PDA

View Full Version : SPP / FA Merge Story Collab

Ashlander
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Im putting together a story about the SPP/FA merge as if they were separate nations, and us their citizens. The story will be told from both perspectives, there is no real 'bad guy', and character relationships and development will play a major role. For example, there will be a lot of 'side' or 'sub' stories going on amongst the characters as the main story progresses. Im expecting this to be the biggest story, both in length, and sheer story content to hit this forum in a long time.

I want two of the best writers FA has to offer, as well as one or two of the best SPP has. Alot of the SPP members will have parts in the story by default, i dont know most of the FA members, that will be up to them.

The gyst of this story is that SPP takes over FA, taking in all its citizens, but FA takes political power. Some SPP citizens resist and fight this change in leadership, and FA retaliates, doing everything it can keep and maintain power and order.

Let us know if you want in, and if your empathetic towards the opposing side, or a radical. We're going to generate your 'bios' from your actual personality/history/goals/etc. If you wish to play a certain role or something, let us know, and we'll do the best we can to work it in.

Writers:
Ashlander
Sacred
Cavaliere

Characters:
Note: This is organized by the forum each person hails from, not exactly the side of the conflict they're taking.

SPP

Ashlander - Former PF Spec Ops Infantryman

Stooney - Former PF Spec Ops Helicopter Pilot

Sacred - Explorer, just returned from exploring the ruins of Shiftlimits and Power-Fusion

CrazyJay - SPP President

TheSaw - SPP Adviser

Zed - Former SPP Politician, forced to resign due to economy reset

Index - Former SPP Chief of Police, also forced to resign due to economy reset

Devour - Mourning, joins resistance for personal reasons

Gyodon - SPP Radical

Jeremy - Leader of the Resistance

CMPunk - Conspiracy freak, Convinced FA was secretly behind the economy reset to weaken us

Scarecrow - Resistance member

#32 - Resistance member

FA

Stone - FA President

Jeff - Former SL President / FA Adviser

MirrorsN'Mirror - 4chan immigrant, speaks bad english

------------------------------------
If you want to be a writer in the collab, add me on msn. There is much to discuss.

Sacred
02-06-2012, 07:20 PM
E-mail sent.

Ashlander
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Add me on MSN, and ill talk to you about it tomorrow.

Sacred
02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Sounds good.

Nikx232
02-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure how well this collab will go, but I can tell you that our best writer will most likely turn down this challenge. Most of us are pretty busy with our academics and/or just waiting till this "Writer's Lounge" becomes more organized so we can settle in comfortably.

In my opinion collabs do not present the best qualities of writers individually, so if you want to challenge her you should send a personal message.

Ashlander
02-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Who is it?

Nikx232
02-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Jessepinwheel. That was her name on the FA site at least.

Sacred
02-07-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure how well this collab will go, but I can tell you that our best writer will most likely turn down this challenge. Most of us are pretty busy with our academics and/or just waiting till this "Writer's Lounge" becomes more organized so we can settle in comfortably.

In my opinion collabs do not present the best qualities of writers individually, so if you want to challenge her you should send a personal message.

No one does writing collabs usually so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. We're not doing this to showcase our writing skills, we're doing it because it's fun and enjoyable. This isn't a "challenge", it's an invitation to write in a group and co-operate on a complex and meaningful plot. And I don't know what you exactly mean by getting this "Writer's Lounge organized". What're you waiting for, a fucking red carpet? Just write something and make a thread. I don't know how it could be more organized than that.

Chromium
02-07-2012, 07:23 PM
No one does writing collabs usually so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. We're not doing this to showcase our writing skills, we're doing it because it's fun and enjoyable. This isn't a "challenge", it's an invitation to write in a group and co-operate on a complex and meaningful plot. And I don't know what you exactly mean by getting this "Writer's Lounge organized". What're you waiting for, a fucking red carpet? Just write something and make a thread. I don't know how it could be more organized than that.
Yeah, I bet this whole thing probably sounds completely crazy to all of you. But on FA there was wRHG, wRHG clans, Writing collabs and all of that crazy mess going on. Much more complicated than the simple "Literature" thread, aye? But I think it's better this way IMO. wRHG was fun for me, but it turned from a casual hobby to a full-on occupation, and between battles, monthlies, roleplays and freelance stories, it's hard to keep up with everything else. When and if wRHG arrives at SPP, I'm not sure I'll remain in freeborn. Just too much to keep up with for me.

Now, let's switch back to english. This collab you've got here is a pretty nice idea. I've seen loads of FA history threads (all of them failed to my knowledge) and there were probably a few SPP ones as well. But both of them combined? That is new. Not to volunteer anyone, but I have a feeling some of the writers still at FA would be both willing and capable of helping you out. In the case that nobody else is interested, I guess I could help you out. But before anybody signs up fro anything, you might want to confirm the setting, time period, and all that. I get the plotline, but I think people will want to know when this takes place. I'm assuming it's modern day, but who knows, you could just as easily pull this off by setting it in ancient rome of all places. Pardon my babbling, but the word "Forum" is actually a term used to describe the centre of Rome, the Roman Forum (Foro Romano, if you wish to get technical.) Could go well with the Rock Hard Gladiator thing we've got going on. But yeah, I'm getting off-topic. Just post the time-period, I guess.

Ashlander
02-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I bet this whole thing probably sounds completely crazy to all of you. But on FA there was wRHG, wRHG clans, Writing collabs and all of that crazy mess going on. Much more complicated than the simple "Literature" thread, aye? But I think it's better this way IMO. wRHG was fun for me, but it turned from a casual hobby to a full-on occupation, and between battles, monthlies, roleplays and freelance stories, it's hard to keep up with everything else. When and if wRHG arrives at SPP, I'm not sure I'll remain in freeborn. Just too much to keep up with for me.

Now, let's switch back to english. This collab you've got here is a pretty nice idea. I've seen loads of FA history threads (all of them failed to my knowledge) and there were probably a few SPP ones as well. But both of them combined? That is new. Not to volunteer anyone, but I have a feeling some of the writers still at FA would be both willing and capable of helping you out. In the case that nobody else is interested, I guess I could help you out. But before anybody signs up fro anything, you might want to confirm the setting, time period, and all that. I get the plotline, but I think people will want to know when this takes place. I'm assuming it's modern day, but who knows, you could just as easily pull this off by setting it in ancient rome of all places. Pardon my babbling, but the word "Forum" is actually a term used to describe the centre of Rome, the Roman Forum (Foro Romano, if you wish to get technical.) Could go well with the Rock Hard Gladiator thing we've got going on. But yeah, I'm getting off-topic. Just post the time-period, I guess.
Actually i believe the term 'forum' refers to any public discussion grounds.

Timeline is modern day. Its not really a 'history' story per-say, although it will be influenced by the history of the two sites, references and whatnot. Its more of a story on how this merge would possibly go over in the real world (albeit worst-case) instead of the internet. Like a historic recounting... only more death, explosions, and shit hitting the fan.

But yeah, Sacred is in. Any FA writers that think they're up to it let me know.

Sacred
02-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah guys we got a really kickass story going. But it's mainly for the SP side of the conflict. If any writers from FA that know their community well is willing to join, please do. Much needed!

Nikx232
02-07-2012, 11:58 PM

What I meant by "Organized" was pretty much what Chromium had said, and in more specific terms, several subsections similar to the Literature section to separate everything. I just feel more comfortable and organized that way IMO.

- Literature
- wRHG
- Original Works
- Random
- etc...

But anyways, I honestly would like to join, but college work, friends, and "friends" keep me a bit too busy. I hope all goes well in this collab!

Raptor
02-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Gyodon - SPP Radical

Fucking. Priceless.

Blue
02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Uh...am I important and influential enough to get a part as a character in the story? :]

Sacred
02-08-2012, 05:00 AM
What I meant by "Organized" was pretty much what Chromium had said, and in more specific terms, several subsections similar to the Literature section to separate everything. I just feel more comfortable and organized that way IMO.

- Literature
- wRHG
- Original Works
- Random
- etc...

But anyways, I honestly would like to join, but college work, friends, and "friends" keep me a bit too busy. I hope all goes well in this collab!

Original Works? Random? What's the point of dividing it into subsections? It's all original works if it's written by the authors correct? The wRHGs should just go on in the RHG section.

I think it's easier with just a literature section and if you post a story you can mildly explain if you did it for fun or if you did it seriously or if its a fanfic, etc etc. I really hope the literature section doesn't get "reorganized" to whatever your guys' set up was.

Scarecrow
02-08-2012, 06:27 AM
characters:

scarecrow - the best

Zed
02-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Wouldn't mind a mention. Also:

Ashlander - Former PF Sppec Ops Infantryman

Fix'd

Sacred
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Hey don't worry we already got you guys in the story.

Ashlander
02-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Charactors updated. As you can see, we could really use some help from the FA side of things.

DiPi
02-10-2012, 02:46 AM
If you want, I can joint: I'm from FA

Scarecrow
02-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Scarecrow - (the best) Resistance member

fixed

this is non negotiable

Ashlander
02-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Dont worry. We got shit worked out for you.

bubbles
02-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I'd love to be a writer in this, but I don't have MSN, and I think you have to pay for it.
So would I at least be able to be a character?

Ashlander
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
MSN is free dude. Just get it on MSN and use your hotmail/live/msn login.

But either way, yeah we'll work you into it.

Ashlander
02-11-2012, 03:05 PM
We have most of the main plot events buttoned up. Still need a couple writers from FA to pitch in. I have a few lined up, just waiting to have a good chat with them. Then we can finish the story-boarding and begin writing.

To give an idea of the length, we have 12 chapters planned out so far, and still more to go. This will change though, as they will be changed and deleted/new ones added, as we get to start planning with some FA guys. And some may merge/split during the writing process.

jianglei
02-12-2012, 05:04 AM
That reminds me, Where did Don QuiXote of La Mancha (a.k.a. Miguell Cervantes) go?

Ashlander
02-12-2012, 08:26 AM
If your referring to Cerventes he is now Captain Cook.

Joose
02-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Hello mister Ashlander, I see you have quite a roll of people there. I'm sure there are enough people but if you wouldn't mind having another person from SPP I would like to be mentioned. That is all.

Ashlander
02-13-2012, 05:42 PM
We'll see, i think we got most of the main characters done for SPPs side, but we may always add more depending on the needs of the story. And theres always 'side' characters too. We'll work you in either way. Were you even around during the reset or the merge?

Joose
02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I was here for a bit after the reset then I took one of my naps aka I didn't post for a while because I don't fucking know why.

Sacred
02-13-2012, 06:55 PM
No go away Jooseph.

Joose
02-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey you're just being mean because I have a Juh sound in my name and you have a Guh sound in your's.

Sacred
02-13-2012, 09:54 PM
....and?

Joose
02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
u jelly.

Nocturna
02-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I absolutely have to get in on this. There's this thing I've been meaning to try out and this is perfect for it. Its an html5 interactive webpage that compiles a bunch of stories into a timeline. It's like a universe. The timeline branches off into sub stories and other things entirely. I'd also love to participate in the actual writing of this.