PDA

View Full Version : Tower Ascent [Collab]

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Tower Ascent

Make an animation of a black stick figure climbing through a tower heres an example of what the tower should look like (http://antiup.net/view.php?id=18718245853towerclimb1.swf). Don't make it look exactly like this, this is only an example, basically you're going to draw an obstacle course. have him climb in through the bottom of the frame, have him climb, jump, flip, and maneuver his way through your course then make him climb out the top. You are allowed to add traps like darts, saws, axes, etc. But your stick must be alive and mostly uninjured by the end. When they are all added together it will look like one stick climbing through a tall tower to the end.

DUE DATE IS MAY 16TH

RULES:

Flash Only, if you are using CS3 save it in flash 8 format [drop down menu when saving]

FPS: 24 [or animate at 12 fps then double frame]

Dimensions; 300x600

Background; The color of the ground must be #666666, no outlines, keep it simple, I will add a background behind that to make it look better. YOU WILL NOT BE ANIMATING AN ENTIRE TOWER only a 300x600 segment of the inside of the tower.

Your stick figure must a black medium sized stick.

Your character must be moving UP through the course. no going down or left and right,

You may add other sticks that intercept your stick, but the confrontation can't be a full battle, sort of like if a stick leaps at him, he would block, strike back and continue towards that top. The other sticks must also be completely different colors than the main stick. [anything but black or gray or white]

You may destroy your parts of the tower, but not so much so that it would destroy the whole tower. for example, your stick jumps to a platform, a giant rock comes down to crush him he jumps to another, and the platform he was on is destroyed. However you can not lets say have a bomb that completely destroys the segment. remember that there are other entries to be added after yours, so don't destroy the tower -_-

NO SPECIAL POWERS There are no super reflexes for dodging the traps and defeating the interception sticks. Everything will be realistic. THIS INCLUDES TRAPS I don't want a bunch of anti-gravity traps, and freeze rays. I want the classic, darts, boulders, walls of death, pit of vipers kind of stuff. Think Indiana Jones about this animation, k?

NO VCAM You will only animate one 300x600 section of tower at a time. You may do more than one section if you like though

Add traps, obstacles and challenges as you like. But try not to go overboard with it.

MUST USE REALISTIC PHYSICS I don't want an entry with a stick figure leaping through your course in a couple jumps, or to have him flying all over the place. Try to make it realistic, like hitting the side of the ledge and pulling himself up. Your stick figure has no powers of any kind so keep it that way.

That doesn't mean no acrobatics, You may make him swing himself around a poll do a couple back flips and land on a higher ground. But you must make it convincing.

Name your symbols *yourname*1 or *yourname*head. I would name mine Cheesy1 or Cheesyhead. THIS INCLUDES TWEENS!!! I can't stress that enough.

Sign your aniamtion in the upper right hand corner.

Name your fla *yourname*tower.fla I would name mine cheesytower.fla

PM ME YOUR ENTRY. Host the fla file [DO NOT SEND ME THE SWF] on savefile.com then PM me the link.

I will be doing the first entry where he walks into the tower and starts climbing

The final entry will be the stick figure at the top of the tower where theres a treasure of some sort. At that point he takes the treasure grabs a parachute and jumps off the tower. You may volunteer to animate this if you want. but I want a good animator to do it so I will choose from the volunteers.

By the time its finished your "obstacle course" type entries will look like one stick figure climbing a big tower.
[B]ENTRANTS:

- = Signed up to animate an entry, nothing submitted yet
$ = Has submitted +1 entry and in main animation
$ = Has submitted +1 entry and in unused
? = Might submit something, unsure.
X = Dropped out

- Rather Cheesy
- Kitsune
- Deathwish
? NTG
- Enigma
- the afro ninja
? aznfire1
- .Aklemo.
- Shanto
? 0rbb
- Scorpioxxx
- Darkness-Darkness
$ Byondrage
? grubber
- James Moer
- Mesmay
? SSJBryando
? Chunky
? Tasku
$ Tolin
$ Raffi
-
-
-
-
-
etc.

If I'm missing anything let me know!

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Entering

So ****ing entering

Must the obstacles be the same color? Light grey (#808080)

May we use vcam to a higher tower room?

Deathwish
04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
My favourite type of anim to do.

I'm in.

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Lol, I should've expected you to be the first entrant =P

EDIT: alright, Deathwish, added.

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Lol, I should've expected you to be the first entrant =P

EDIT: alright, Deathwish, added.

My questions must be answered before I start. :3 Is there a set obstacle or floor or platform color?

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 08:29 PM
My questions must be answered before I start. :3 Is there a set obstacle or floor or platform color?

Background; The color of the ground must be #666666. Keep it simple, I will add a background behind that to make it look better.

And there is no set floor/ceiling/trap settings.

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 08:32 PM
And there is no set floor/ceiling/trap settings.

Oh shit. I misread. I thought that that was the overall background.

Great! VCam is allowed then?

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Read the first post Kitsune... its all there...

@ NTG: missed your post XP

Awww... come on, please? Whats wrong with the dimensions? That shouldn't have any affect on if you can do it or not. The FPS is the same as my other collabs to... Please? You're supposed to challenge yourself with collabs =P

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Read the first post Kitsune... its all there...

@ NTG: missed your post XP

Awww... come on, please? Whats wrong with the dimensions? That shouldn't have any affect on if you can do it or not. The FPS is the same as my other collabs to... Please? You're supposed to challenge yourself with collabs =P

I didn't see that. I must be god damned blind!!! I've been missing too much shit lately.

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Fine. I'll make you a background... =P

Enigma
04-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Seriously Cheesy, whats with you and collabs?

Anyways, I'm totally ****ing in. I missed your last two, but not this one. No no no....

Kitsune
04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Seriously Cheesy, whats with you and collabs?

Anyways, I'm totally ****ing in. I missed your last two, but not this one. No no no....

He's really ****ing good at them. Some day I hope to match his skill. I'm starting a new collab on Sunday. I'ma constantly collab now. :3

Rather Cheesy
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Free time, I'm fucking loaded with it.

I have nothing better to do honestly, and I enjoy making them. So why stop? Come next semester though I'm going to be going to an actual school rather than homeschooling so I imagine I'll have less free time then. But who knows I might still be able to work on collabs then.

And in.

EDIT: @ Kitsune; lol, I am good at them, but I wasn't always. I had a bunch of failures. My first success was the hill collab. From there I did pass the salt, the stairs collab, remade the heavy object collab, and now Tower Ascent. I have an idea for another I might do along side this one, since summers almost here for me and because it might take awhile.

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 12:12 AM
ill join....90% chance of fail
I predict a 95% chance of success and you have no knowledge when it comes to collabs so your 90% chance of failure isn't founded by anything...

Yeah (looks at sig)

@Cheesy: Well, you still built an amazing system for collabs and introduced it to us. If it weren't for that, many collabs currently being made would now be failures. Including monochrome.
Yeah, my sticky helped alot of collabs I suppose...

yeah well whats your Gamertag score?

No one cares about gamertags, and by the fact that you're comparing yourself to others by it makes you look like a douche.

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 12:17 AM
I predict a 95% chance of success and you have no knowledge when it comes to collabs so your 90% chance of failure isn't founded by anything...

Me thinks he's talking about his own entry

the afro ninja
04-22-2008, 01:17 AM
when i said 90% chance of fail i was refering to my own attempt at another collab. T.T

and since you deleted my post, i assume ive been "banned" from the collab.
i was trying to figure out what Kitsune was talking about in my sig in my own ignorance. Even then, the "yeah well" was supposed to imply a playful manner. If Kitsune had gotten here to explain before you came along, my post would have been edited without you knowing my mistake.

No need to jump to conclusions, but if you're going to get so pissed off i won't bother trying to join any further.

faggot

Scarecrow
04-22-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm not in, I am far too busy.

Not trying to sound rude here, but please, stop PM'ing me, if I want to join a collab I'll join it ok.

Sorry.

[edit]

Also, afro ninja, you're a ****ing retard. Only moderators and administrators (and the people who made the post) can delete a post.

Bonk
04-22-2008, 03:52 AM
My entry would look out of place.

rx00worth
04-22-2008, 04:15 AM
pretty cool

hope this beats the heavy objects collab, it would be awesome!

.Aklemo.
04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
I guess I'm in.

Shanto
04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Um, same drill. I try to join, I try to make an entry. But then it sucks mid way, so I quit. I say "I'll do it again tomorrow". Same old suck. I eventually forget about it. But when I see it again, I end up quitting.

I'm just confused about the backround, since antiup aint working for me for some reason.

And also, I can't make backround worth SHIT.

Edit: Now I can see it. Thats not really a tower...doesn't look to hard to make...

I guess I am in.

aznfire1
04-22-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm really confused? Do i just draw obstacles or a tower(btw can i draw the empire state building instead)?
I might be in though.

Shanto
04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Lawl. Already made backround, it's kinda retarded, but still.

Raffi
04-22-2008, 10:35 AM
im in k

Etch
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
put me down as a myabe.

Scorpioxxx
04-22-2008, 12:55 PM
I'll try to submit something.

Raffi
04-22-2008, 12:58 PM
C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREEEEAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I like your sig, 0rbb.

SSOutPhase
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
RC....I LOVE this collab idea. Unfortunately I'm not enterin. Sorry man. Well...idk...I might consider it...

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 03:41 PM
HUGE QUOTE TIEMS

when i said 90% chance of fail i was refering to my own attempt at another collab. T.T

and since you deleted my post, i assume ive been "banned" from the collab.
i was trying to figure out what Kitsune was talking about in my sig in my own ignorance. Even then, the "yeah well" was supposed to imply a playful manner. If Kitsune had gotten here to explain before you came along, my post would have been edited without you knowing my mistake.

No need to jump to conclusions, but if you're going to get so pissed off i won't bother trying to join any further.

faggot
I can't delete posts, I reported your posts for spam and the mods deleted it. You need to be more specific about what you are talking about in your posts from now on. When you said "im in... 90% chance of failure" I thought you were talking about my collab being crappy and I saw no value from that post. Then you went and said "yeah well whats your gamertag score?" that sounds like you're trying to be a "tough guy" and comparing yourself greater than others because you think you have a high score. Its also OBVIOUSLY spam. Even if it was a legit part of a conversation. Keep in mind we can't hear tone of voice through posts. You have to be more specific like " I'm in, I give a 90% chance of my entry failing though >_<" Text smilies tend to help get moods and tones across as well hence why I tend to use ^_^ and =P alot.

Sorry if I misunderstood your posts, and I'll let you join. So long as you be civil and don't start up like this again. k?

I'm not in, I am far too busy.

Not trying to sound rude here, but please, stop PM'ing me, if I want to join a collab I'll join it ok.

Sorry.

[edit]

Also, afro ninja, you're a ****ing retard. Only moderators and administrators (and the people who made the post) can delete a post.
Lol, sorry Jawz, you're a good animator and I wanted to let people know [especially good animators] about the collab sooner rather than later. So I PMed all the animators I could think of at the time =P

My entry would look out of place.
=\ Thats true, I didn't think about your fullbody style when I PMed you. D=

pretty cool

hope this beats the heavy objects collab, it would be awesome!
Are you joining? Or just commenting on the collab? Explain.

I guess I'm in.
Awesome ^_^

Um, same drill. I try to join, I try to make an entry. But then it sucks mid way, so I quit. I say "I'll do it again tomorrow". Same old suck. I eventually forget about it. But when I see it again, I end up quitting.

I'm just confused about the backround, since antiup aint working for me for some reason.

And also, I can't make backround worth SHIT.

Edit: Now I can see it. Thats not really a tower...doesn't look to hard to make...

I guess I am in.
Its not an outside view of a tower its a simple background to draw, you can do just about all of it with the square tool =P

I'm really confused? Do i just draw obstacles or a tower(btw can i draw the empire state building instead)?
I might be in though.
Draw one like the example on the first post. He's climbing the INSIDE of a tower. No need to draw the empire state building. =P

I'll be doing the first entry where he walks into the tower and starts climbing. then some one will do the final entry where he reaches the top, grabs the treasure and parachutes to the bottom. It will look like hes climbing a tower when its all over.

Lawl. Already made backround, it's kinda retarded, but still.
I'm sure it'll be fine shanto =P

im in k
added

put me down as a myabe.
maybe'd

I'll try to submit something.
added

C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREEEEAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I like your sig, 0rbb.
Curse you, you combo breaking person.

RC....I LOVE this collab idea. Unfortunately I'm not enterin. Sorry man. Well...idk...I might consider it...
D=
But you're awesome! Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase? *puppy eyes*

lawl

Saline
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Okay, IBN.

SSOutPhase
04-22-2008, 04:16 PM
D=
But you're awesome! Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase? *puppy eyes*

lawl

Nooo! Puppy eyes!!! D= *looks away*....

Sowwy...I'm gonna be outta collabs for a while until I finish this anim I'm workin on.

Sunder Forge
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
So no due date so far? Well then I got a great idea, can the tower be destryoed in anyway? and must the climber be human?

Jkyiij
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
I'll join but be ready to put me in unused section because i suck at physics.

New Generation
04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm in for sure. If you let me in thought.

Don't worry I'm intermediate now =D

Who cares about rank anyway!? *Poof*

Sunder Forge
04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Physics aren't hard, think to yuorself after you animate anything in the video "Could I do that" or "Could a free runner do that?"
And remember gravity.

bruised fruit
04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I'll join, dunno if i'll be able to finish cuz i've been rather busy lately
being grounded *cough*
but ill try ^_^

Jkyiij
04-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Can the stick be intercepted by other sticks?

aznfire1
04-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah ,what he said ^^^^^^

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Okay, IBN.
Awesome, and read your PMs I answered your question =P

Nooo! Puppy eyes!!! D= *looks away*....

Sowwy...I'm gonna be outta collabs for a while until I finish this anim I'm workin on.
=\ Ok so long as you're working on something awesome =P

I'll try to make something. Cool idea.
Thanks, added.

So no due date so far? Well then I got a great idea, can the tower be destryoed in anyway? and must the climber be human?
Shit I knew I forgot something, the due date is three weeks from today's Friday. That way I could piece it together over the weekend. I'll grab the exact date in a bit.

No the tower can not be destroyed, they will be tied together to look like one stick climbing through one tall tower.

EDIT: You can destroy your part of the tower with traps and such, but the tower can not be demolished or completely destroyed, only damaged.

Alright then, I won't expect anything overly awesome =P

I'm in for sure. If you let me in thought.

Don't worry I'm intermediate now =D

Who cares about rank anyway!? *Poof*
Alright, I'll let you in, your ban seemed to strain the ass-ness out of you.

Physics aren't hard, think to yuorself after you animate anything in the video "Could I do that" or "Could a free runner do that?"
And remember gravity.
Yeah, its sorta easy, I think animators tend to get an "eye" for good physics that beginners don't usually have, mainly with force, anticipation, and easing.

I'll join, dunno if i'll be able to finish cuz i've been rather busy lately
being grounded *cough*
but ill try ^_^
Haha, got caught huh? ; ] lol

I'll put you as a maybe. ^_^

Can the stick be intercepted by other sticks?

Yeah ,what he said ^^^^^^

Yes, but make the interception small, don't start an all out battle, make the main stick sort of in a rush to get to the top. Like the interceptor leaps at him, he blocks, hits him back and starts climbing again. Fighting them shouldn't be a priority =P

Also make the interceptors a completely different color so you know who is who.

aznfire1
04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Blood splatters are ok right.

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Of course

aznfire1
04-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Can i totally destroy my tower part but he still lives?

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Can i totally destroy my tower part but he still lives?

No the tower can not be destroyed, they will be tied together to look like one stick climbing through one tall tower.

EDIT: You can destroy your part of the tower with traps and such, but the tower can not be demolished or completely destroyed, only damaged.

Learn to read =P

aznfire1
04-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Well right now i'm in a hurry with alot of things on my head , sorry.

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 08:00 PM
lol no problem, keep everything simple and it'll be fine. Think Indiana Jones. ^_^

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Over this weekend, I'm collaborating, and I have a bunch of schoolwork. I'm a get in a bunch of entries for your collab though. :P I don't want to JUST be a part of this collab this time, I want to make the most epic entries on this. It's hard with bloodfruit and NTG likely to be on.

I'll start next Friday. I'll post then!

@ Jawz. The PMs are meant to notify you of it in case you didn't find it in the forums. :3

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Just try to make one REALLY epic and smooth animation instead of alot. or perhaps two really epic and smooth animations ^_^

Also if Jawz doesn't want to be PMed when I make a new collab, I'm fine with that. their just reminders, and if someone doesn't want to be reminded I just wont. simple as that.

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Just try to make one REALLY epic and smooth animation instead of alot. or perhaps two really epic and smooth animations ^_^

Also if Jawz doesn't want to be PMed when I make a new collab, I'm fine with that. their just reminders, and if someone doesn't want to be reminded I just wont. simple as that.

Well, seeming as the Idea I have requires quite the taller room, I can make different rooms that he goes through something else, basically being the same entry, but in different rooms. I can make that idea and another cool one. :3

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Alright, sounds good.

Request
04-22-2008, 09:40 PM
I havent animated in a long while, I may do this depending on how my tower turns out.

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 11:07 PM
I havent animated in a long while, I may do this depending on how my tower turns out.
>: (

lol

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Ok, then darknessx2 added.

@kitsune; ?

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Ok, then darknessx2 added.

@kitsune; ?

I'm just being angry at him. :P He quit my collab due to Xbox. lol.

*Continues to glare*

>:(

jk. :D

byondrage
04-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Hello!

okay im in, new style anyways...
wish me luck!

=D =D =D

Rather Cheesy
04-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Ok, byond, added.

Request
04-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Yah ima be on xbox less, animating moar so hit me up.

Kitsune
04-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Yah ima be on xbox less, animating moar so hit me up.
Well I am giving you a rain check then.
.____________________
|...............4/23/08......|
|..........Rayn Chek........|
|....For collab entry.......|
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're joining my next collab.

lol.

Request
04-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Alright man, next one sign me up.

Kitsune
04-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Alright man, next one sign me up.

The forums JUST massly changed the fonts, so my rayn Chek looks ****ed up now!!!

Rather Cheesy
04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
thanks for spamming guys -__-

More entries!

aznfire1
04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Uhhh ,when does it end?
Sorry if it's already on the first page but can't find it!!!!

Rather Cheesy
04-23-2008, 07:10 PM
3 weeks from this weeks Friday. I need to find the exact date. >_>

Sunder Forge
04-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I won't do anything on it for a while, and I might not even then, I got like 3 projects to do. 1 should be easy, and two I got today. Then there is the french help I need.
D:

Rather Cheesy
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Ok, grubber, no problem.

The exact due date is May 16th

Sunder Forge
04-23-2008, 07:20 PM
****, my science one is due May 11th
XO
i'm out.

aznfire1
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey can i make a grappling hook or a weapon and it there a set colors for them?
nvm u already answered

Sunder Forge
04-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Since I won't make one, i'll post what my idea was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwo_y6Xjxs0&feature=related

Rather Cheesy
04-23-2008, 08:14 PM
****, my science one is due May 11th
XO
i'm out.
You can't do it earlier than that? ='[

Since I won't make one, i'll post what my idea was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwo_y6Xjxs0&feature=related
lol, not a bad idea, but it would destroy the tower. Wouldn't it?

also lol @ easy boss =P

Raffi
04-24-2008, 02:30 AM
ME = NOT ON LIST?!

Rather Cheesy
04-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry Raffeh, I'm running slow on the list. I'll add you now.

DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND:

If you can't draw the background or don't know how to draw one like I did. I will draw you a back ground. Just don't expect alot of moving contraptions and traps, It'll be simple and you will have to add any complex parts [crushing walls, swinging axes, snake pit, etc.]

I don't have time to draw everyone a background though, so if you can draw one please do. I'll only make you one if you can't make it come out right or don't know what to draw.

aznfire1
04-24-2008, 07:29 PM
I know you already seen my background, but i don't have enough time to do what i want to do on it because i got loads of other crap, so if you can make a simple one for me thanks.
My old one well it's too complicated and takes too much time to get the stick through.

Rather Cheesy
04-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Alright, I've seen yours and I understand, lol. I'll make you one and PM it to you.

Jkyiij
04-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Can we use FPS code?

New Generation
04-25-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm not on the list! D:

Do I have to start it, or start it when it is my turn? O.o

Rather Cheesy
04-25-2008, 03:32 PM
@Jkyiij; No FPS code, just add more frames in between like I told you. trust me, it will look alot better.

@James; Sorry, I'm not on top of the list, I'll add you right now. and you can start anytime you want.

Rather Cheesy
04-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Bump! More people please!

Also, just so you know I probably won't be on tomorrow to take care of the thread or PMs, so just be patient if you have any questions. =P

Enigma
04-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Working on mine, just letting you know.

Rather Cheesy
04-26-2008, 05:35 PM
OK, thanks for working on it this early ^_^

Raffi
04-27-2008, 05:58 AM
I'm starting mine now too.

Rather Cheesy
04-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok, thanks for lettting me know

Please keep this thread bumped people. It has to survive until the 16th...

Any song suggestions?

aznfire1
04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Any ideas of what type of song you want suggestions

Kitsune
04-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I have some songs:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/137041 Starts off a bit slow, some intro time I guess...
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/106666 Asians are fun.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/6012 Irish are fun

Rather Cheesy
04-28-2008, 01:11 AM
Any ideas of what type of song you want suggestions
Just suggest to me songs you think would fit good with the collab by sending me links to where I can listen to the song. Like Kitsune did.

I have some songs:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/137041 Starts off a bit slow, some intro time I guess...
Not bad, I but it doesn't jump out at me as the right song.
asains ar every fun but this one doesn't seem right to me.
Sounds more like a tropical island song to me >_> Its to slow not at all the right kind of song.
Bold

aznfire1
04-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Just suggest to me songs you think would fit good with the collab by sending me links to where I can listen to the song. Like Kitsune did.

Bold

Ok but do they have to be from newgrounds?

New Generation
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
I haven't started animating my entry, sorry lol. Too addicted to runescape! O.o

Rather Cheesy
04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Ok but do they have to be from newgrounds?
No, from anywhere, Newgrounds is just a good spot to search for original music.

I haven't started maming my entry, sorry lol. Too addicted to runescape! O.o

Runescape?! No way is the world are you 15. I declare you to be 10...

New Generation
04-28-2008, 03:41 PM
In the world actually,lol. I'm not ten for god sake. T_T

It's just quite fun when there's nothing to do. I'm not that keen to do animating thought, especially with good physics. But if I actually settle down and animate, it will come out good, also if I take more time on it =O

Oh sorry spelled animating wrong! How did that happen?

EDIT: I've started animating my part, don't expect it to be finished soon, takes time *sigh*.

Mesmay
04-28-2008, 04:39 PM
In .

Ssjbryando
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
im not in yet ,but I was just gonna drop by to see how this is going, since it has SO many posts. Yet so little have joined lol O_o posts is not everything

I might be in, put me as a maybe, plz.

Rather Cheesy
04-28-2008, 05:41 PM
In the world actually,lol. I'm not ten for god sake. T_T

It's just quite fun when there's nothing to do. I'm not that keen to do animating thought, especially with good physics. But if I actually settle down and animate, it will come out good, also if I take more time on it =O

Oh sorry spelled animating wrong! How did that happen?

EDIT: I've started animating my part, don't expect it to be finished soon, takes time *sigh*.
Runescape is a crappy game, you will realize it when you get older. And if you're not 10, you're 11. I'm 15 and I realized Runescape was shit about 3 years ago. No way are you 13 or older.

In .
Alright, added

im not in yet ,but I was just gonna drop by to see how this is going, since it has SO many posts. Yet so little have joined lol O_o posts is not everything

I might be in, put me as a maybe, plz.

Maybe'd

Yeah alot of people don't understand the concept so alot of the post is discussion on what to animate.

aznfire1
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I have some songs:

first one i like
Second one i love (because i'm asian)
third one i like

but for this animation this might be good :http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/138966

well i don't know what type of music to use.
Any suggestions of type would be good. :)

Rather Cheesy
04-28-2008, 07:58 PM
That makes me thin of batman for some reason >_>
Not the right kind of song for this I think.

aznfire1
04-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Be a lot easier if you tell me what type like rock, heavy metal,hip hop, orchestra music, etc.
Or at least an idea.
Or go to newgrounds they have tons of music.

Rather Cheesy
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Dude, this is why I'm asking for suggestions, I have no set type of music set as the type that will be used in the animation. Just suggest me songs you think would be good based on your own entry and what you think should be playing the background of it.

Your constant questions are honestly starting to get on my nerves...

bruised fruit
04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
im thinking something like da mario theme song or something. ^-^
if it hasn't already been suggested.

Mesmay
04-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Can I make the last one?
I got some ideas for cinematics, etc

aznfire1
04-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Dude, this is why I'm asking for suggestions, I have no set type of music set as the type that will be used in the animation. Just suggest me songs you think would be good based on your own entry and what you think should be playing the background of it.

Your constant questions are honestly starting to get on my nerves...
Sorry man, it's just i have a time limit on this computer and there are tons of songs to go through.

Rather Cheesy
04-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Then don't worry about it, other people can give song suggestions. The song pick is not dependent on just you.

And time limit? What is this blasphemy? Lemme guess your parents limit your time on the computer, right?

New Generation
04-29-2008, 01:43 PM
For me, I can get off my computer whenever I want, :P

My parents know I'm smart enough not to play too much games, I usually do animating, or revising on the bbc.co.uk Keystage 3 revision bites. Or for homework. =D

Chunky
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Put me as a maybe, I don't want to say that I will finish for definite.

Rather Cheesy
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Alright chunky, maybe'd

Chunky
04-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe appreciated

Tolin
04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Background; The color of the ground must be #666666, no outlines, keep it simple

*Ignores rule, starts animating*

New Generation
04-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Then your entry won't be accepted, all to for nothing, only to waste, also a waste of time. I'm telling you, it will be wasted... wtf so many *waste* words here. O.o

Rather Cheesy
04-29-2008, 06:06 PM
James, Let me deal with the thread not you.

You gotta keep it simple at least, I can easily change the color of the ground. Just don't go over board with detail.

aznfire1
04-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Then don't worry about it, other people can give song suggestions. The song pick is not dependent on just you.

And time limit? What is this blasphemy? Lemme guess your parents limit your time on the computer, right?

Yup!
They think i spend too much time.
Shoot they (by they i mean my mom) just saying that so she can get on and spend like 14 hours reading or watching movies.
My mom needs a life.

Motencu
04-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Can I join. I've seen all of the collabs and this one seems the funnest

Rather Cheesy
04-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah sure, just make sure your animation is good otherwise I'll have to put it in the unused ^_^

New Generation
04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
I have finished making my background, started the intro of the stick figure climbing,will be quite hard. =D

Tolin
04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Is it OK that I give you two versons of my animation, and then you can decide? Because the detaljed background tured out better than I thought, and I think a simple one-colored background is so boring. But you will get one detaljed, and one not detaljed.
Also, it would look good if all the animators made a black transition like this:
http://www.antiup.net/view.php?id=17514476995Quick.swf
http://www.*************/open/1209586953
I think it will look pretty cool if everybody did it.

Soon done.

Oh, I'll maybe give the last animation thing a try.

[Edit]
I'm not in the list..

Rather Cheesy
04-30-2008, 06:40 PM
I have finished making my background, started the intro of the stick figure climbing,will be quite hard. =D
Take your time with it and move slowly, if you rush it you're bound to make a crappy one =P Besides you have over two weeks till the deadline.

Is it OK that I give you two versons of my animation, and then you can decide? Because the detaljed background tured out better than I thought, and I think a simple one-colored background is so boring. But you will get one detaljed, and one not detaljed.
Also, it would look good if all the animators made a black transition like this:

Soon done.

Oh, I'll maybe give the last animation thing a try.

[Edit]
I'm not in the list..

Yeah send me one with the detailed the other non detailed and I can look them over and see which one would work better. The lack of detail is so that way people who can't draw good background [like me =P] can still make an entry without feeling that their entry was crappy because of their background.

Kitsune
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm going to make a quick one for now because I have grayscale coming up. I might do it as I get free time.

aznfire1
05-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Grayscale? ^
I have no idea what that is.

Tolin
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM

New rule maybe, or what do you think?

[Edit]
I'm not in the list..

@aznfire1: It is Kitsunes collab.

Rather Cheesy
05-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I can add the transition in easily so I can add it once I get all the entries.

Also sorry, forgot to put you on the list. I'll do it now.

New Generation
05-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Erm. :(

I don't feel much confident with my part, looks kind of crappy, but smooth, but a bit fast lol. I'm not used to animating at 24 fps, my second time >.>

I may quit, I don't know. It would have been better if everybody could use their own style, I'm really good at animating my own style, I'm using the old style that no one liked D:

Without the outline. What should I do?

This is quite hard. *Panic*

Hmmm, I don't know. The entry of my stick figure is a bit too stretchy, or over acrobatic. :|

Will you accept Cheesy? Should I send you the preview first? Okay I will send it, *nervous* lol.

Motencu
05-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah sure, just make sure your animation is good otherwise I'll have to put it in the unused ^_^
Sure ill try my best

aznfire1
05-01-2008, 06:36 PM
@aznfire1: It is Kitsunes collab.

Really!!! I didn't know that (no sarcasm intended).
Well thanks for pointing that out.

Rather Cheesy
05-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Erm. :(

I don't feel much confident with my part, looks kind of crappy, but smooth, but a bit fast lol. I'm not used to animating at 24 fps, my second time >.>

I may quit, I don't know. It would have been better if everybody could use their own style, I'm really good at animating my own style, I'm using the old style that no one liked D:

Without the outline. What should I do?

This is quite hard. *Panic*

Hmmm, I don't know. The entry of my stick figure is a bit too stretchy, or over acrobatic. :|

Will you accept Cheesy? Should I send you the preview first? Okay I will send it, *nervous* lol.
It looks fine James, just finish it up. I would defiantly accept that as an entry.

Really!!! I didn't know that (no sarcasm intended).
Well thanks for pointing that out.
Could you PLEASE stop spamming my thread... -_-

aznfire1
05-01-2008, 07:25 PM
My bad.
Man my part is bad in my eyes.
i need to know what do you think(i'll pm you)

Rather Cheesy
05-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Aight, PM me the preview...

Rather Cheesy
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
BUMP

More song suggestions?

Raffi
05-03-2008, 02:50 AM
PM'd my entry.

Rather Cheesy
05-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Alright thanks raffi, looks good. ^_^

byondrage
05-03-2008, 03:42 PM
i have a song suggestion. but its pretty short.

Fell in love with a girl - White Stripes - 1:49 minutes long.

almost done with my part the only problem i had was i colored my stick when i wasnt supposed to. i should be done in a few minutes maybe longer...

=)

Rather Cheesy
05-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Post a link to where I can listen to it. =P

If your stick is on one layer just use the edit multiple frames onion skin and its an easy fix ^_^

byondrage
05-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Post a link to where I can listen to it. =P

here it is.

White Stripes - Fell in Love with a Girl (http://www.imeem.com/people/BhmAK7/music/-8xkw47F/the_white_stripes_fell_in_love_with_a_girl/)

Rather Cheesy
05-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Not bad, But like you said its short. I'll try it out and see how it works, but I think the animation will be longer than the song so more suggestions would be nice ^_^

New Generation
05-03-2008, 05:56 PM
T_T. I'm so lazy with my part, I haven't touched it since the preview. :P

I'll continue now. Thought I have to go to bed somewhat like, now. =O

EDIT: Some songs to consider.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/138966 - O.o

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/135024 - YA!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/62051 - BRING IT ON!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/60560 - Sick beat, but long intro :(

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/129300 - Erm, it's good for a stylish jumping animation =O

Rather Cheesy
05-04-2008, 02:23 PM
T_T. I'm so lazy with my part, I haven't touched it since the preview. :P

I'll continue now. Thought I have to go to bed somewhat like, now. =O

EDIT: Some songs to consider.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/138966 - O.o
A little bit to, dark? if that makes sense, a good song but just not the right style me thinks.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/135024 - YA!
To much rock, but still a good song.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/62051 - BRING IT ON!
This ones much better, in fact, I'll consider it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/60560 - Sick beat, but long intro :(
A little to slow me thinks, alot of the entries I've got go through pretty fast.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/129300 - Erm, it's good for a stylish jumping animation =O
Not bad, but I feel the one I said earlier fits alot better

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/62051
This one is my pick out of your suggestions. ^_^

New Generation
05-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks for commenting, atleast I got one right that fits your needs.

Rather Cheesy
05-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Alright, big massive props to Tolin for the rock-hard-awesome-kick-ass-rape-you-with-a-dildo backgrounds he put together for me ^_^.
height=600 width = 300
http://antiup.net/view.php?id=76318926217TowerBGs.swf
These will be placed behind your entries backgrounds and it will make it look like the inside of the tower. Don't worry about putting them in yourselves, I'll do it as I get your entries so that way their switched up a bit.

Also:

Please remember to sign your name. You can put the name anywhere on the screen that is out of your way, the best spots seem to be in the ground somewhere.

Also remember to make the color of the ground #666666 NOT #999999 or #CCCCCC or #333333. Other wise you probably won't be able to see your ground and I'll have to go in frame by frame and change it all, there by making me very frustrated with you.

byondrage
05-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Please remember to sign your name. You can put the name anywhere on the screen that is out of your way, the best spots seem to be in the ground somewhere.

Ah, Shoot...
could you add my name for me, i forgot about it. sorry for the trouble.

Rather Cheesy
05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Ah, Shoot...
could you add my name for me, i forgot about it. sorry for the trouble.

Yeah, thats why I said to sign your name was because I got your entry =P. I already signed it for you. ^_^

Rather Cheesy
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Bump! Please keep this thread alive people ^_^

byondrage
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
ok, keeping hope alive

=D

Motencu
05-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Can you put me as in maybe?

Rather Cheesy
05-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Ye sure, maybe it is

Rather Cheesy
05-06-2008, 01:26 PM
BUMP! I shouldn't have to keep bumping this people...

IN OTHER NEWS:

I joined the official spp contest so expect a delay in my replies longer than normal and I probably won't be finishing my entry for this either. I'll be working on my contest entry ALOT.

New Generation
05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah I know how it feels. So nervous, 4 weeks and 3 minutes of pure animation. They should increase time span fo' sure!

Rather Cheesy
05-06-2008, 02:21 PM
It should be enough for me. [hopefully] But they should really bring down the max time. 3 minutes i a bloody long animation, I don't think alot of the computers people use here can handle the lag from a 3 minute animation...

But if we're going to talk about the contest we'll do it in the thread. This topic should only be for discussion of Tower Ascent...

aznfire1
05-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Yup, i am bumping this for RC!
no one is talking come on keep this collab alive!!!!
Oh btw i thought the backround was gonna be alot differant then the one with the bricks. but i like it!

New Generation
05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
BUMP.

And I've nearly half done with my entry, I have exams going on now you know. Hopefully I will finish on time.

Rather Cheesy
05-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Sounds good James. I'm willing to extend the due date cause I really don't have that many entries right now >_>. That and I won't be as focused on this with the contest and all.[as I said before]

Rather Cheesy
05-08-2008, 03:20 PM
BUMP! I really shouldn't have to bump this thread... >_>

I need song suggestions, the more song suggestions, the better.

Drifts
05-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Rather Cheesy i really have to say your the king of collabs....everytime you finish one you have an idea for another, and yet alot of people join lol

Scorpioxxx
05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm out, got my comp animation to work on. This was just a bad time for collabs I think.

Rather Cheesy
05-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Agreed, Zulu just ****ing raped this collab [unintentionally of course]. I only have two main animation worthy entries, if I don't get more then I'll have to declare this collab a failure...

byondrage
05-09-2008, 12:15 AM
I really hope it doesnt die, it shouldnt. But with the other thing Zulu made, some people just dont have the time. Or they just thought it was a better idea. I really have no idea, but it will be a dissapointment to see this collab fall...

byondrage
05-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah, thats why I said to sign your name was because I got your entry =P. I already signed it for you. ^_^

thanks man

n_n

aznfire1
05-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Bump!!!!
This thread can't die I almost ****ing forgot bout this collab, and i'm animating for it too!!!!

fitzy
05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
why cant you just extend the due date RC till after the SPP competition

Rather Cheesy
05-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Bump!!!!
This thread can't die I almost ****ing forgot bout this collab, and i'm animating for it too!!!!
I already declared it dead. Its over, submit your entry to the flash section if you want to.

why cant you just extend the due date RC till after the SPP competition

Because by then it will have become to old for people to remember about it. I'll probably revive this in a couple months, but for now its dead and its not up for discussion.

TOPIC CLOSED