PDA

View Full Version : Stiffness. Help. now.. plz D:

Ssjbryando
04-23-2008, 10:16 AM
OK >:C Everytime I make an animation, everyone says its smooth, but its stiff.

I probably havn't made an animation which didnt had stiffness. But when I look at Mraznbuddy's animations and others, terkoiz, I don't get it, I don't see the differents. I mean, not In quality, but I mean in movements, I move my sticks body exactly like lets say terkoiz does when he does a basic punch.

And still no one says hes stiff. =\ What is stiff ness. How DO I FREAKING SOLVE IT, Since I really don't see it, People say animate the whole body every frame, BUT THATS WHAT I ALWAYS DO D: . Like the back doesn't move much, but It can't in some situations, like a straight punch or something, ok you lean a bit forward then tho but w/e/.

Any tips? I use a bit line with pencil tho? But Jcamelo, and others use line, and they don't have that, I know line boosts it a little tho. the stiffness.=D Plz

/Overdramatic comment

SSOutPhase
04-23-2008, 10:29 AM
It's not that they're drawn wrong, its how you animate them. In your anims, you style is sorta different. You ease into a punch then you stop for a quick second, then the next punch is eased into, then stopped...that made no ****in sense so Ima show you.

http://antiup.net/view.php?id=24116916155ads.swf

From what I see, you animate your attacks sorta like that. You punch, then stop, then punch and stop again. When really to make it smooth, you keep it moving, it doesn't stop. Like your avatar, he crouches and stops too fast. Also looks stiff. If you still dont understand, I'll try and help more.

New Generation
04-23-2008, 10:58 AM
More easing and frames and what SSOutPhase said and all will be good.

Ssjbryando
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Ooh. I think I know what your saying, since I do that in all my animations.

When I punch, 1 frame for the punch, then I ease it like 4 frames. but the fifht frame of easing, I stop all the movements (Kinda like a single double frame) Then I continue and do the same. So is that stiffness? isnt that just wrong easing or something, well your better ^^ so Ill listen to you.

Thx Ill try to really keep the combo moving next time, instead of stopping it, then continue then stop.

Maybe more comments and some more tips ? =3 Dudes.

Omega
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Ooh. I think I know what your saying, since I do that in all my animations.

When I punch, 1 frame for the punch, then I ease it like 4 frames. but the fifht frame of easing, I stop all the movements (Kinda like a single double frame) Then I continue and do the same. So is that stiffness? isnt that just wrong easing or something, well your better ^^ so Ill listen to you.

Thx Ill try to really keep the combo moving next time, instead of stopping it, then continue then stop.

Maybe more comments and some more tips ? =3 Dudes.

One of your main problems could be easing too much; if you do, everything looks robotic. For example, if a person jumps down and springs back up, there should be no/little frames between the frame in which the person is upright and the frame in which the person is still kneeling down. (fbf Strife's stuff for help, his movements are well-exaggerated)

If a person were to punch and then kick, try making the the kick start to enact right after the punch. You don't want one movement to finish, and then the other to begin. If a person were fighting another person, would they kick only after they punch? No, they would try to punch and then immediately kick after to hurt the other person more.

In other words, the first movement you make should have a smooth, sort of flailing transition into the next movement, and so on. Look at Rakno's stuff if you want.

Hope that helped. Plus, if you were doing exactly what Terkoiz was doing, your animations wouldn't be stiff.

Ssjbryando
04-24-2008, 05:13 AM
I wasn't doing what he was doing. But I was just doing a straight punch. Without looking at terkoizes animations, then I watched a movie of his, and checked how he does a straight punch, and they looked kinda the same.

But those are some good tips!! ok, so right after the punches attack again. yeah that makes sense. Thx alot!

more tips are welcome =P lol

joseph778
04-26-2008, 12:59 PM
well.. those tips kinda helped me! I think Im doing what SSJBryando is doing.. I think my animatians might be a little stiff to