weekly. There's not that much to talk about that has to do with Stickpage, and I doubt the members here would be able to make something worth listening to every week. Then again listening to people talking about SPP would be pretty boring in the first place.

I like the idea of a podcast, though. You just need to make it more open to other topics besides SPP, and monthly.

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:04 PM
It should be monthly rather than weekly. There's not that much to talk about that has to do with Stickpage, and I doubt the members here would be able to make something worth listening to every week. Then again listening to people talking about SPP would be pretty boring in the first place.

I like the idea of a podcast, though. You just need to make it more open to other topics besides SPP, and monthly.

It is about SPP and internet as I said earlier.
Monthly would be too slow.
That would mean 12 per year, it would have to be weekly or bi monthly if this would have a chance to work.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:04 PM
If it's going to be monthly it should be more than 30 minutes long.

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:05 PM
If it's going to be monthly it should be more than 30 minutes long.

It wont be monthly.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:05 PM
once every two weeks sounds good for me.

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:06 PM
once every two weeks sounds good for me.

That would work.
Once we get all the hosts together, we will decide if it will be bi monthly or weekly.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:07 PM
btw, put me on a maybe list for host, i believe im getting a microphone soon.

StrunG
04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
You'll see after the first two weeks that you aren't going to be able to make a good one each week without running out of material. Plus I'm sure nobody is going to want to listen to 30 minutes of kids in their early teens talk about the internet every week.

If you make one every week (or every two weeks), people are going to start losing interest after the first few. If it is monthly, it's more of a big deal when it comes out. Whatever, it's your project so I'm not going to tell you how to run it.

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:11 PM
You'll see after the first two weeks that you aren't going to be able to make a good one each week without running out of material. Plus I'm sure nobody is going to want to listen to 30 minutes of kids in their early teens talk about the internet every week.

If you make one every week (or every two weeks), people are going to start losing interest after the first few. If it is monthly, it's more of a big deal when it comes out. Whatever, it's your project so I'm not going to tell you how to run it.

A bi monthly podcast is what would be a better focus, but monthly seems to be too slow.
But don't worry, Ill take that opinion into account.

There are also podcasts which talk about games, those seem to work, so I dont see why a podcast about the subject of the internet which everybody uses wouldnt work as well.

Fringo
04-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Apples, I'll be a host.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:17 PM
'm agreeing with StrunG with this conflict.

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I can host if you'd like. This sounds like an amazing idea. How would hosts communicate and host together?

If you'll please elaborate on this, I'd like to know IF you want me for the job. :3

I agree with Bi-weekly or monthly.

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I can host if you'd like. This sounds like an amazing idea. How would hosts communicate and host together?

If you'll please elaborate on this, I'd like to know IF you want me for the job. :3

I agree with Bi-weekly or monthly.
It would be like a skype conversation.
We would communicate at the same time like a typical conversation but on things like skype.
And about the host thing, once I get enough people asking, I will choose from the batch to see who will be on.

Deadface.
04-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I could host or at least substitute and add some music, I guess.

I'm pretty much only good at two things: Ranting about nothing important and guitar..

Deathwish
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Why not turn it into a bi-monthly radio talk show?

Do some skits, prank calls, discuss games, internets.

Let me write for you guys.

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Why not turn it into a bi-monthly radio talk show?

Do some skits, prank calls, discuss games, internets.

Let me write for you guys.

Thats pretty much what I was going for :P
Thats mainly the definition of whats in the regular podcast.

Deathwish
04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Lol let me write for you?

STUFF
04-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I suggest you get a writer, Apples. It's easier knowing what to do when the day comes.

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
You should give awards to the best animation since the last podcast in each podcast, a sort of "Podstick Pick" Like name a single animation for each animation section. It'd be fun, it'd help promote listening to the podcast, and it would encourage animators to animate more and better.

I would do something for this but I'm always busy with my collabs =P

I could be a guest one time XD

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:43 PM
There should be certain segments. Like guest interviews. Animation of the week/month, stuf flike that

Apples
Yeah, I suggest you get a writer, Apples. It's easier knowing what to do when the day comes.

Scripting as in what we will say in the whole thing?
If so then no.
Why would you write down what your going to say in a conversation?
If you listen to a podcast you would know how they normally work, they are like everyday conversations.
If your talking about segments, as in topics that we will do, than yeah we would do that.

@Rather Cheesy, We will see about that, I actually was thinking about doing that.

Gavel
It is about SPP and internet as I said earlier.
Wait so then why wouldn't JohnnyUtah be allowed as a guest?

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Wait so then why wouldn't JohnnyUtah be allowed as a guest?

Guests as in SPP guests.
And I highly doubt Johnny would want to be on the podcast considering he works on a huge site.
If we could get him on, of course, but I dont think he would want to be on.

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
You should give awards to the best animation since the last podcast in each podcast, a sort of "Podstick Pick" Like name a single animation for each animation section. It'd be fun, it'd help promote listening to the podcast, and it would encourage animators to animate more and better.

I like how everyone ignored that awesome idea.

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I like how everyone ignored that awesome idea.
I like how you completely ignored me replying to that idea.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
take that on for size

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 08:52 PM

I concur

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 08:53 PM

Oh I just didn't see it. :'(

I concur

No you do.

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 08:53 PM
take that on for size

Thats awesome, but shouldn't it be podcast?

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:54 PM
now take that on for size

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
take that on for size

Best ad ever.
That is so going on the first post.

Gavel
04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Guests as in SPP guests.
And I highly doubt Johnny would want to be on the podcast considering he works on a huge site.
If we could get him on, of course, but I dont think he would want to be on.
Yeah, the same reality crossed my mind considering this is just an internet radio show consisting of kids talking about the internet. I just wanted to know why he wouldn't work.

I don't think it should be limited to just SPP guests since SPP isn't big big. In terms of special guests, you should try to get a few of the most well-known people to guest star. I mean, that's what real radio talk show hosts do. They know it's not going to be easy, so they twist the guest's arm a little more, of course. It's all about viewer appeal.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
we will absolutely have piggypup as a quest star

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
take that on for size
Nice

Yeah, the same reality crossed my mind considering this is just an internet radio show consisting of kids talking about the internet. I just wanted to know why he wouldn't work.

I don't think it should be limited to just SPP guests since SPP isn't big big. In terms of special guests, you should try to get a few of the most well-known people to guest star. I mean, that's what real radio talk show hosts do. They know it's not going to be easy, so they twist the guest's arm a little more, of course. It's all about viewer appeal.
Yeah, I mean you could have "Guests" be from outside and inside the forum..... being "Guests"

Apples
04-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Suggestions on guests?

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 08:58 PM
piggypup .

Apples
04-21-2008, 09:00 PM
piggypup .

As in people outside of spp as he said.

Lone Wolf
04-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Admins? Or mods.

EDIT: Nevermind, missed your last psot.

Gavel
04-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Suggestions on guests?
I really don't know. Anyone you feel would aid you in your internets discussion. People who make really well recieved animations or games would be a good choice since they can discuss any upcoming works with you, much like how a radio show local to my neck-of-the-woods had J.J. Abrams come talk about Cloverfield a week before it came out.

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Suggestions on guests?

Theres ones you can look for that I'm sure can find their time to guest star on a medium-sized forum's podcast.

Adam Phillips (a ****ing lot to cover if he even has time to help you. He works in disney now. =o)
Rtil
Tom Fulp
MindChamber
Stamper
The rest of the newgrounds staff if they have time
Jay
Zulu
Paperclip (if the preceding 2 and this one don't sign up and be accepted as hosts themselves.)
People from armorgames
People from maxgames
People from crazymonkey
ME!!!!

There are loads you can search for and find. People can even pay you for supporting their site. The audience you can get with advertisement can get some attractive deadls and such.

*Turns Jew Switch off*

SO that's what i think. :3

Apples
04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Theres ones you can look for that I'm sure can find their time to guest star on a medium-sized forum's podcast.

Adam Phillips (a ****ing lot to cover if he even has time to help you. He works in disney now. =o)
Rtil
Tom Fulp
MindChamber
Stamper
The rest of the newgrounds staff if they have time
Jay
Zulu
Paperclip (if the preceding 2 and this one don't sign up and be accepted as hosts themselves.)
People from armorgames
People from maxgames
People from crazymonkey
ME!!!!

There are loads you can search for and find. People can even pay you for supporting their site. The audience you can get with advertisement can get some attractive deadls and such.

*Turns Jew Switch off*

SO that's what i think. :3

Some good suggestions.
Now if only we can actually get them on.

Fringo
04-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Easy people to get are from SPP, the challenge is getting people like Tom Fulp and shit.

Buttons
04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Dude get some Vloggers too. That will attract a lot of attention, since they have a lot of people viewing them on youtube, which in turn will make the talkshow bigger.

Charlieissocoollike and Sxephil are two big vloggers.

Apples
04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Ok, we will get interviews worked out later, any suggestions on segments on the show?

Index
04-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Suggestions on guests?

Leanne .

Paco
04-21-2008, 10:08 PM
lol just a question why would tom flup and newgrounds staff
come when they have their own site that they could be doing this on ?
i agree a video log would attract alot of viewers but that is harder when your getting more than 1 person. ohhh what about somthing kind of like live video talkshow thingy, you know like a webcam showthingy. you could use stickcam or whatever idk.

Vervanda
04-21-2008, 10:09 PM
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Apples
04-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Spazzy Z is now a host for the podcast.

Index
04-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I'll repost my idea for a guest now since you guys left it on the last page

Leanne.

Gavel
04-21-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a suggestion, also. Illustrated profile pictures of each of the hosts, all of which I could provide.

Easy people to get are from SPP, the challenge is getting people like Tom Fulp and shit.
It's not about who's easiest to get, though.

lol just a question why would tom flup and newgrounds staff
come when they have their own site that they could be doing this on ?
Brilliant deduction. Which makes me wonder, why do famous celebrities do guest appearances on radio shows when they could just make their own radio show? Because since they're famous, they have all the expertise and everything, huh?

EDIT: Brian, that's because we were discussing guest suggestions for people outside of this site.

Index
04-21-2008, 10:15 PM
EDIT: Brian, that's because we were discussing guest suggestions for people outside of this site.

She isn't active anymore. Whatever.

Gavel
04-21-2008, 10:17 PM
She isn't active anymore. Whatever.
Yeah but I doubt someone like Leanne is going to want to or even have anything to talk about to a bunch of horny preteens and a black guy.

Apples
04-21-2008, 10:19 PM
and a black guy.

Yeah, no one likes those black people any more.
About the profile pictures, I dont see where we would go with this, unless we have a flash file that has the pictures light up when we speak or something.

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 10:23 PM
I know who we should interview

Cosmoseth

I've talked to him before and he's pretty easy to get a hold of and he's generally nice to fans. He also used tog et on SPP from time to time so its not like he would be doing it for a site he's never heard of =P

as for segments you should have an "weekly pick" [or however often this will air] for animations hosted here.

You should have a sort of "news" bit where you talk about stuff that happened on the forum [like if one was made now it would probably be about the new mods and NTF members.] i doubt there'd be much to talk about though =P

A segment where you talk about popular animations that came out or have been discovered.

A segment about internet finds and such [like link of the day]

A segment with a guest appearance from someone.

I can probably think of more but these are off the top of my head.

Apples
04-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I know who we should interview

Cosmoseth

I've talked to him before and he's pretty easy to get a hold of and he's generally nice to fans. He also used tog et on SPP from time to time so its not like he would be doing it for a site he's never heard of =P

as for segments you should have an "weekly pick" [or however often this will air] for animations hosted here.

You should have a sort of "news" bit where you talk about stuff that happened on the forum [like if one was made now it would probably be about the new mods and NTF members.] i doubt there'd be much to talk about though =P

A segment where you talk about popular animations that came out or have been discovered.

A segment about internet finds and such [like link of the day]

A segment with a guest appearance from someone.

I can probably think of more but these are off the top of my head.

You pretty much just said a long version of things I planned for the first episode.
Thanks a lot.
<_<

Gavel
04-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, no one likes those black people any more.
About the profile pictures, I dont see where we would go with this, unless we have a flash file that has the pictures light up when we speak or something.
I kind of thought we'd also hold a website listeners would refer to for news on upcoming events in the show and shit like that.

Paco
04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
.....About the profile pictures, I dont see where we would go with this, unless we have a flash file that has the pictures light up when we speak or something.
thats a good idea and i would be cool with helping.
also having a flash with it would help cause say if your talking about somthing a picture can pop up of it and such.

Apples
04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I kind of thought we'd also hold a website listeners would refer to for news on upcoming events in the show and shit like that.

Are you saying we would have a thread to have people refer things to be on the show?

Paco
04-21-2008, 10:29 PM
IMO then your falling away from spp podcast/radio show and you mine as will just make your own show :P
but that is also another question, where is it going?
like where is it gonna be in location to this site?

edit: apples i think he ment like its own URL. i would think a wing off stickpage.com/blahblahblah or stickpageportal.com/blahblahblah
would be bettar.

Apples
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
IMO then your falling away from spp podcast/radio show and you mine as will just make your own show :P

edit: apples i think he ment like its own URL. i would think a wing off stickpage.com/blahblahblah or stickpageportal.com/blahblahblah
would be bettar.

If your talking about what happens after the podcast where we post it or something, I was thinking we could host an audio file or swf if we do the profile thing and make a thread on spp and get feedback.

Gavel
04-21-2008, 10:34 PM

would be bettar.
No it wouldn't. It's not like it would be a completely differently named website like "stickdudespodcats.com" and it could even have a link to SP in the heading. But a thread would be fine. Maybe if Paperclip approves he'd open up a section for it like Exilements voting section.

Apples
04-21-2008, 10:35 PM
No it wouldn't. It's not like it would be a completely differently named website like "stickdudespodcats.com" and it could even have a link to SP in the heading. But a thread would be fine. Maybe if Paperclip approves he'd open up a section for it like Exilements voting section.

That would be a nice idea.
Once we get an episode up we could try discussing that with him.

Paco
04-21-2008, 10:39 PM
im so confuseded lol.
but yeah i say give it a section with 2 subsections(or whatever)-
videos(a topic for each video that can get commented on)
request or somthing(where you can give ideas or c&c)
cause until it gets decent sized i dont think there is a use for its own site and such,

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 11:05 PM
You need to have some sort of video to go with certain sections, [as you've all pretty much already said =P] like for the news sections, you could have screen shots or pictures of stuff pop up that have to do with the topic. For just discussion where you don't really need pictures have a picture or symbol of the hosts and have them light up when each one speaks, cause I wouldn't be able to tell whose voice was whose after awhile =P

For the weekly picks you should actually play the weekly picks on screen. Its be ****ing awesome =P

A section for this would be cool, but we should get it up and running before we ask an admin to make a section =P

Cosmonaut
04-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Also I highly suggest that chinaman be a host.
Why thank you Stuf your ever so kind.

I kinda like this idea, my only concern is making it interesting enough so you guys can capture our attention for a full half hour, thats an entire episode of Futurama.

stickpagefan51
04-22-2008, 01:17 AM
For guests I would suggest maybe Alvin Earthworm, the creator of Super Mario Bros. Z or maybe Krikles, but I don't know if he would be up to it.

For segments you could have a sort of Podstick tricks, a part where you help people, answer their question, and/or share tricks that you use for flash, photoshop, and so on.

I don't if I should be asking this, but can I be a host? I could be that one dude with an acsent that sounds like english is my second laguage(it really is) and everyone makes fun of. I really don't mind I get it all the time.

Apples
04-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Keep in mind guys, you need a flexible time zone that is close to the other hosts, Spazz and I have the same times so it would work.

Doomdooer
04-22-2008, 07:16 AM
I could host, I guess. I've got a mic and shit.

MrCheesy
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
This sounds like a really interesting idea.
I might be able to make some background music or something, just give me a little time an I will show you a sample of my work.

Paperclip
04-22-2008, 07:31 AM
Zulu originally had this idea posted for the mods to contemplate January of last year. Oh well, hopefully this takes off and is fun.

Apples
04-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Zulu originally had this idea posted for the mods to contemplate January of last year. Oh well, hopefully this takes off and is fun.

And if it does succeed, would we get an officail thread/section for it?

Dragonkof
04-22-2008, 08:22 AM
if it does suceed, then maybe they should become honorary members?

Apples
04-22-2008, 08:25 AM
if it does suceed, then maybe they should become honorary members?

Aren't honorary members only given to former mods?
But that would be pretty cool.

Shanto
04-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh, can I be a talkshow host?

I have a sexy voice.

Oh yeah, but my parents would be all liek "WTF ARE YOU TALKING TO" on me.

Meh, I'll deal with it, some how.

Please consider meh.

Oh, I think you should have Animator of the week. And you should advertise some good collabs.

stickpagefan51
04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey Apples, will you mention the people that made suggestions or just the ones that are in the show? Also, what do you think of my idea? It's in the last post of the previous page.

Doomdooer
04-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Aren't honorary members only given to former mods?
But that would be pretty cool.

That seems to be asking a bit much.

New Generation
04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I can join to record for the podcast lol. Please accept.

I'm 15 :D

Have a few things to talk about. I can record it myself at home, I have a microphone. I laso can make it high quality or deep voice lol. In goldwave. :P

52xM
04-22-2008, 12:16 PM
I suggest... No, I demand Kegman as a guest.

Apples
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
That seems to be asking a bit much.

Yeah I know, I wouldnt ask for that.
Its kind of weird it would be suggested now that I think about it.

Paco
04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
mabey NTF or whatever not honorary.
but ima make a lil templet to show you what i was talking about kinda.

Deathwish
04-22-2008, 05:03 PM
mabey NTF or whatever not honorary.
but ima make a lil templet to show you what i was talking about kinda.

Do you know what the NTF is?

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 05:39 PM
maybe something like a new forum leader for the staff but with no special privaleges except in the podcast's forum thing, if that happens

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 06:05 PM
and im sorry for promoting myself and stuff
:
::
;
//
/
Im almost finished with a introduction music

Apples
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
and im sorry for promoting myself and stuff
:
::
;
//
/
Im almost finished with a introduction music

Thats great to hear.
I am gladly awaiting to get the music.
:]

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 06:22 PM
It's nots not official yet, but hear you can. Tell me what to do blah blah blah

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=VB5C0VH4C8HW

Apples
04-22-2008, 06:43 PM
It's nots not official yet, but hear you can. Tell me what to do blah blah blah

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=VB5C0VH4C8HW

That was awesome.
But what is the techno voice saying in the middle of the song?
If its done, I will absolutely have that as intro music.

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 06:44 PM
official stick page podcast slash radio show on the interwebs

Apples
04-22-2008, 06:49 PM
official stick page podcast slash radio show on the interwebs

Would it be ok to ask you to increase the volume on the voice?
So that it would be easier to hear.

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Ill do that later, But now, my first actual song for it: Intor Time.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=E2W3726BX2VC

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I want to do something for this but I don't know what I could do. What would the host have to do for each airing? Just get on a Skype session with the other host sometime between airings? What other work would they have to do?

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Would it be ok to ask you to increase the volume on the voice?
So that it would be easier to hear.

you must be deaf or something.

Apples
04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I want to do something for this but I don't know what I could do. What would the host have to do for each airing? Just get on a Skype session with the other host sometime between airings? What other work would they have to do?

We are probably going to aim towards the skype program for recording, but that could change for something better.
@Audix: No, its just hard to hear, its quiet.
It seemed to kind of wisper.
As for your other song, is that for main background music? The song is good as well :]

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Well I meant is that ALL the host have to do? Just the one Skype session? Or is there more work involved for the hosts? I'll be a host if thats all that s required, I live in the same time zone as Spazz and I'm free most of the day...

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 07:00 PM
i dont care when you use any of these songs, but if we ever get to have advertisments and get moneys i get sum

Apples
04-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Well I meant is that ALL the host have to do? Just the one Skype session? Or is there more work involved for the hosts? I'll be a host if thats all that s required, I live in the same time zone as Spazz and I'm free most of the day...

A skype session is a possibility, unless you or someone else knows of something like skype so we can have a podcast together.

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't know of anything else, and my computer will probably get Skype on it as well cause my dads moving out to Texas [HELL YES HES GONE]

I might not be able to host until he leaves though [may 2nd], because I'm sure he and his dickery will have something to say about me having conversations over the internet. =P

When would we be recording the first "episode"?

Apples
04-22-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't know of anything else, and my computer will probably get Skype on it as well cause my dads moving out to Texas [HELL YES HES GONE]

I might not be able to host until he leaves though [may 2nd], because I'm sure he and his dickery will have something to say about me having conversations over the internet. =P

When would we be recording the first "episode"?

The hosts, if all are gathered up by the time, it would be this Saturday.

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 07:09 PM
but the advertisement in your sig dummy.

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 07:10 PM
=\ poop.

I want to host but I won't be able to till my dad leaves. -_-

Get a possible temp host till then? lol

Apples
04-22-2008, 07:11 PM
but the advertisement in your sig dummy.

You want me to put the image you made in my sig?

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 07:12 PM
well yeah

Apples
04-22-2008, 07:16 PM
well yeah

Already done.

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 07:38 PM
awesome .

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Apples, is it possible for me to host after the 3rd? [my dad leaves on the second and the 3rd is my b-day] Cause I think that'll basically be around the time of the second show by what you've said.

Also I thought of another idea that would be kinda cool. Guest hosts, like have 3-4 normal hosts then have a 4th or 5th host that changes every time. Sort of like what SNL does =P

Apples
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Is it just me, or are people continuesly saying ideas I dont want to give out?
:c

STUFF
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Nah, you're faking that you had the idea in mind, so when this thing does get successful, you won't need to give credit when credit is due.

YOU ASSHOLE

Apples
04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Nah, you're faking that you had the idea in mind, so when this thing does get successful, you won't need to give credit when credit is due.

YOU ASSHOLE

I wish I am.
I think everyone is stealing my ideas.
D:
But Ill credit them anyway.

STUFF
04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
How can they steal your ideas if you haven't told anyone them yet? lololo

Apples
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
How can they steal your ideas if you haven't told anyone them yet? lololo

Stop asking me things I cant answer :P
And stuff, could you host in first episode, Spazz cant make it, he has a reunion.

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 08:57 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/0SAJ7JN5VFAWT249NNR2.anigifdel/91edd3be1e50f319aa87c4a538aa177f
good job

Apples
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/0SAJ7JN5VFAWT249NNR2.anigifdel/91edd3be1e50f319aa87c4a538aa177f
good job

Lol wut?

Vervanda
04-22-2008, 09:19 PM
more suggestions

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 09:26 PM
We should have an animator of the week as well as animation of the week. Sort of an animator highlight. Give information on who the animator is what hes done, what hes famous for, etc.

EDIT: We need a list on the front page for what the show will contain, cause I'v lost track of everything. =P

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
I'd likie to withdraw my request. I'm too busy as it is. I shouldn't kid. You wouldn't have picked me anyway.

*emosobwhimper*

Apples
04-22-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd likie to withdraw my request. I'm too busy as it is. I shouldn't kid. You wouldn't have picked me anyway.

*emosobwhimper*

Meowth thats right

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
That made me lol.

What about my suggestion? An animator of the week as well as animation?

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Meowth thats right

One mean child. :(

Cruel blatant truth bleeds through your mouth and infects my heart with AIDS.

Dragonkof
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
AIDS? OMFG NOE PLZ NOE

B33F
04-23-2008, 12:54 AM
I haven't been here in ages but I have to give my two cents on this, have people call in or something then give away awards or have polls and the award winner gets a signature. Or have a picture, animation contest or something and the winner gets a signature etc.

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 07:01 AM
go away beef

Dragonkof
04-23-2008, 07:10 AM
I haven't been here in ages but I have to give my two cents on this, have people call in or something then give away awards or have polls and the award winner gets a signature. Or have a picture, animation contest or something and the winner gets a signature etc.

Beef, this isnt a radio station.

Apples
04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Another stereotype is required.
Time to see if chimmy, jaws or miniman are available.
We need them to fill our stereotypical circle.

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
What we need for sterotypes:
Humoristic: <Fill in name>
Serious: <fill in name>
and i dont know the other two.

(fill in the names btw)

Doomdooer
04-23-2008, 05:31 PM
I could host, I guess. I've got a mic and shit.

. . .

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 05:33 PM
but you'd be a gheybo on the radios

Apples
04-23-2008, 05:34 PM
. . .

No.
:]

Paco
04-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I WANA HOST, no im ok.
to add on audix's list i think we need a person with a accent too.

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 05:36 PM
apples! we need somebody funny, like not you.
and somebody serious, like not you.

as in funny: ntg, etc.
as in serious: strung, ash, etc.

Apples
04-23-2008, 05:42 PM

as in funny: Secret host, he will be announced when the podcast airs.
as in serious: Spazz, though he could be the above as well.
Take that.

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 05:43 PM
but spazz, isnt entertaining, and he's black.

He would take the music over and start plaing his rap bands, no, rap GROUPS.

Apples
04-23-2008, 05:46 PM
but spazz, isnt entertaining, and he's black.

He would take the music over and start plaing his rap bands, no, rap GROUPS.

Then he fits the black stereotype.
And I personally enjoy Spazz.
Don't know why you don't like him.

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I dont really like the idea of the moving pictures during the podcast. Like what if i want to listen to it on the move with a ipod or something.

It's moving away from the podcast and is like going towards something else or something else or something else.

Scorpioxxx
04-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Soon as a figure our how to record shit with my mic i could help.

Apples
04-23-2008, 05:50 PM
I dont really like the idea of the moving pictures during the podcast. Like what if i want to listen to it on the move with a ipod or something.

It's moving away from the podcast and is like going towards something else or something else or something else.

Im not doing that, unless it would be an extra.
As in, there would be an mp3, and an swf.

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Put deathwish down as a writer apples, and we'll need more writers.

Deathwish
04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Put deathwish down as a writer apples, and we'll need more writers.

Listen to this man.

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Listen to this man.

Well you are a moderator, you can edit posts can't you?

Indeed i can.

StrunG
04-23-2008, 06:33 PM

as in funny: ntg, etc.
as in serious: strung, ash, etc.

He sounds like a fine young lad.

I don't think I have the commitment, but I guess I could be a backup. Like if a couple of the hosts are on vacation, I could fill in for one of them.

lol deathwish

Vervanda
04-23-2008, 06:34 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/5/55/Cheetos_Mascot.jpg

I know what youre thinking.
you can do it deathwish.

Apples
04-23-2008, 08:05 PM
He sounds like a fine young lad.

I don't think I have the commitment, but I guess I could be a backup. Like if a couple of the hosts are on vacation, I could fill in for one of them.

lol deathwish

In that case, you would need to be here this saturday.
Because apparently, everyone except me is available :P

MiniMan
04-23-2008, 08:14 PM
I'd be glad to do it. However I can't do it until next saturday at the latest but I'm free this coming Wednesday and from there until the weekend.

MiniMan
04-24-2008, 01:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntWsAcZeIMU

Whats stopping you for using bits of text to speech?Because text to speech sucks ****ing dick for a discussion.

Dragonkof
04-24-2008, 01:33 AM
no, for ads and Titles and stuff, not for discussion.

Vervanda
04-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Apples already said its going to be all sound, no pictures or moving pictures

Apples
04-24-2008, 05:49 PM
I am NEVER going to use text speech.
Text speech sounds horrible.

Vervanda
04-24-2008, 05:53 PM
well not when i use it in my music because i edit mine and make it better.

Rather Cheesy
04-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Its easier to record your own voice than to use text speech, I'd think. Plus text to speech sucks and no one wants to spend half an hour listening to robots... -__-

Cosmonaut
04-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I am Bender. Please insert girder.

Rather Cheesy
04-24-2008, 10:14 PM
lol, thats true.

But I meant the stereo typical robot that speaks in a text to speech kind of way. and besides, at least with Futurama, you get to watch whats happening. It'd be awful if bender and the other robots spoke in a text speech way and there was no video. Don't you think?

Apples
04-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Unfortunantly due to banning, miniman can no longer do the podcast.

Vervanda
04-25-2008, 04:57 PM
how many musix should i have by tommarow, also, tomarow is the big day i guess

Apples
04-25-2008, 04:58 PM
how many musix should i have by tommarow, also, tomarow is the big day i guess

We arent doing the podcast tommorow, no one is available, so we are waiting until next friday.
I am hoping about 5 songs, but its all up to you.
Anyone know how to get audacy to record a skype conversation?

Rather Cheesy
04-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I can't do it Friday, thats the day my dad leaves for Texas and I bet my mom will have a bunch of stuff to do that day. The day after that is my birthday. I can probably do it that Sunday...

Vervanda
04-25-2008, 05:25 PM
we need to take a more professional approach

Apples
04-25-2008, 05:26 PM
we need to take a more professional approach

That comment is directed towards?

Vervanda
04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
like this thread and you, i think that we should have somebody uhm, older in charge.
no offense of course

Rather Cheesy
04-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Apples is doing fine Audix, I see nothing wrong in what Apples is doing.

Vervanda
04-25-2008, 05:32 PM
he doesnt even know how to record it.

Rather Cheesy
04-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Thats why he asked. =P

Do you know?

EDIT: Get on IRC

Vervanda
04-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Well no, but i wasnt approving that it should be me or anything, just somebody that knows what he's doing

Apples
04-25-2008, 05:42 PM
I know what Im doing, I know how to edit audio, I have been told how to use audacity, though testing the in line feature hasnt worked too well for recording things such as youtube, which I assume can mean the same for something like skype.

Scarecrow
04-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Hay, I can do some music if you want.

Unfortunately you can't have my awesome voice because my brother overused my microphone before accidentally breaking it.

I have music making and editing skills so yeah. Let me know what's happening.

Myself
04-28-2008, 03:14 AM
Hay.

I'm australian so I can't host because you wouldn't understand me.

I'll just talk to Jawz. >:I