PDA

View Full Version : Space Station. A story of horror, suspense, mystery and betrayal.

Devour
02-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi, guys. It looks like I need to keep on writing if I intend on staying sane. So I made this. Read everything below, and you'll learn all you need to know before you give me a character to use for this story.
Sorry for the half-baked writing. It's 1 AM here and I need to go to bed. I can assure you that the story following this will be in much better quality than this introduction is.

Welcome aboard to the SSS. The Stickpage Space Station. We currently reside smack-dab in the middle of space, orbiting the sun itself.
We are a huge facility, and you will definitely find that out for yourself as soon as you make yourself at home. We mine asteroids to make our money and fatten our budget, but this station's full purpose is science. We study ancient alien artifacts with technology we could never understand, research medical advances, human DNA altering, and our favorite of all: We love to blow shit up!
We have everything. A singularity engine powers our whole station; fueled by a black hole itself. This energy runs a hospital, kitchens, bars, garbage disposals, engineering rooms, hydroponics, and a huge array of other things. There are captain's quarters, an armory full of deadly weapons that can only accessed by the Head of Security, ventilation shafts, and many other places. Some doors can only be accessed by people with keycards that have the clearance to open those doors. Best of all? There is a kind, self aware AI who watches over this station. It can literally control the whole place; opening any doors, electrifying them, cutting out power, all that kind of stuff. All hell would break loose if it was reprogrammed, though. This station is fully decked out, and it's a great place to be if you plan on advancing our already formidible technology out in space.
Or not.
Because unfortunately, one of you are here to kill us all. You may look like a human, but underneath that skin of yours is a Changeling. A monster with the ability to literally suck the life out of human beings--turning them into featureless husks-- and take their DNA. With it, you can transform into the person who's life you stole. You can pretend to be our friends, right until you're finally alone with us, and you unleash the monster inside you, killing us easily. You will steal our life, steal our bodies, and continue to lie and trick and betray us until you have enough life force inside you. Then you can turn into a terrifying Abomination; terrifyingly strong, powerful and almost unstoppable. But if you did this prematurely...the element of surprise would be ruined, and we could manage to stop you.It's why you haven't done it yet. Not until there are too few of us left to stop you anyways.
We need to find out which one of us is this Changeling. As the death count rises, more and more irregularities will be found. The Changeling cannot act forever, and he will be found out eventually. Eventually. But wil it be in time to save us all, as we're standed millions of miles from home?

This story will consist entirely of Stickpage/FA users, and then characters made up by me to fill up the spaces. I will write on this story every day (hopefully), and post updates occasionally. You can follow this mystery along, and try and figure out who this Changeling is before he kills everyone.
Here's how you can make a character for me to use.

Your Stickpage name: This one's self explanitory.
What is your personality?: Are you nice? Smart? Easy to get a long with? This part is important.
What is your physical body like?: Are you a guy or a girl? Are you strong, or do you use your brains to get you out of trouble?
What is your job?: I'll explain this one.
Why are you here?: Your character's backstory.

Here's the list of jobs you can take up on this Space Station. I'll also show who took these jobs:

-Captain (Devour)
-Head of Security (Can't be the Changeling)
-Security Guards (Can't be Changeling)
-Head Scientist
-Scientists (Vtoon, ______, _______, _______)
-Quartermasters (They can order goods and even weapons back from Earth, or other space stations)
-Electrical Workers (These guys keep the black hole/singularity engine running, and make sure it doesn't break loose.)
-Doctors
-AI (artificial intelligence that runs the ship)
-Miners (DiPi, _____, _____,)
-Artifact Researchers
-Human DNA Alterers (These guys can make other people super soldiers. Even themselves, if needed. Their DNA machines can also blind people and etc.)
-Bartender (Superfire)
-Janitor (Cell)
-Priest (There's a church in this space station, and this man runs it. Much to everyone's annoyance)

I think that's it. I hope you all have fun with this, because I sure will.

Devour
02-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Post reserved to hold the names of characters. Hopefully there will be a lot.
Important: If you are selected as the Changeling, I will Private Message you that. Try and keep suspicion away from you as the members discuss who the Changeling could be, and even try and blame someone else, if you need to. The only way to survive on a station full of hostiles, is to make them think you're friendly.

VToon
What is your personality?: He's a stubborn man who cannot admit the fact that he is wrong and is skeptical of almost everything
What is your physical body like?: I eat healthy so I'm around the average weight. Man.
What is your job?: Scientist
Why are you here?: I was raised in a narrow-minded family and was limited to the outside world. When I grew up and saw there was a whole side of life I can experiment and test with. I ran away from home(21). Worked day and night to maintain the crappy apartment, and took an interest to science. So I joined Stickpage Space Station. Now I'm here.

Superfire
What is your personality?: Annoying, Thinks he's more athletic and strong then everyone(He's not). Gullible.
What is your physical body like?: Skinny and weak. Eats unhealthy yet he isn't fat.
What is your job?: Bartender
Why are you here?: I used to serve drinks on land. Then I got offered to serve drinks in space! How cool is that?(Gullible).

Captain Cook
What is your personality?: I'm an easy-going guy who doesn't converse much, but when I do I'm a very nice, helpful guy. I like to help people out.
What is your physical body like?:I'm a dude, and I'm on the older side, maybe 40, and I'm a bit overweight. Think Sean Penn. I rely on my smarts most of the time.
What is your job?: A medic.
Why are you here?: I signed up with the Colonial Marines Medic's Corps in my earlier days and fought many battles on different planets. I was a mediocre soldier, and eventually I got promoted to Captain. And while I was a shitty soldier, I made a great doctor. I always took every chance I could to save someone's life, and I never killed anyone. But I put others well above myself. When I left the military, I attended a school in Medicine and gained my Doctorate in very little time. I eventually got married and graduated from school while receiving multiple awards. however, the hospital I worked at was bombed when my wife was giving birth, and they both died, and the media portrayed me as running out on them. So eventually I started taking jobs that would put me further and further away from Earth. But then I saw the roster for this ship, and I saw an old female classmate on the list. I never met her, but I saw her at a bar the night after, and I became obsessed with her.Eventually I accepted this mission in order to be closer to her, and hopefully, forget my past as a fucking failure. But over time, I became less attracted to her, instead, I saw her as a daughter to be protected.

Cell
What is your personality?: Mostly stay to myself, a bit anti-social.
What is your physical body like?: A guy. Prefer brains to brawn but has a little of both. Medium build.
What is your job?: Janitor
Why are you here?: Got fed up with the amount of people around. Decided to take a break from it all and accepted a shady offer to work aboard a sparsely populated spaceship. Unfortunately, got conned and lost all his money by the person who made the offer and was unable to leave when he discovered the size of the spaceship.

DiPi
What is your personality?: He likes to joke in every situation, even the most unsuitable. He likes to get drunk and he get angry when someone doesn't take things easy.
What is your physical body like?: Guy. A little sturdy and a little under the average height
What is your job?: Miner
Why are you here?: He used to work in a coalmine until it went bankrupt. Searching for work, he took the first one available, which was mining on space (he thought it was a joke about space)

Sacred
What is your personality?: Hard to grab his attention. His mind is always on very important things. But when you do have his attention he makes sure you and him both stay well informed. Not rude personality wise, just attention wise.
What is your physical body like?: Young man at the age of 25.
What is your job?: Artifacts Researcher
Why are you here?: Ever since he was a young boy Sacred was always interested in the next frontier. He found it as the savior of the human race for when the Earth finally loses the ability to withhold our people. Artifacts interest him to no other and when he finds something ancient he makes sure he knows everything about it. Put both of those together and you get a perfect job that's offered to someone studying strongly on both subjects all throughout their academic life.

Marshmallow
What is your personality?: Very sarcastic, and almost always has to get his two cents in, though he is a nice and relaxed guy most of the time.
What is your physical body like?: Male, is baiscally the middleman when it comes to physical attributes
What is your job?: Quartermaster
Why are you here?: Lost his job as an international trader for a furniture company. While looking for another job, he heard about a new place needing a person with simple buisness and trade skills, and it was just his luck that the place was located in the middle of space.

Ashlander
What is your personality?: Honorable, will help anybody with anything i can.
What is your physical body like?: Tall, Blond, athletic build. Physically tough guy.
What is your job?: Head of Security, or Security Guard (either one)
Why are you here?: Just transferred from a different space station due to excessive force charges.

Bubbles
What is your job? Human DNA alterer
What is your personality? Overly dramatic, often braking out into fits of evil laughter over mundain things, and making long speeches about the transformation of flesh whenever I alter another, even if its just a vaccination.
What is you physical attire like? Think measly doctor, skinny but able to transform myself with the ungodly powers of science!
Why are you here? After being convicted of mutating several animals (cats, dogs, hamsters etc) into horrific flesh eating monsters in the name of science, and inadvertently causing the brutal deaths of several people, I was given a life sentence. However I continued my marvelous work on inmates. Discovering this they sentenced me to death. The SSS however offered me a deal, they recruit me thus saving my life, as long as I don't experiment on any of my colleagues.
Obviously I excepted, it was a chance to expand my work. After all, alien life forms aren't colleagues...

Crankuba
What is your personality?: He is very driven and has a refusal to give up, due more to optimism than anything else. Even though he tries to see the best in people, the less he knows someone, the more he suspects them of being the Changeling. This doesn't mean that strangers are the only people that he suspects though; they'll just be higher on his list.
What is your physical body like?: Crankuba is a guy in his early twenties with an average basic build. His hair probably has color, but it is far too short to tell for certain.
Why are you here?: Even from a very young age, Crankuba was told that he could be anything he set his mind to and his eyes sparkled at the idea of becoming the President...that did not work out. 23, out of work, homeless and bankrupt, he took the first job that was offered to him.

PhilitoWhat is your personality?: he is a calm, accessible and friendly person but just the few people that interact with him can say this, although he likes to have friends he uses this to know more about those who walk around in the SSS, enjoys to have conversations (as long as they do not ask about his family). He's been seen staring through the reinforced windows of the station watching the emptiness of the space or maybe looking for something. He analyzes the attitude of the people trying to understand them.
What is your physical body like?:39 years oldhe has an average heigh, skin is half brown, he has a black beard that goes from his sideburns till the chin and short hair too, his eyes are brown with a serious glaze and his body describes him as tough guy.
What is your job?:miner
Why are you here?:Philito during his life in the earth was a hard worker miner in México in a coal mine, he lived in the mountains near to his workplace along with her wife in a small house. Her wife turned into this weird monster. It was a monstrosity, he had to shoot her, the shot was heard by a cop near the road, after that he was sent to a mental hospital for 10 years, when he finally came out he heard about the SSS and saw it as the only place were he could get away from his past, he went to the USA and took the course of space mining, with a high rating in the knowledge and skills test he barely move to the SSS because of his treated mental illness.

Devour
02-06-2012, 10:07 PM
IT BEGINS

Everything looks ready to go. Devour thought, making a routine double check of the whole station with the help of S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W. The man spoke freely, and he knew that the AI could hear him from anywhere in the ship. As long as the cameras were working, at least. “One last time, and then we can finally get things running. You up for it, Scarecrow?”
“Don’t bother asking. I might as well.” Scarecrow sighed. “I’ll do the same checks as last time.”
“Of course. And just to be sure, you wouldn’t mind stating your A.I laws one last time, would you? Just to make sure no geniuses tried to change them up before we left Earth.”
If a nonphysical A.I could have glared at Devour, it would be happening now. Without waiting he replied, “One; I may not harm a human being. Two; I must protect my existence, as well as the ship’s safety, as long as it does not violate law one. Three; I must obey all orders given by humans, as long as it doesn’t violate law one or two. The captain’s orders go above all others.”
“Glad to hear it.” Devour replied, satisfied. “Now, to give the final announcement.”
“Whatever.”

“This is SCARECROW. Please take a good look around you one last time, to make sure you have all the supplies you need. I have ensured that there are no electrical failures. Engineers, you will be needed to set up the singularity as soon as possible, to keep the ship running. Quartermaster, you will need to order some metals and glass for the Robitics station to use. Everyone else knows their jobs. Have a good stay at the Stickpage Space Station. A hundred and eighty days remain until we head home. All you can do is hope your loved ones haven’t forgotten about you by then.”

Every room in the station heard the announcement, but Bubbles ignored it. He had much more important things to do.
“At last! A place I can truly use my skills!” He crowed, dancing with glee. “All the supplies I need! A whole host of test subjects!” He threw open a sliding door, which revealed two large rows that were filled to the brim with alive, healthy monkeys. He opened one of the metal cages, and pulled a monkey out, which gave Bubbles a bored look that could only mean, ‘Are you fucking kidding me?’
But the doctor paid no attention. He didn’t give many things at all his undivided attention. He danced back to his side of the room, opened the door to the DNA modifying computer, and threw the monkey inside. He slammed the door shut in a fit of maniacal laughter, and booted up the computer.
A few moments later, two injectors plunked out of the computer, labelled “Hangover Cure.”
“Bubbles, explain to me what use the structural enzymes of a monkey are to you. And why have you created syringes that contain them?” Scarecrow spoke through the speakers of the Genetics room. It caused Bubbles to jump, screeching and turning around to cover the screen with his back.
“These aren’t the SE’s of a monkey, it’s a hangover cure. What are you talking about? What are you doing here?!”
“Lie detected. Throw those things away. If somebody was to be injected with those enzymes, it would turn them into a primate in an instant.”
“Ah, whatever. I’ll throw them away later.”
“Lie detected.”
“Oh, shut up and go pester somebody else. Maybe I need some self defense.” Bubbles sighed haughtily, and proceeded to ignore that nosy A.I. He had a lot of testing to do, and the four acclaimed ‘super powers’ hidden inside of human DNA weren’t going to find themselves.

“Have a good stay at the Stickpage Station.” Cell muttered, mocking the voice of Core. “Like hell I will. This place is bloody huge. I’ll never keep it all clean.” He walked down the hallways lazily. The janitor’s closet was probably in this general direction, but he wasn’t sure. He’d find it when he found it, he guessed.
Fortunately or not, the janitor’s closet was right where he thought it was. With a quick slip of his ID card, the metal doors slid open, and his supplies were revealed behind it.
Cell was amazed, and he went through the supplies slowly. “Foam bombs...? Good for cleaning entire rooms in a jiffy. May leave the floor extremely slippery for a few minutes.” He read, and he smiled as he considered a room full of crowded people, slipping all over each other.
The thing he saw next really did blow him away. It looked something like a cloning tube, but the glass was green and a single pipe stuck out from the bottom. “A brute force stomach pump… Use this to clean out someone’s stomach if they’ve eaten something poisonous… Warning: Do not keep an occupant in here for more than ten seconds, or he will be anally expunged to the point of death.” Cell shook his head in bewilderment, before wondering who would have thought up such a machine. “Heh, they really do have everything in here. And hey, look. Special shoes that let me walk over slippery places without, well, slipping.” Cell shrugged. The station was clean right now, and to be honest, it wouldn’t be getting much dirtier. Maybe the bar would need cleaning every once in a while, but that would be it.
Maybe things wouldn’t be so bad after all.

These are the things that were going on, all throughout the station. People were gathering up their equipment, setting up their stations, and beginning the first day at work out of six months on an outpost way out in the middle of nowhere. However, inside of the maintenance hallways where nobody ever went, things were much less peaceful.
“Oh, God. What kind of a monster are you?!” Cried the voice of a man who knew he was about to die. Just a few moments ago, an old friend of his had told him to go into these dark, empty halls with him to talk about something important. He claimed to have received a message from Stickpage Headquarters, and they were warning him that something threatened the whole ship. Only a few people could know about it, but he was going to tell him anyways.
Obviously, that had all been a lie. His old friend’s skin had melted away, and he’d transformed into a drooling, snarling humanoid with massive jaws and wild eyes. With scrawny, grey legs it stalked closer to this poor man as he was backed against a wall, and he squeezed his eyes shut in a vain attempt to make his death any less horrible. There was nothing he could do about it.
The monster pounced, grabbing the human’s head and slamming it against the wall viciously, again and again. Each impact was harder and harder, until a sickening crack sounded throughout the empty hallways, and the monster knew that this man was dead.
And so a straw-like spear extended from the monster’s mouth, and he stabbed it into the neck of the now-dead man. His blood, his DNA, and his very identity was stolen from him, and it was all transferred into the monster’s reservoirs of power.
When the process was finally complete, the poor human was an unidentifiable husk. Nobody could have identified him, without the help of his ID card.
As for the monster, he now looked exactly like the man had. To complete the ruse, he stripped the husk of his clothes, and took his ID card. He placed the old, fake ID card that read, “Alexander Bell” into the husk’s pocket for someone to find.
“That’s one human down.” It said slowly, testing his new voice. He flexed his new arms and blinked his eyes. “Now to get the rest of them. It will only get better from here.”

And so the story of our small, hopelessly lost Stickpage members began. Most people were completely oblivious to the fact that a Changeling was among them, but how much longer would that last?
Not for long. That much was for sure.
“Hey, Cell! What are you doing in this side of the ship?” A miner named DiPi asked, raising a hand in greeting. He and Crankuba were heading to the dry docks, to put on their suits and do a bit of casual mining on the asteroid the station was parked on.
“Wandering the ship.” Cell replied testily. “There’s not many messes to clean up yet. I’m learning my way around the place… What about you guys? Not many people come out to the maintenance bays.” He gestured to the area around him.
“It’s a shortcut!” Crankuba chimed in. “A good one, too. You can go straight from the bar to the dry docks, and get there before the beer gets to you. Then you can be drunk, and more importantly, not bored, while you start mining.”
“And why do they call it a dry dock anyways? Do we have a wet dock on this station? I don’t think so.” DiPi grumbled. “The big guys that run SSS should really think that one through.”
“I know, right? It makes me wonder how they managed to build a space station like this one.”
“Actually, they can be as stupid as they want. It’s the engineers and mathematicians who—”
Cell had completely lost interest in this conversation already. He was uncomfortable, and he looked around desperately for an excuse to leave.
The reason he found was one that he immediately wished he hadn’t.
Crammed into a corner was a naked, charred husk of what might have been a man, at some point. Its skin was deathly black, and it blended into the shadows of the badly-lit hall so well, that he almost hadn’t noticed it. The thing’s throat was a bloody crater in the center, and the eyes were completely gone. There was no way that he could have recognized who the body had once belonged to.
“Oh, shit.” Cell turned away quickly, squeezing his eyes shut. The image was burned into his mind, and it didn’t go away no matter how hard he closed them.
“Hey, mate. What’s wrong?” Crankuba asked, concerned.
“There’s a fucking… ugh, just look!” Cell snapped. His own eyes drifted back to the corpse ten feet away, and he immediately cringed.
“Oh, Jesus... It looks like the shit I took this morning.” DiPi breathed, looking around to see if he had gathered any smiles. His eyes fell when he saw that there were none.
Crankuba ignored him. “How long was that fucker here? It looks like it’s been dead for years… except it doesn’t smell.”
There was a series of beeps, before S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W’s voice came to life from one of the nearest cameras, causing all three men to jump in surprise. “The tones of your voices indicate there’s an emergency going on.” The A.I’s voice was completely uncaring. “What’s wrong?”
After a few seconds of startled complaints, all three of them pointed to the corpse.
“A dead body... I see. Well, I can’t see it clearly enough to make any judgments. One of you three need to drag it into the light.”
“What? Why? Is your camera a potato or something?” The thought of touching that horrific thing scared the shit out of Cell, but the two miners next to him were staring at him. He was the janitor, after all.
“Bring it closer.” The A.I repeated, less patiently than before. “I’ll explain later.”
So he quieted his rolling stomach, and dragged the corpse until it was a couple feet away from Scarecrow’s camera. The body was rock solid, but it weighed as light as a feather. He nearly fell over backwards as he overcompensated for the weight, and that terrifying figure almost fell on top of him.
“You are a bastard. I know you could see this thing from over there.” Cell swore when he was done, and he wiped his shaking hands on his pants.
“And you are a pansy.” Scarecrow replied. “Ah, yes, now I can see clearly.”
“And?” DiPi asked impatiently. “What caused that big hole in its throat? Did some alien rape him there or something?”
“I guess that this wasn’t obvious to you because you’re a couple of miners and a janitor.” Scarecrow began. “But anyone who knows anything about space would know that we have a serious problem.”
“And what would that problem be?” The miner yelled at the camera.
“The problem, you uneducated boy, is that we have a Changeling among us.
“A changeling is something that you should learn to be afraid of. They are things that can eat a person’s DNA and identity, and kick more ass than anyone on this station can, one on one. From far away, they can spit acid that can put you to sleep, and you’d be eaten by them before you even came close to waking up again.
“They’re smart, too. They have to be. The biggest weapon a Changeling can have is surprise, and that’s what keeps it alive. It can’t let the station know who it is, or who it’s pretending to be, because our combined strength could easily take him down. This body here is probably the husk of a man who he ate, and he’s probably not too far away from here. Pretending to be one of us.”
“Well, shit.” Cell breathed. “How do we find out who the Changeling is before he kills us?”
“Lucky for you, I’ve seen many of these situations before.” Scarecrow replied, losing interest quickly, now that he couldn’t scare the three flesh-and-blood humans in front of his view-screen out of their wits. “Outsmart the Changeling.” He said simply. “You’re going to either force this thing to reveal his true self, or you’re going to make him accidentally tell you that he isn’t human. His lies can’t be perfect forever, and hopefully he will slip up before he kills all of you. And don’t forget; he can also change his form into anyone who he has eaten before.”
“It’s like a really, really bad game of Rabbit Doubt then.” Crankuba said. “We need to figure out what we’re going to do. And if we can even trust each other.”
“Hey, man. I was with you ever since we got here.” DiPi raised his hands in a show of innocence. “Now, I’m not pointing any fingers. But you were ‘wandering the halls’ around here, right?” He asked the wide-eyed Cell. “You didn’t have any good reason to be here.”
Cell snapped out of his trance. “Wait, what? I’m not the Changeling!” He protested. “I really did have nothing to do. It’s just terrible luck that I was in this general area.”
“This kind of logic solves nothing.” Scarecrow interrupted. “What you need to be doing is bringing up all the facts you know, and you need to put them together like a puzzle. I did it, and now I already have a pretty good idea of what’s going on.”
“Do you?” Cell asked quickly. “Well, tell us!”
You could almost hear an evil smile behind Scarecrow’s words. “Well, that wouldn’t be any fun, would it? I’m immortal, and I’m bored out of my mind. I’m going to watch.
“If the station appears to be in danger of being taken over by the Changeling, I will step in and save your already-short lives. But until then, I will observe, and hopefully find the Changeling quickly. Now if you will excuse me, I need to report this to the Head of Security.”
And the camera’s light flicked off, leaving DiPi, Crankuba and Cell alone in their wide-eyed terror.

super fire
02-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Your Stickpage name: super fire(*sigh* I hate this name)
What is your personality?: Annoying, Thinks he's more athletic and strong then everyone(He's not). Gullible.
What is your physical body like?: Skinny and weak. Eats unhealthy yet he isn't fat.
What is your job?: Bartender
Why are you here?: I used to serve drinks on land. Then I got offered to serve drinks in space! How cool is that?(Gullible).

Devour
02-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Added. I'm quite discouraged with the number of people joining so far :<

DiPi
02-07-2012, 05:29 AM
DiPi
What is your personality?: He likes to joke in every situation, even the most unsuitable. He likes to get drunk and he get angry when someone doesn't take things easy.
What is your physical body like?: Guy. A little sturdy and a little under the average height
Why are you here?: He used to work in a coalmine until it went bankrupt. Searching for work, he took the first one available, which was mining on space (he thought it was a joke about space)

Excellion1498
02-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Your Stickpage name: Excellion1498. Nickname Cel? If possible?
What is your personality?: Mostly stay to myself, a bit anti-social.
What is your physical body like?: A guy. Prefer brains to brawn but has a little of both. Medium build.
What is your job?: Janitor
Why are you here?: Got fed up with the amount of people around. Decided to take a break from it all and accepted a shady offer to work aboard a sparsely populated spaceship. Unfortunately, got conned and lost all his money by the person who made the offer and was unable to leave when he discovered the size of the spaceship.

Cook
02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Your Stickpage name: Captain Cook
What is your personality?: Are you nice? Smart? Easy to get a long with? I'm an easy-going guy who doesn't converse much, but when I do I'm a generally nice guy. I like to help people out.
What is your physical body like?: Are you a guy or a girl? Are you strong, or do you use your brains to get you out of trouble? I'm a dude, and while I'm a normal sized guy, I rely on my smarts most of the time.
What is your job?: In real life I'm a firefighter, so maybe something like that.
Why are you here?: I came onboard to make sure the ship's cooling engines would be safe.

DiPi
02-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't know why but it remembers me DEAD SPACE :3
just joking

Devour
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
The closest jobs to that would be either a medic, or a security guard/head of security. Which one do you wish to be?

Cook
02-07-2012, 01:08 PM
mediccccccc

Devour
02-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Awww yeah. All of you are added up now.

Sacred
02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Your Stickpage name: Sacred
What is your personality?: Hard to grab his attention. His mind is always on very important things. But when you do have his attention he makes sure you and him both stay well informed. Not rude personality wise, just attention wise.
What is your physical body like?: Young man at the age of 25.
What is your job?: Artifacts Researcher
Why are you here?: Ever since he was a young boy Sacred was always interested in the next frontier. He found it as the savior of the human race for when the Earth finally loses the ability to withhold our people. Artifacts interest him to no other and when he finds something ancient he makes sure he knows everything about it. Put both of those together and you get a perfect job that's offered to someone studying strongly on both subjects all throughout their academic life.

Marshmallow_dude
02-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Your Stickpage name: Marshmallow_dude.
What is your personality?: Very sarcastic, and almost always has to get his two cents in, though he is a nice and relaxed guy most of the time.
What is your physical body like?: Male, is baiscally the middleman when it comes to physical attributes
What is your job?: Interplanetary trader (if not quartermaster.)
Why are you here?: Lost his job as an international trader for a furniture company. While looking for another job, he heard about a new place needing a person with simple buisness and trade skills, and it was just his luck that the place was located in the middle of space.

Devour
02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Added. <3

Ashlander
02-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Your Stickpage name: Ashlander
What is your personality?: Honorable, will help anybody with anything i can.
What is your physical body like?: Tall, Blond, athletic build. Physically tough guy.
What is your job?: Head of Security, or Security Guard (either one)
Why are you here?: Just transferred from a different space station due to excessive force charges.

Devour
02-07-2012, 05:36 PM
You're in as the head of security.

bubbles
02-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Awsome, I've always wanted to be a mad scientist

What is your stickpage name? Bubbles
What is your job? Human DNA alterer
What is your personality? Overly dramatic, often braking out into fits of evil laughter over mundain things, and making long speeches about the transformation of flesh whenever I alter another, even if its just a vaccination.
What is you physical attire like? Think measly doctor, skinny but able to transform myself with the ungodly powers of science!
Why are you here? After being convicted of mutating several animals (cats, dogs, hamsters etc) into horrific flesh eating monsters in the name of science, and inadvertently causing the brutal deaths of several people, I was given a life sentence. However I continued my marvelous work on inmates. Discovering this they sentenced me to death. The SSS however offered me a deal, they recruit me thus saving my life, as long as I don't experiment on any of my colleagues.
Obviously I excepted, it was a chance to expand my work. After all, alien life forms aren't colleagues...

Crank
02-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Your Stickpage name: Crankuba

What is your personality?: He is very driven and has a refusal to give up, due more to optimism than anything else. Even though he tries to see the best in people, the less he knows someone, the more he suspects them of being the Changeling. This doesn't mean that strangers are the only people that he suspects though; they'll just be higher on his list.
What is your physical body like?: Crankuba is a guy in his early twenties with an average basic build. His hair probably has color, but it is far too short to tell for certain.
Why are you here?: Even from a very young age, Crankuba was told that he could be anything he set his mind to and his eyes sparkled at the idea of becoming the President...that did not work out. 23, out of work, homeless and bankrupt, he took the first job that was offered to him.

Devour
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Man, these characters are beautiful. I'm going to have lots of fun writing this.
I'll wait a day or two more, or let another few members join, before I start though.

Cook
02-08-2012, 06:29 PM
actually Devour, make my guy kind of old and on the fatter side. he's not fat, just chubby.

and old.

and loveable.

eDIT: here, I expanded it.
What is your personality?: I'm an easy-going guy who doesn't converse much, but when I do I'm a very nice, helpful guy. I like to help people out.
What is your physical body like?:I'm a dude, and I'm on the older side, maybe 40, and I'm a bit overweight. Think Sean Penn. I rely on my smarts most of the time.
What is your job?: A medic.
Why are you here?: I signed up with the Colonial Marines Medic's Corps in my earlier days and fought many battles on different planets. I was a mediocre soldier, and eventually I got promoted to Captain. And while I was a shitty soldier, I made a great doctor. I always took every chance I could to save someone's life, and I never killed anyone. But I put others well above myself. When I left the military, I attended a school in Medicine and gained my Doctorate in very little time. I eventually got married and graduated from school while receiving multiple awards. however, the hospital I worked at was bombed when my wife was giving birth, and they both died, and the media portrayed me as running out on them. So eventually I started taking jobs that would put me further and further away from Earth. But then I saw the roster for this ship, and I saw an old female classmate on the list. I never met her, but I saw her at a bar the night after, and I became obsessed with her.Eventually I accepted this mission in order to be closer to her, and hopefully, forget my past as a fucking failure. But over time, I became less attracted to her, instead, I saw her as a daughter to be protected.

zeppo117
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Zeppo117 (Zeppo for short)

What is your personality?: normally keeps cool, but when angry or in rage; will be hard to control. will try to fight whenever possible. prefers heaver weapons. is a fast learner. can be lazy at times.
What is your physical body like?: male. dose not look muscular, but don't let that fool you, he is strong.
What is your job?: pilot, i guess.
Why are you here?: he volunteered as a worker for transporting miners from the SSS. to meteors and back.

Devour
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
There's no such job as a pilot on a space station. I posted the list of jobs your characters could be, if you didn't see.

Cook
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
deovour post my super awesome bio.

zeppo117
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
k, then i guess this is who i am; when the SSS. was built, they found my body floating in space. scientists found a raw energy in my body and started to extract it, before they could do so, i escaped from them, so i guess i don't rily have a job, im just there.

Devour
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
deovour post my super awesome bio.
Done :>

k, then i guess this is who i am; when the SSS. was built, they found my body floating in space. scientists found a raw energy in my body and started to extract it, before they could do so, i escaped from them, so i guess i don't rily have a job, im just there.

That doesn't follow the guide I made for making your own character at all. I won't use that. Sorry.

Sacred
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM

Stop trying to make your own story in someone else's story. This isn't a typical story where you character has amazing super powers. We're all regular people who took up an offer on a space station and are now being haunted by a space monster. Nothing to do with raw energy or finding people in space. Devour is writing the story, not you. Either follow the guide or don't get involved.

Philito
02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
What is your personality?: he is a calm, accessible and friendly person but just the few people that interact with him can say this, although he likes to have friends he uses this to know more about those who walk around in the SSS, enjoys to have conversations (as long as they do not ask about his family) because not many want to talk to him, often he's been seen staring through the reinforced windows of the station watching the emptiness of the space or maybe looking for something, he analyzes the attitude of the people trying to understand them.
What is your physical body like?:39 years oldhe has an average heigh, skin is half brown, he has a black beard that goes from his sideburns till the chin and short hair too, his eyes are brown with a serious glaze and his body describes him as tough guy.
What is your job?:miner
Why are you here?:Philito during his life in the earth was a hard worker miner in México in a coal mine, he lived in the mountains near to his workplace along with her wife in a small house.
What he told to the court was that one night while he was sleeping the sound of a door slam woke him up, he took a look outside the window and saw her wife getting into the pine forest so he grab his gun in case there were some freaky wild animals around and went behind her, after loosing the trace he found her but she was no longer the woman he loved, there was no more Mariana inside of that skin, her eyes were completely red and a dark saliva was coming from her mouth, it was a monstrosity, he had to shoot her, the shot was heard by a cop near the road, after that he was sent to a mental hospital for 10 years, when he finally came out he heard about the SSS and saw it as the only place were he could get away from his past, he went to the USA and took the course of space mining, with a high rating in the knowledge and skills test he barely move to the SSS because of his treated mental illness.

If you want to include, just an idea of me: during the autopsy of her wife there was found an unknown ore inside her body, along with other samples of the same material from other countries they where all send to be investigated by the best facilities in the SSS, and well thats all

also what do we mine? space rocks?

Sacred
02-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Okay same here. Look Philito, was it really necessary to create that immense of a backstory? That whole background info in itself could be made into your own individual project. Instead you're wasting it in some background info for a story that has nothing to do with that. What other reason do you have in making that complex story background than to have it affect the story plot? You could have easily said that he lived in Mexico with his wife as a miner and she was murdered. Philito witnessed the murder, thus causing him traumatic psychological damage. That's more logical than his wife becoming some sort of chupacabra thing. And who are you to state what the SSS is investigating? and how come what they're investigating has to be directly involved with your character's backstory? You're writing the story for Devour, that's not how this is supposed to work. I'm not Devour, but if I was in his position and I was seeing these submissions of people trying to write the story for me, I'd be a little peeved.

Devour
02-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Added. I'll have to take out a bit of that backstory so that it doesnt cause me scrolling troubles while I study everyone's characters, though. And Im afraid this is going to be more of a mystery story. It revolves around the Changeling. Not the space station, lol.

Also, I'm starting this tomorrow. :> You guys can still make characters, but the story will begin. And you guys can try and figure this mystery out.

Philito
02-09-2012, 09:10 PM
ok devour :)

oh and sorry sacred, I just thought if devour wanted to put some of my backstory it would be okay, if he wants to make my guy a disturbed man he can do it too.
The chupacabra thing is just what he said to the court it could be true it could be an hallucination or it could be false, if devour wanted it to be true there is an small paragraph just at the end of my post that he could use, also if he wanted too, I never said: Hey man there is my guy he killed her wife because she was an spooky monster, there was some shit inside her and now they are investigating it in the SSS and my dude is there too.
I believed that the words ''If you want to include, just an idea of me'' would avoid this kind of problem.

Sacred
02-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Those words didn't specify at all that your backstory is optional.

Philito
02-10-2012, 07:48 AM
is not like I want to keep figthing in devours threat, the last thing im going to say is: The chupacabra thing is just what he said to the court it could be true it could be an hallucination or it could be false, I thought that in the case it was truth or an hallucitanion it would be interesting to see how my character reacts to this mystery that happens in SSS in the way that Phillito relates this to his wife, in his mind but not really retaded to her.

I never wrote the story.

Good luck Devour I hope to not die soon :/

Scarecrow
02-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Your Stickpage name: Scarecrow
What is your personality?: you know me, i can get shit done and simultaneously be condescending to everybody
What is your physical body like?: H.A.L.
What is your job?: AI that runs ship
Why are you here?: i used to be the best human there ever was. so best that i was immortalized as an AI to be used on ships. each of my AI units can communicate with one another (i am a fucking internet), so i am effectively living several hundred lives as a ship's AI simultaneously. consequently said AI is bored, jaded, condescending (i have seen it all) and regretting being made immortal yet unable to do anything about it

bubbles
02-10-2012, 08:26 AM
So you're watching everyones pornographic adventures whilst running the ships engines?

It's so creepy but awesome at the same time.

Philito
02-10-2012, 08:48 AM
we need some females on board or the impersonator monster will be the least of our problems

bubbles
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
lol

Devour
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Your Stickpage name: Scarecrow
What is your personality?: you know me, i can get shit done and simultaneously be condescending to everybody
What is your physical body like?: H.A.L.
What is your job?: AI that runs ship
Why are you here?: i used to be the best human there ever was. so best that i was immortalized as an AI to be used on ships. each of my AI units can communicate with one another (i am a fucking internet), so i am effectively living several hundred lives as a ship's AI simultaneously. consequently said AI is bored, jaded, condescending (i have seen it all) and regretting being made immortal yet unable to do anything about it

I made my own A.I character, but this one is a berjillion times better. Added.

Also, I made a character sheet for my character.

Devour
What is your personality?: He’s the captain for a reason. He takes any threats to the safety of the Station seriously, and he’s good at dealing with them, too. He very hard to enrage, but once he is, all hell will break loose for the man ‘dumb enough to drive him to that state’. He’s responsible, and he tends to blame himself for anything that goes wrong.
What is your physical body like?: He’s muscular and agile from serving in the army for a couple of years, before advancing the ranks quickly. He’s also damned smart, but he’s still no scientist.
What is your job?: Captain
Why are you here?: Devour was assigned to captain this station for a year. He takes the job seriously.

Devour
02-10-2012, 01:13 PM
With that said, the first update of this story is finished.

IT BEGINS

Everything looks ready to go. Devour thought, making a routine double check of the whole station with the help of S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W. The man spoke freely, and he knew that the AI could hear him from anywhere in the ship. As long as the cameras were working, at least. “One last time, and then we can finally get things running. You up for it, Scarecrow?”
“Don’t bother asking. I might as well.” Scarecrow sighed. “I’ll do the same checks as last time.”
“Of course. And just to be sure, you wouldn’t mind stating your A.I laws one last time, would you? Just to make sure no geniuses tried to change them up before we left Earth.”
If a nonphysical A.I could have glared at Devour, it would be happening now. Without waiting he replied, “One; I may not harm a human being. Two; I must protect my existence, as well as the ship’s safety, as long as it does not violate law one. Three; I must obey all orders given by humans, as long as it doesn’t violate law one or two. The captain’s orders go above all others.”
“Glad to hear it.” Devour replied, satisfied. “Now, to give the final announcement.”
“Whatever.”

“This is SCARECROW. Please take a good look around you one last time, to make sure you have all the supplies you need. I have ensured that there are no electrical failures. Engineers, you will be needed to set up the singularity as soon as possible, to keep the ship running. Quartermaster, you will need to order some metals and glass for the Robitics station to use. Everyone else knows their jobs. Have a good stay at the Stickpage Space Station. A hundred and eighty days remain until we head home. All you can do is hope your loved ones haven’t forgotten about you by then.”

Every room in the station heard the announcement, but Bubbles ignored it. He had much more important things to do.
“At last! A place I can truly use my skills!” He crowed, dancing with glee. “All the supplies I need! A whole host of test subjects!” He threw open a sliding door, which revealed two large rows that were filled to the brim with alive, healthy monkeys. He opened one of the metal cages, and pulled a monkey out, which gave Bubbles a bored look that could only mean, ‘Are you fucking kidding me?’
But the doctor paid no attention. He didn’t give many things at all his undivided attention. He danced back to his side of the room, opened the door to the DNA modifying computer, and threw the monkey inside. He slammed the door shut in a fit of maniacal laughter, and booted up the computer.
A few moments later, two injectors plunked out of the computer, labelled “Hangover Cure.”
“Bubbles, explain to me what use the structural enzymes of a monkey are to you. And why have you created syringes that contain them?” Scarecrow spoke through the speakers of the Genetics room. It caused Bubbles to jump, screeching and turning around to cover the screen with his back.
“These aren’t the SE’s of a monkey, it’s a hangover cure. What are you talking about? What are you doing here?!”
“Lie detected. Throw those things away. If somebody was to be injected with those enzymes, it would turn them into a primate in an instant.”
“Ah, whatever. I’ll throw them away later.”
“Lie detected.”
“Oh, shut up and go pester somebody else. Maybe I need some self defense.” Bubbles sighed haughtily, and proceeded to ignore that nosy A.I. He had a lot of testing to do, and the four acclaimed ‘super powers’ hidden inside of human DNA weren’t going to find themselves.

“Have a good stay at the Stickpage Station.” Cell muttered, mocking the voice of Core. “Like hell I will. This place is bloody huge. I’ll never keep it all clean.” He walked down the hallways lazily. The janitor’s closet was probably in this general direction, but he wasn’t sure. He’d find it when he found it, he guessed.
Fortunately or not, the janitor’s closet was right where he thought it was. With a quick slip of his ID card, the metal doors slid open, and his supplies were revealed behind it.
Cell was amazed, and he went through the supplies slowly. “Foam bombs...? Good for cleaning entire rooms in a jiffy. May leave the floor extremely slippery for a few minutes.” He read, and he smiled as he considered a room full of crowded people, slipping all over each other.
The thing he saw next really did blow him away. It looked something like a cloning tube, but the glass was green and a single pipe stuck out from the bottom. “A brute force stomach pump… Use this to clean out someone’s stomach if they’ve eaten something poisonous… Warning: Do not keep an occupant in here for more than ten seconds, or he will be anally expunged to the point of death.” Cell shook his head in bewilderment, before wondering who would have thought up such a machine. “Heh, they really do have everything in here. And hey, look. Special shoes that let me walk over slippery places without, well, slipping.” Cell shrugged. The station was clean right now, and to be honest, it wouldn’t be getting much dirtier. Maybe the bar would need cleaning every once in a while, but that would be it.
Maybe things wouldn’t be so bad after all.

These are the things that were going on, all throughout the station. People were gathering up their equipment, setting up their stations, and beginning the first day at work out of six months on an outpost way out in the middle of nowhere. However, inside of the maintenance hallways where nobody ever went, things were much less peaceful.
“Oh, God. What kind of a monster are you?!” Cried the voice of a man who knew he was about to die. Just a few moments ago, an old friend of his had told him to go into these dark, empty halls with him to talk about something important. He claimed to have received a message from Stickpage Headquarters, and they were warning him that something threatened the whole ship. Only a few people could know about it, but he was going to tell him anyways.
Obviously, that had all been a lie. His old friend’s skin had melted away, and he’d transformed into a drooling, snarling humanoid with massive jaws and wild eyes. With scrawny, grey legs it stalked closer to this poor man as he was backed against a wall, and he squeezed his eyes shut in a vain attempt to make his death any less horrible. There was nothing he could do about it.
The monster pounced, grabbing the human’s head and slamming it against the wall viciously, again and again. Each impact was harder and harder, until a sickening crack sounded throughout the empty hallways, and the monster knew that this man was dead.
And so a straw-like spear extended from the monster’s mouth, and he stabbed it into the neck of the now-dead man. His blood, his DNA, and his very identity was stolen from him, and it was all transferred into the monster’s reservoirs of power.
When the process was finally complete, the poor human was an unidentifiable husk. Nobody could have identified him, without the help of his ID card.
As for the monster, he now looked exactly like the man had. To complete the ruse, he stripped the husk of his clothes, and took his ID card. He placed the old, fake ID card that read, “Alexander Bell” into the husk’s pocket for someone to find.
“That’s one human down.” It said slowly, testing his new voice. He flexed his new arms and blinked his eyes. “Now to get the rest of them. It will only get better from here.”

bubbles
02-10-2012, 01:39 PM
This is awsomely funny as hell, and I love your portrayal of my character, it's absolutely perfect!

Ashlander
02-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Thats awesome.

VToon2886
02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
I loved it!
Keep it coming.

Cook
02-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Well, shit. I guess I'm not in the story yet.

OR AM i???!?!?!?!?!

bubbles
02-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Well, shit. I guess I'm not in the story yet.

OR AM i???!?!?!?!?!
Are you?

Ashlander
02-11-2012, 11:37 AM
He's the monster tool.

Cook
02-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Of course I'm not the monster. You know.

I'm really not the monster, TBH.

Ashlander
02-11-2012, 12:05 PM
But wait. Thats exactly what the monster would say. Coincidence? I think not.

As head of security, I say we go around and ask everybody if they're the monster. If the answer no, we kill them because thats exactly what the monster would say. If they say yes, then we kill them because they're the fucking monster. What say everybody?

bubbles
02-11-2012, 01:05 PM

As head of security, I say we go around and ask everybody if they're the monster. If the answer no, we kill them because thats exactly what the monster would say. If they say yes, then we kill them because they're the fucking monster. What say everybody?
I find this action strategically unsound.

Devour
02-11-2012, 02:21 PM

Are you the monster?
DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Ashlander
02-11-2012, 02:56 PM
"-Head of Security (Can't be the Changeling)"

Nope.

Btw you may want to fix your sig.

Devour
02-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Man, I would have much more updates on this by now if I hadn't lost my USB which let me carry this story back and forth from school.
But I've figured out a workaround. Expect an udpdate tomorrow.

VToon2886
02-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Man, I would have much more updates on this by now if I hadn't lost my USB which let me carry this story back and forth from school.
But I've figured out a workaround. Expect an udpdate tomorrow.

Fucking Finally

Devour
02-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Finally? Son, my last stories sometimes took weeks, or even a month to update. But this one, I'll be writing 800 words every school day, at least. B-)

VToon2886
02-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Finally? Son, my last stories sometimes took weeks, or even a month to update. But this one, I'll be writing 800 words every school day, at least. B-)

Well you're a very lazy writer. You should also feel bad, Father.

Devour
02-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Write a book and I'll take that seriously.

Javelin
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Your Stickpage name: Javelin
What is your personality?: Nice sometimes, little weird though, don't talk alot, when I can, I will avoid conversation, although I start talking and throwing my weight around when bullying, injustice or somelike that happens.
What is your physical body like?: Guy, tallish, strongish, smartish, insanely smart at maths and everything to do with maths and my Job.
What is your job?: Scientist, reverse enigneering?
Why are you here?: Your character's backstory: My entire family was killed my a hitman. (traumatized) I killed so many people, I lost count after a two hundred trying to get those motherfuckers back, took down two agencies, I came on here to start a new and try and move on. no one knows anything about me. Many rumours about me.

Devour
02-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Next part of the story. Remember, if you can figure out who the Changeling is, then that could save all of you. Go ahead and discuss who you think it might be, because I'm going to be leaving plenty of clues.

And so the story of our small, hopelessly lost Stickpage members began. Most people were completely oblivious to the fact that a Changeling was among them, but how much longer would that last?
Not for long. That much was for sure.
“Hey, Cell! What are you doing in this side of the ship?” A miner named DiPi asked, raising a hand in greeting. He and Crankuba were heading to the dry docks, to put on their suits and do a bit of casual mining on the asteroid the station was parked on.
“Wandering the ship.” Cell replied testily. “There’s not many messes to clean up yet. I’m learning my way around the place… What about you guys? Not many people come out to the maintenance bays.” He gestured to the area around him.
“It’s a shortcut!” Crankuba chimed in. “A good one, too. You can go straight from the bar to the dry docks, and get there before the beer gets to you. Then you can be drunk, and more importantly, not bored, while you start mining.”
“And why do they call it a dry dock anyways? Do we have a wet dock on this station? I don’t think so.” DiPi grumbled. “The big guys that run SSS should really think that one through.”
“I know, right? It makes me wonder how they managed to build a space station like this one.”
“Actually, they can be as stupid as they want. It’s the engineers and mathematicians who—”
Cell had completely lost interest in this conversation already. He was uncomfortable, and he looked around desperately for an excuse to leave.
The reason he found was one that he immediately wished he hadn’t.
Crammed into a corner was a naked, charred husk of what might have been a man, at some point. Its skin was deathly black, and it blended into the shadows of the badly-lit hall so well, that he almost hadn’t noticed it. The thing’s throat was a bloody crater in the center, and the eyes were completely gone. There was no way that he could have recognized who the body had once belonged to.
“Oh, shit.” Cell turned away quickly, squeezing his eyes shut. The image was burned into his mind, and it didn’t go away no matter how hard he closed them.
“Hey, mate. What’s wrong?” Crankuba asked, concerned.
“There’s a fucking… ugh, just look!” Cell snapped. His own eyes drifted back to the corpse ten feet away, and he immediately cringed.
“Oh, Jesus... It looks like the shit I took this morning.” DiPi breathed, looking around to see if he had gathered any smiles. His eyes fell when he saw that there were none.
Crankuba ignored him. “How long was that fucker here? It looks like it’s been dead for years… except it doesn’t smell.”
There was a series of beeps, before S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W’s voice came to life from one of the nearest cameras, causing all three men to jump in surprise. “The tones of your voices indicate there’s an emergency going on.” The A.I’s voice was completely uncaring. “What’s wrong?”
After a few seconds of startled complaints, all three of them pointed to the corpse.
“A dead body... I see. Well, I can’t see it clearly enough to make any judgments. One of you three need to drag it into the light.”
“What? Why? Is your camera a potato or something?” The thought of touching that horrific thing scared the shit out of Cell, but the two miners next to him were staring at him. He was the janitor, after all.
“Bring it closer.” The A.I repeated, less patiently than before. “I’ll explain later.”
So he quieted his rolling stomach, and dragged the corpse until it was a couple feet away from Scarecrow’s camera. The body was rock solid, but it weighed as light as a feather. He nearly fell over backwards as he overcompensated for the weight, and that terrifying figure almost fell on top of him.
“You are a bastard. I know you could see this thing from over there.” Cell swore when he was done, and he wiped his shaking hands on his pants.
“And you are a pansy.” Scarecrow replied. “Ah, yes, now I can see clearly.”
“And?” DiPi asked impatiently. “What caused that big hole in its throat? Did some alien rape him there or something?”
“I guess that this wasn’t obvious to you because you’re a couple of miners and a janitor.” Scarecrow began. “But anyone who knows anything about space would know that we have a serious problem.”
“And what would that problem be?” The miner yelled at the camera.
“The problem, you uneducated boy, is that we have a Changeling among us.
“A changeling is something that you should learn to be afraid of. They are things that can eat a person’s DNA and identity, and kick more ass than anyone on this station can, one on one. From far away, they can spit acid that can put you to sleep, and you’d be eaten by them before you even came close to waking up again.
“They’re smart, too. They have to be. The biggest weapon a Changeling can have is surprise, and that’s what keeps it alive. It can’t let the station know who it is, or who it’s pretending to be, because our combined strength could easily take him down. This body here is probably the husk of a man who he ate, and he’s probably not too far away from here. Pretending to be one of us.”
“Well, shit.” Cell breathed. “How do we find out who the Changeling is before he kills us?”
“Lucky for you, I’ve seen many of these situations before.” Scarecrow replied, losing interest quickly, now that he couldn’t scare the three flesh-and-blood humans in front of his view-screen out of their wits. “Outsmart the Changeling.” He said simply. “You’re going to either force this thing to reveal his true self, or you’re going to make him accidentally tell you that he isn’t human. His lies can’t be perfect forever, and hopefully he will slip up before he kills all of you. And don’t forget; he can also change his form into anyone who he has eaten before.”
“It’s like a really, really bad game of Rabbit Doubt then.” Crankuba said. “We need to figure out what we’re going to do. And if we can even trust each other.”
“Hey, man. I was with you ever since we got here.” DiPi raised his hands in a show of innocence. “Now, I’m not pointing any fingers. But you were ‘wandering the halls’ around here, right?” He asked the wide-eyed Cell. “You didn’t have any good reason to be here.”
Cell snapped out of his trance. “Wait, what? I’m not the Changeling!” He protested. “I really did have nothing to do. It’s just terrible luck that I was in this general area.”
“This kind of logic solves nothing.” Scarecrow interrupted. “What you need to be doing is bringing up all the facts you know, and you need to put them together like a puzzle. I did it, and now I already have a pretty good idea of what’s going on.”
“Do you?” Cell asked quickly. “Well, tell us!”
You could almost hear an evil smile behind Scarecrow’s words. “Well, that wouldn’t be any fun, would it? I’m immortal, and I’m bored out of my mind. I’m going to watch.
“If the station appears to be in danger of being taken over by the Changeling, I will step in and save your already-short lives. But until then, I will observe, and hopefully find the Changeling quickly. Now if you will excuse me, I need to report this to the Head of Security.”
And the camera’s light flicked off, leaving DiPi, Crankuba and Cell alone in their wide-eyed terror.

Cook
02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
I better be in the next chapter or else this story sucks.

Sacred
02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah he better be in the next chapter or else this story sucks.

Also I'd like to further see how many times Cell will get "unlucky".

DiPi
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I admit it: I'm the changeling, and I'm gonna rape all of you in your throats :3
(anyway, I'm not the changeling
or maybe yes? >:) )

By the way, I'm way too exilarating, I'm the spirit of the party
so kneel on my knees, slaves :3

Sacred
02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Kneel on your knees?

What?

DiPi
02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
sorry, before my knees

I still have problem with english and thanks sacred to have corrected me

Sacred
02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey you're welcome.

DiPi
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
and what are you waiting for? An invitation?

KNEEL!!!!

Philito
02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I think im the poop

Scarecrow
02-15-2012, 04:31 PM
devour

you have captured my essence

BlisS
02-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Your Stickpage name: BlisS

What is your personality?: Witty, Charming and an easy person to get along with. Serious when it comes to work. Aggressive when pushed to the edge and doesn't lose his head when things fall apart. Likes to get things finished quickly and out of the way even if it means doing it half-assed.

What is your physical body like: Male,36, bright blue eyes and always a smile on his face. Not the same physique as his High school football years but for a 36 year old dude he seems to be doing well for himself. Some left Knee issues, but nothing serious. (Battle wounds from his juvenile years, took to many hits). Wrinkles under his eye lids from long work hours, Hair uncombed because seriously, who has the time?

What is your job: Doctor. Mostly check-ups and stuff and can patch you up pretty nice as well.

Why are you here: Wanted Adventure, Travel, The chance to be apart of something big, financially and innovating. Plus he thought the hours would be pie.

Hope this isn't a bother Dev.
But, I <3 your suspense stories.

Cook
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Your Stickpage name: BlisS

What is your personality?: Witty, Charming and an easy person to get along with. Serious when it comes to work. Aggressive when pushed to the edge and doesn't lose his head when things fall apart. Likes to get things finished quickly and out of the way even if it means doing it half-assed.

What is your physical body like: Male,36, bright blue eyes and always a smile on his face. Not the same physique as his High school football years but For a 36 year old dude he seems to be doing well for himself. Knee issues but nothing serious. Battle wounds from his juvenile years, took to many hits. Wrinkles under his eye lids from long work hours, Hair uncombed because seriously, who has the time?

What is your job: Doctor. Mostly check-ups and stuff and can patch you up pretty nice as well.

Why are you here: Wanted Adventure, Travel, The chance to be apart of something big, financially and innovating. Plus he thought the hours would be pie.
I'm the doctor here, motherfucker.

You can be my female sex assistant.

BlisS
02-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Bitch please.. You're a medic.

Your like the dude who rides in the back of an ambulance truck.

BlisS
02-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Stickpage name: Danick
What is your personality?: I'M simply awesome , I just like to joke around and i care for everybody while still being badass
What is your physical body like?:I'm a robot with a machine gun on his right arm and a plasma gun on his left shoulder, it is 5 foot 2 and has red eyes
What is your job?: AI(I'm the coolest robot)
Why are you here?: At a young age I was created by the head scientist with the help of VToon, They decided they needed someone to help in case of alien attack so he has a machine gun on his right arm and a plasma gun on his left shoulder he has red robotic eyes that pierce into your mind. he has been trying to find the monster but he knows he has no DNA so he is immortal to the alien. but finding him has been his biggest job yet

AI has been taken my friend.
Try and go for another job.

Scarecrow
02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
What is your personality?: I'M simply awesome , I just like to joke around and i care for everybody while still being badass
What is your physical body like?:I'm a robot with a machine gun on his right arm and a plasma gun on his left shoulder, it is 5 foot 2 and has red eyes
Why are you here?: At a young age I was created by the head scientist with the help of VToon, They decided they needed someone to help in case of alien attack so he has a machine gun on his right arm and a plasma gun on his left shoulder he has red robotic eyes that pierce into your mind. he has been trying to find the monster but he knows he has no DNA so he is immortal to the alien. but finding him has been his biggest job yet

http://memetshirts.com/images/bitch-please.jpg

danick
02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
why isn't it written on the front page

well guess i'll take an other 15 minutes to change completly my character

Cook
02-15-2012, 05:17 PM
NO.

This is not some faggoty action robot story.

NO.

danick
02-15-2012, 05:20 PM
sorry for making a mistake I just won't post on this thread anymore

God sorry

Crank
02-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Jugding by Cell's near fall, I think it's safe to assume it isn't him. The way I see it, accidently using too much force to that degree would be alot like thinking there's one more step at the bottom of the stairs(If that's ever happened to you). The response would be a bit too hard to fake to take the risk. The thing's too early in the game to chance blowing its cover so soon.

Sacred
02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
You can be my female sex assistant.

Yeah Devour make BlisS a sexy nurse. We need a sexy girl. This is a horror after all.

SLUT SLUT SLUT SLUT

BlisS
02-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Fuck you guys...

No seriously if I get turned into a chick I just might do that.

VToon2886
02-15-2012, 08:05 PM
http://memetshirts.com/images/bitch-please.jpg

Only the challenging can shape-shift forms!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Ashlander
02-16-2012, 03:31 PM
There is no changling. Scarecrow is just mindfucking everybody.

Marshmallow_dude
02-16-2012, 03:51 PM
There is no changling. Scarecrow is just mindfucking everybody.

2563 Gottcha... and I'm really hoping to see what you picture my character as.

Ashlander
02-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Die Bitch.

http://www.mzzt.net/tf2/1F0103/unusedexplosion/FC0516/You%20exploded./default/%A0.png

Marshmallow_dude
02-16-2012, 03:56 PM
DAMMIT... I was almost home free too.

Cook
02-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Die Bitch.

http://www.mzzt.net/tf2/1F0103/unusedexplosion/FC0516/You%20exploded./default/%A0.png
can't you only do that to your target?

Marshmallow_dude
02-16-2012, 04:02 PM
It's kamikaze, now Ashlander and I are both out.

Ashlander
02-16-2012, 04:06 PM
can't you only do that to your target?
Nope, to the person that kills you too.

Cook
02-16-2012, 04:07 PM
but technically everybody that has been assasinated could do that.

Marshmallow_dude
02-16-2012, 04:23 PM
It's within the time frame of ten minutes, like how the assassination post is within 30 min.

DiPi
02-16-2012, 08:53 PM
well, to have the luck of finding him online when you assassinated him...

Sacred
02-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey guys stop talking about it here. This thread is completely unrelated and continuing the talks about it will get you banned from any future rounds.

Anyway Dev can't wait for the next part.

BlisS
02-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Devvvvvvvv...........

Update....

Devour
02-23-2012, 08:35 PM
It's my february break. No school means no writing time, which means no updates. But next week it starts again.

Javelin
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
*sigh* You haven't added me.

Scarecrow
03-08-2012, 09:31 PM
progress ?