PDA

View Full Version : Frank's thread

Frank'd
02-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Lately i've been so busy animation has become a second priority, but here you can check out some of my work and tests!
http://www.fileize.com/view/8ef5aa21-565/
http://www.fileize.com/view/b990ebfe-7e3/
http://www.fileize.com/view/bc8a6c50-444/
http://www.fileize.com/view/f1fb5893-fce/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTCYb-2uD7k&list=UU_WBJoFpFzEDIIHE4srjuUA&index=21&feature=plcp

Keep updated! MIGHT make some more tests eventually~

PLasmaghost
02-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Bawllin' anims man. ;)

but of course, you already knew that.

STYLE! is finally all here! (unless flax isn't yet :o) (**friend request me**)

+Omega
02-06-2012, 07:28 AM
-nice movements, a bit too fast though o:>
-I really like exercise 19
-that explosion is sick!
-damn! o_o
-cant watch that video in my country D:

nice to see you around Frank <3

Yun
02-06-2012, 07:39 AM
-A bit confusing since you first had slippery floor, then you just made it look like there was intense friction. o.o
-Loved it.
-Explosion-jizz! But, it was quite wobbly at the top.
-<3 Flux
-I love it. Nice shading, too. :)

Hidro
02-06-2012, 07:45 AM
that "yeeah" goop, was the definition of sexy
nice job

Meteor
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
I've always loved your easing and style.
You sir, are one of my favorites <3

ChriWkz
02-06-2012, 10:57 AM
that explosion O_O and that effects(like goop) omg
Nice anims

Loopy
02-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Skyyppeeeee NAO

Glad the otter had finally joined :)

Psyder
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Wow these tests are freaking good man, your explosions are epic !

Frank'd
02-07-2012, 03:23 PM
thanks guys for your ongoing support!
what would be of me without you lot? :,)
im gonna try and make something as soon as i can, i promess!

Shho
02-07-2012, 09:25 PM
These anims. Are good.

Arch-Angel
02-08-2012, 07:21 AM
The first two animations weren't very good to be honest. You hive nice movements and good speed, but you need more frames in a lot of areas.
It looks like you're just making them slide around which isn't good. In the one where he turns into liquid and reforms was decent I suppose. I loved the particle effects and how you animated the reformation, but it looks like you didn't even know what was going to happen when you started animating, so you improvised.

The explosion wasn't very good at all. Very wobbly and way to fast. Not enough force either. I didn't get the vibe that holy shit something just blew up.
Why would the flare be on the edge of the smoke clouds? That implies that the explosion originated from the corners instead of in the bottom, that isn't good either. It's very unrealistic.
I do like the colors you used on it though, and how you shaded the smoke cloud. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

As for your suicide animation, I liked the movements, they weren't bad, but you still need more frames in some areas. Not as many issues as the first animation you posted though.

You've got amazing potential and ability, I'll be sure to look at your future animations.

Frank'd
02-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Wow guys thanks for starting a discussion in my thread...
that's always lovely

if you are still willing to confront each other because of dumb reasons, try using personal messages
trust me, its better than explaining your points of view in a random thread...

Nutcracker
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Cronos, nah man his constructive criticism was ok. CC is always good, Arch-Angel was just a little harsh, that's all.

And also maybe a little inexperienced because that explosion was fucking sexy!

Arch-Angel
02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Wow guys thanks for starting a discussion in my thread...
that's always lovely

if you are still willing to confront each other because of dumb reasons, try using personal messages
trust me, its better than explaining your points of view in a random thread...

Yeah sorry about that. I did have a response written to Cronos' last comment, but I decided it was best not to post it considering it would be rude to derail your thread in such a way.
He's not worth a pm either so :/

Look below.

Cronos, nah man his constructive criticism was ok. CC is always good, Arch-Angel was just a little harsh, that's all.

And also maybe a little inexperienced because that explosion was fucking sexy!

I'm harsh because I want people to make sure they understand my points. I never want my criticism to be taken as flaming or trolling, that is counterproductive.
Also, how's this for inexperienced:

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/2_9_2012/702811explosionhelp.png
Hopefully this helps convey my point. The bottom portion of your explosion where it started did flare, which is good. Having the upper portion flare up isn't good because it basically like saying it's exploding again, but there is no force and there aren't any additional movements. If you take my second drawing where it has the point of origin and the arrows pointing outward, imagine that happening at the three locations where your explosion flares up. There has to be something causing the flare, in your case there is not.

Hidro
02-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Arch-Angels's critics are good, though you need to rephrase your CnC, rule n1 of CnCing, is too always add something nice after everything you say, that way people wont misunderstand you and think your an asshole, you say "The 2 first animation are good, but..." instead of "The first two animations weren't very good to be honest".
Anyways regarding the explosion, now that Arch-Angel points it out, i can see it wobble a little bit too, the bubble to the left that splits from the pack does have a bit of wobbliness as it gets darker
nothing serious, but anyways that explosion with a bit of camera shaking, would look great as one of those cinematic "explosion in the horizon"

oh, and I think you guys opened an interesting debate, go and do a thread in the debates forum, and leave frank's thread alone
:)

Frank'd
02-10-2012, 11:10 AM
omg guys please..
DONT DEBATE HERE
THERES EVEN A THREAD FOR THAT
GOD.

Arch-Angel
02-10-2012, 11:15 AM
omg guys please..
DONT DEBATE HERE
THERES EVEN A THREAD FOR THAT
GOD.
Took care of it :)

Shho
02-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Took care of it :)

I apologize for discrediting your oh-so-important opinion...

Nice anims Frank, I thought the explosion was nice regardless of realism.
However I did find the first animation a bit fast.

I'm sure you won't be seeing me much around here.

Cronos
02-10-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry Frank.

The first animation was good, I liked it. Your movements are mostly spontaneous, and therefore you lack anticipation in much of your animations. However that is not a bad thing, because it is part of your style. I think maybe you should try animating more frames, instead of double framing as it will increase the smoothness of your animations with little effort. While the quick style of your animations does look good, maybe you should also create more closely spaced, slow segments to complement it.

The second animation is pretty much the same movement wise, although it does feel slower and closer to what I was suggesting before. You can still slightly notice the double framing though.

The third animation looks really good, reminds me of the test explosions Miccool often made (looks a lot like anime). It is a tad wobbly and locks force, though it doesn't seem have you even intended it to be that kind of explosion anyway. Once again though, you can see the double framing when it starts to dissipate (I am just one of those guys that hate double framing, so don't worry because most people probably won't even notice it).

I couldn't find a single bad thing to say about the last one, because it was pretty much perfect. I probably watched it about 30 times because you animated the fluid so well. Maybe if I went to fluidanims more often I would know how to animate fluid that well o.o! (then again I have pretty much never animated straight water, so you have inspired me there)

The last one was pretty cool, maybe you should have made more of the stickmen fight back rather than go down in one hit (coming from the guy that usually just goes "fuck it. I am just going to make these fuckers explode on contact, rather than screw around animating their reactions")